Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,747 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to thank this forum for letting me become a member and post on the boards. Thank you mods. I hope it is okay to post a question like this.

I was wondering since our bodies decay and rot and is turned to dust or nothing, in the afterlife will we be giving a completely new body? If that is so, then can I be white if I as Allah? I am black, but in heaven/Jannah can Allah make me white ? The reason for this question is that I really, really, want and desire to be white. I've never wanted to be black. How can heaven be heaven and a place of bliss if I will be unhappy with myself and depressed with my skin color. I've always felt sad, depressed, and angry for being black. I don't want to be black. Please do not say love myself or accept what God has given you. I can't accept it. I want to be white in heaven and that is my dream in the hereafter. How can I be happy now and accepting of what God has done and given me. Is there hope for me in the afterlife? Please be honest and kind.

Also, the hadith says that everyone who enters Jannah shall have their desires granted and that we will have whatever we wish. So can't I have what I want? Masha Allah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 06:09 PM

106 posts, read 64,167 times
All I can offer is an oppinion, but it would seem in paradice there would be no restrictions on your phsycial appearence.
It seems you are bitter, for what reasons I can only guess, but chose not to.
Who knows, It might be cool to be green with yellow pinstripes,

Old 05-30-2021, 04:13 AM

3,640 posts, read 40,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown User1 View Post
I am black, but in heaven/Jannah can Allah make me white ?
On the Judgment Day, faces of those going to Jannah would turn to being white and those going to Jahannam (hell) would turn to being black regardless of how their faces looked before that. This is Allah's promise.

[3.106] On the day when (some) faces shall turn white and (some) faces shall turn black; then as to those whose faces turn black: Did you disbelieve after your believing? Taste therefore the chastisement because you disbelieved.
يَوْمَ تَبْيَضُّ وُجُوهٌ وَتَسْوَدُّ وُجُوهٌ ۚ فَأَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ٱسْوَدَّتْ وُجُوهُهُمْ أَكَفَرْتُم بَعْدَ إِيمَـٰنِكُمْ فَذُوقُوا۟ ٱلْعَذَابَ بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَكْفُرُونَ

[3.107] And as to those whose faces turn white, they shall be in Allah's mercy; in it they shall-abide.
وَأَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ٱبْيَضَّتْ وُجُوهُهُمْ فَفِى رَحْمَةِ ٱللَّهِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَـٰلِدُونَ

Quote:
The reason for this question is that I really, really, want and desire to be white. I've never wanted to be black. How can heaven be heaven and a place of bliss if I will be unhappy with myself and depressed with my skin color.
Jannah is gardens of bliss. You will have what you wish. That's why they are gardens of bliss.

[16.31] The gardens of perpetuity, they shall enter them, rivers flowing beneath them; they shall have in them what they desire. Thus does Allah reward those who are conscious (of Him)
جَنَّـٰتُ عَدْنٍ يَدْخُلُونَهَا تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَـٰرُ ۖ لَهُمْ فِيهَا مَا يَشَآءُونَ ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ يَجْزِى ٱللَّهُ ٱلْمُتَّقِينَ

Quote:
I've always felt sad, depressed, and angry for being black. I don't want to be black.
All you have to do is believe and do good deeds to other living beings on earth.
Once in Jannah, all the ill feelings about life on earth will be gone forever.
Obviously getting there is not an easy passage or free license. You have to live the life on this earth as Allah has guided you. Only then you can hope for the mercy of Allah.

Quote:
Also, the hadith says that everyone who enters Jannah shall have their desires granted and that we will have whatever we wish. So can't I have what I want? Masha Allah
Not only in hadith but in the Qur'an as well (read 16:31 quoted above). MashaAllah you can hope to achieve what you want (and more) if you live this life righteously.

[50.35] They have therein what they wish and with Us is more yet.
لَهُم مَّا يَشَآءُونَ فِيهَا وَلَدَيْنَا مَزِيدٌ

[30.15] Then as to those who believed and did good, they shall be made happy in a garden.
فَأَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّـٰلِحَـٰتِ فَهُمْ فِى رَوْضَةٍ يُحْبَرُونَ

Last edited by Khalif; 05-30-2021 at 04:22 AM..

Old 05-31-2021, 10:22 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
Quote:
I just wanted to thank this forum for letting me become a member and post on the boards. Thank you mods. I hope it is okay to post a question like this.

I was wondering since our bodies decay and rot and is turned to dust or nothing, in the afterlife will we be giving a completely new body? If that is so, then can I be white if I as Allah? I am black, but in heaven/Jannah can Allah make me white ? The reason for this question is that I really, really, want and desire to be white. I've never wanted to be black. How can heaven be heaven and a place of bliss if I will be unhappy with myself and depressed with my skin color. I've always felt sad, depressed, and angry for being black. I don't want to be black. Please do not say love myself or accept what God has given you. I can't accept it. I want to be white in heaven and that is my dream in the hereafter. How can I be happy now and accepting of what God has done and given me. Is there hope for me in the afterlife? Please be honest and kind.

How did Michael Jackson got white?
Perhaps you can do the same procedure done to you and you get your wishes come true, without even worrying about what happens to your skin color AFTER death?

Old 06-01-2021, 02:48 AM

3,640 posts, read 40,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
How did Michael Jackson got white?
Perhaps you can do the same procedure done to you and you get your wishes come true, without even worrying about what happens to your skin color AFTER death?
The whiteness, the blackness, the brownness or even the pinkness of skin colour in this life is only temporary. The real permanent colour will become apparent only on the Day of Judgment. Temporary face job in this life is never going to bring bliss to anyone. It will be a fake job and fake happiness only.

The solution for lasting happiness is simple; believing and doing good deeds to earthly living beings (humans, animals, birds, fish, insects and even living plants and trees that sustain life on earth. I have just watered 31 hanging baskets that I made this year. My family and friends are going to enjoy the sight of them outside their homes for the next 4 months. Bees will also love them.

Old 06-01-2021, 04:37 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,665,675 times
The people of paradise will have the same beautiful look and the same age and the same length
they will be all perfect
for more detail knowledge please read this link

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1532...le-of-paradise

Old 06-02-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
The whiteness, the blackness, the brownness or even the pinkness of skin colour in this life is only temporary. The real permanent colour will become apparent only on the Day of Judgment. Temporary face job in this life is never going to bring bliss to anyone. It will be a fake job and fake happiness only.

The solution for lasting happiness is simple; believing and doing good deeds to earthly living beings (humans, animals, birds, fish, insects and even living plants and trees that sustain life on earth. I have just watered 31 hanging baskets that I made this year. My family and friends are going to enjoy the sight of them outside their homes for the next 4 months. Bees will also love them.
I dunno, the OP created the account and they have just one post, that was opened up in the Islamic forum asking some weird stuff that has got hardly anything to do with learning Islamic theology.

So I thought to provide them with an idea to quickly resolve their issue as the OP hates being black in this life. And there is a solution to that.

Old 06-02-2021, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I dunno, the OP created the account and they have just one post, that was opened up in the Islamic forum asking some weird stuff that has got hardly anything to do with learning Islamic theology.

So I thought to provide them with an idea to quickly resolve their issue as the OP hates being black in this life. And there is a solution to that.
Please no trouble. It is my post so I can say and do whatever I want. If you have nothing positive to contribute stop patronizing or antagonizing my intent for this post. Don't start trouble.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:47 AM

1,478 posts, read 478,639 times
Quote:

I am not part of Islam, but I do know this, when self-consciousness decreases, awareness of everything else in life increases. That is where things begin to open up and the focus is changed.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Please no trouble. It is my post so I can say and do whatever I want. If you have nothing positive to contribute stop patronizing or antagonizing my intent for this post. Don't start trouble.
When you open a thread in a public forum, then be ready to get responses, feedbacks and comments of all different kinds and from all different sources.

That particular reply (Post #7) was a not a direct response to you.

However, I answered you in Post #4 directly. If you wanted to response to that, we can have a one to one conversation.

What's wrong in doing what Michael Jackson did to lighten up his skin color? If he can do it, you can do it, No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam