Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 08:30 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
we believe it is Jesus... and with the Mehdi will destroy the Anti-Christ and establish the final Caliphate.
for those wondering, here is definition of Caliphate:
"A caliphate is an Islamic state. It's led by a caliph, who is a political and religious leader who is a successor to the Islamic prophet Muhammad. His power and authority is absolute."

and does Jesus the Muslim Messiah the final Caliph and leader of the world wide Islamic state abolish war?

Will there be world peace? Will all people beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall there be war anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
we believe it is Jesus... and with the Mehdi will destroy the Anti-Christ and establish the final Caliphate.
What is the Anti-Christ that will be destroyed?

Old 06-01-2015, 08:42 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
"A caliphate is an Islamic state. It's led by a caliph, who is a political and religious leader who is a successor to the Islamic prophet Muhammad. His power and authority is absolute."

and does Jesus the Muslim Messiah the final Caliph and leader of the world wide Islamic state abolish war?

Will there be world peace? Will all people beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall there be war anymore?
Quote:
What is the Anti-Christ that will be destroyed?
We know from the hadeeth of the Prophet (saw) that there will be 1000 units of time whereby there will be absolute peace. We don't know whether that's 1000 years, 1000 months or 1000 days.

The anti-Christ's proper name in Islam is "Dajjal" meaning the Deceiver. He will be of Jewish origin and the Jews will follow him as the Moshiach. The key here is that his nature is deceit, lying, dishonesty and the putting on of a facade... and he is so good at it that the Prophet (saw) told the believers that if one ever comes upon and knows that they are in the presence of or near the Dajjal, to run.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:43 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Female here.

Ah, yes, maybe we should encourage Woodrow to write a book. I would definitely buy it for myself and buy a copy to donate to the library I work for. I find Woodrow's knowledge to be enlightening and wish we could sticky all of his posts for everyone to read to understand.
My apologies!...Sister*

Old 06-01-2015, 09:03 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:

Your definition of Caliphate and Caliph are reasonably accurate. However there are 2 ways the Caliph can be selected. By full consensus of all Muslims or direct appointment by GOD. We believe the Mehdi has been appointed directly by GOD.

We believe that under the final caliphate there will be world peace and all people will submit to GOD) under the leadership of the Ma'sah and Jesus(as)

Like the Christians we do believe there will be a final battle between the People who follow the Da'jal (Anti-Christ) and those who follow GOD.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
The anti-Christ's proper name in Islam is "Dajjal" meaning the Deceiver. He will be of Jewish origin and the Jews will follow him as the Moshiach. The key here is that his nature is deceit, lying, dishonesty and the putting on of a facade
Quote:
we believe it is Jesus... and with the Mehdi will destroy the Anti-Christ and establish the final Caliphate...Like the Christians we do believe there will be a final battle between the People who follow the Da'jal (Anti-Christ) and those who follow GOD.
And who are "the people who follow the Anti-Christ" that must be destroyed before world peace can reign under Islamic word domination?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-01-2015 at 10:37 AM..

Old 06-01-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
And who are "the people who follow the Anti-Christ" that must be destroyed before world peace can reign under Islamic word domination?
We really do not know.

From the Ahadith it is said

The Jews will divide into 70 sects but only one will enter Heaven. The Christians will divide into 71 sects but only one will enter heaven, the Muslims will dividwe into 72 sects, but only one will enter heaven. ( Going by memory, might not be the exact words)

From that we know there will be Jews, Christians and Muslims that will follow the Dajjal.

All us Sunni Muslims believe that the Muslims that follow the Sunnah will enter heaven.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:53 PM

678 posts, read 847,077 times
Woodrow, your oldest daughter is Shiite? How did that come to be? I'm really curious since many people who convert to Islam, usually convert to Sunni Islam.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
Woodrow, your oldest daughter is Shiite? How did that come to be? I'm really curious since many people who convert to Islam, usually convert to Sunni Islam.
That I never found out. She had reverted about 20 years before I did. I did not even find out she had reverted to Islam until long after I had reverted. There was a period of about 20 years I had no contact with my children. When I had married my second wife after my Children's mother died, they did not like my wife and refused to have anything to do with me until after my second wife passed away. Shortly after that I had accepted Islam and about a year later reunited with my Children.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:11 AM

116 posts, read 87,865 times
To characterize Shia/Sunni categories only as rivalries between Arabs and Persians is a mistake. The GCC countries are all rivals of one another and in particular Qatar and Saudi Arabia.....there is little love between the two even though both are Wahabi...

Middle Eastern rivalries aside...60% of the world's Muslims are not in the Middle East but in Asia and here there are intermarriage between Sunni and Shia....though these days there are also lots of tensions....

Also---I don't agree that there are fundamental differences between Shia, Sunni, Sufi....All follow the Quran and Sunnah...some just add on other stuff....Because the fundamentals are the same....we are all Muslims....

As Muslims it is important to keep in mind the concept of Tawheed (Unity) which is that God is compassionate and merciful to all humanity and it is not for us to judge---but the exclusive right of God to judge. Divisions/Sectarianism is Shirk. Disunity among our Ummah will only harm us Muslims. Divisions create prejudice which is not only harmful to the community, but also destructive to our soul....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam