Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 06:33 AM

3 posts, read 4,587 times

Advertisements

My reiligion is Islam and any membrs want to know moor about can ask me or send to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 09:44 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Is it true that slavery is currently permitted in Islam? Under what conditions?

Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM

204 posts, read 508,006 times
Hello and welcome to the forum. I originally posted this, however, I don’t think any replies came directly from a Muslim. Do Muslims believe that Jesus will one day return to Earth to judge mankind?

Old 08-07-2007, 06:59 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,080 times
What do Muslims think of non-Muslims?

Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 PM

18 posts, read 105,002 times
I am also Muslim. To reply to gospelsaves' question, we do believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) will return from the heavens to Earth. We don't believe that he was crucified, but was raised to the heavens to be saved from those who wished to execute him. He will descend down after the Antichrist appears and spreads havoc and chaos throughout the land, and he will fight assemble an army to fight him. To my knowledge, this is what Islamic faith holds.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:02 PM

320 posts, read 296,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospelsaves View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum. I originally posted this, however, I don’t think any replies came directly from a Muslim. Do Muslims believe that Jesus will one day return to Earth to judge mankind?
I thought Muslim's believed Jesus would return to tell the world to follow Islam.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmominVA View Post
I am also Muslim. To reply to gospelsaves' question, we do believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) will return from the heavens to Earth. We don't believe that he was crucified, but was raised to the heavens to be saved from those who wished to execute him. He will descend down after the Antichrist appears and spreads havoc and chaos throughout the land, and he will fight assemble an army to fight him. To my knowledge, this is what Islamic faith holds.
What makes Christianity and Islam so different?

Old 08-23-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
What do Muslims think of non-Muslims?
If local Muslim's are any indication of "thoughts" about non-Muslim's, it's that any non-Muslim, especially in Western society, is an infidel. One said "My jihad is to live among the infidels. To keep my faith pure in God within a materialistic society is the ultimate test of faith. Most people go to church on Sunday, and that's their religion for the week. My religion is every day, every hour. I feel blessed to think about God every morning."

Islam wasn't much different from Christianity 80 years ago in America. The traditions - like waiting for marriage, dressing so you don't allow a man to lust after you, asking parents permission to date the daughter - was an important tradition in America for many years.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:16 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
From what CNN showed on their "God's Warriors" special which dealt with Islam, Muslims believe that Jesus will one day return and do a truce with the Islam world.

Isn't it amazing that there is record of Jesus in the Quran?

Old 08-23-2007, 01:17 PM

18 posts, read 105,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBreaux View Post
What makes Christianity and Islam so different?
A major difference is that Christians believe Jesus is the son of God. We don't. We believe he was a prophet, along with many others, such as Abraham, Moses, Joseph, Mohammad (peace be upon all of them). All are mentioned with the utmost respect and regard in the Koran.

As for what Muslims think of non-Muslims, I think every religion believes theirs is the right one, or chosen one. So do we. What we think of non-Muslims really boils down to each individual Muslim, so it's difficult to speak for everyone.

You have the radical, extreme believers. I have my opinion of that as well, and I personally think those are the ones that have chosen to focus on specific aspects of Islam because it is to their advantage. Ask a Muslim American how difficult it is to hold onto your beliefs in these current times, how hard it is to be a Muslim and proud of it, with so many in the same faith professing hate and biligerance. Do I think they will be martyrs for going out and picking a fight, for killing innocent people? No. You can't look at the actions of one group and assume it represents the whole.

Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam