Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:01 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
Satanism taking on ritual sacrifice, some catholic priest also rape young boys, it happens a lot even though islam is exposed all over the media. i mean i am not a muslim but i respect their religion, and i do not support their belief, for instance i have never fasted for 30 days from morning to evening without food nor water. i can survive without food but not water i know because it isn't easy
Oh, goodness.
Satanism is not a 'religion'. It did not exist before Chrisitanity, but only came about as a reaction to Christianity. 'Satan' was not even known before the bible came up with him.
Generally, today, Satanic practices are part of the drug culture. It is a way of controlling people involved in illegal activities, both to unite them and to threaten with blackmail or physical harm if they become sick of these activities and wish to leave or turn their comrades in.

Catholics and the public in general were disgusted with the scandal of pedophilia and pressed the government in many civil suits to make the church pay for its tolerance of these horrors.
Where is the penalty that Islam is forced to pay by a government because of its horrors? No, it is generally looked upon, as far as I can see, that the punished person deserved what they got. This is depravity to me, that innocent people can be persecuted by a religion instead of being able to turn TO the religion for help. And the guilty parties, the rapists, are penalized in NO WAY.
This is not a religion that worships any god that the rest of the world believes in. It is only an evil god that would behave in such a way.
But it is not god that does this, it is sick and twisted people who for some reason are tolerated by the populace, which I can only conclude must be just as sick and twisted in their thinking. This makes it something ugly, an evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 11:37 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Oh, goodness.
Satanism is not a 'religion'. It did not exist before Chrisitanity, but only came about as a reaction to Christianity. 'Satan' was not even known before the bible came up with him.
in my respond # 6 in this thread , i challanged you to give me any islamic site or verse from quran which justify such acts
yet you didn't respond to my challange !!!

Old 11-21-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
There are, unfortunately, many injunctions in the Old Testament (eg. Leviticus) to stone to death all sorts of people whom we, in arguably more enlightened times, would regard as innocent.

It is no coincidence that both Christianity and Islam derive from the same ancient sources, ie. from Abraham and the patriarchs of the O.T. Thus, a tradition of killing by stoning and other methods is well-established, and scripturally approved.

I guess the main difference in our own time between these two rival faiths is principally one of what is culturally acceptable, and it horrifies me to think that there are, without doubt, amongst us, some fundamentalist Christians who would be happy to turn a blind eye to, (if not actually participate in), the enactment of ritual slaughter, should it be the cultural norm...

(That is not to say that every moderate Muslim must be equally appalled at what is sometimes carried out in the name of their faith, too).

Whatever happened to the legacy of the enlightenment, that these fora should spill over with such displays of bigotry in the name of religion?

Brian.
The basic problem, as I see it, stems from when the state endorses a religion, and makes the religious dogma part of the civic life.

The brutalities in the Old Testament cannot be denied, but nobody endorses them, in fact, we denigrate the instances of the past in which people DID follow such practices. It is a source of embarrassment and shame that harm occurred to individuals in the name of religion, that religion, instead of bringing solace, often brought fear and was the instrument of persecution. We see those people as ignorant and ill-informed and misdirected. Some of them, we see as psychopaths.

Because of the bad behavior of religion and the tendency of some of them to produce megalomaniacal leaders, we decided to remove religion from political life. It is often easier to get rid of a political leader, but the power hungry religious dictator is difficult to overthrow, and his threats of damnation often short circuit the logical minds of his followers.

So, as you may say both religions have corruption written into them, only one is actually putting such persecution and ugliness into practice.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
in my respond # 6 in this thread , i challanged you to give me any islamic site or verse from quran which justify such acts
yet you didn't respond to my challange !!!
Yawn.
I think we all know where Islam stands, by its fruits.
I have little desire to plow through Islamic scripture, but we can see the results of the religion by the behavior of the countries and people who are inspired by it.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Yawn.
I have little desire to plow through Islamic scripture, but we can see the results of the religion by the behavior of the countries and people who are inspired by it.
okey , give me one relgion , where i can find good fruits for 100% of thier followers?
may be i will think to convert if you found one for me

Old 11-22-2008, 12:07 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,381,952 times
Here is a great article on this subject.

M. Zuhdi Jasser discusses the need for change in the ideology upheld by many Muslims.
Quote:
Few Muslims have been as critical as I have of their [various American Islamist organizations] apologia and inability to be forthright with the public about the problems which arise from political Islam and the need for reform. Their apologia is obvious in their dissimulation and refusal to identify the ideologies and permutations of Islamism which feed Islamist-inspired terror.
Additional helpful information

Old 11-22-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
okey , give me one relgion , where i can find good fruits for 100% of thier followers?
may be i will think to convert if you found one for me
I don't care what you do. I am not a member of an organized religion. I, personally, do not believe in them. To me they are all man made.

I sometimes believe the world would be a much better place with NO religion, certainly not the sort that has a list of rules attached.

I envision an ideal world one in which people strive to do the good and the fair thing out of common decency and caring for each other. I think it is possible to rear boy children who are not hostile, greedy, jealous, and opportunistic rapists without promising them rewards and punishments in an afterlife.

Such people exist.

The ideal is to be good for its own sake. As a part of your responsibility to yourself and those around you.

Ultimately, as you know, there is no religion 'out there' which can adequately control our behavior. It all must come from within, from our own individual decisions.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:14 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
in the mid east the sin of rape seems to fall on the woman for some unexplained reason.
"she tempted him" i dont think its an islamic thing i think its a mideastern thing.
in the west its the man that is the bad guy no matter what, even if the woman leads him down the garden path, e.g. mike tyson case. if there is something inappropriate in the west sexually, its about the guy never the woman.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
in the mid east the sin of rape seems to fall on the woman for some unexplained reason.
"she tempted him" i dont think its an islamic thing i think its a mideastern thing.
in the west its the man that is the bad guy no matter what, even if the woman leads him down the garden path, e.g. mike tyson case. if there is something inappropriate in the west sexually, its about the guy never the woman.
regardless of relegions
i think that the woman is the one should to be most care and most blame if such intercourse happened by her will , because she is the one who bear the children
i dont mean at all to mention the punishemnt , the punishment should to be for all of them
i just talking about , why the mideast culture blame the women more than men , it's because she should to be more care

Old 11-22-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:

Ultimately, as you know, there is no religion 'out there' which can adequately control our behavior. It all must come from within, from our own individual decisions.
exactly , this is the point
that's why i asked you this question
as long as you more relegious as long as your individual behaviour become more rightious
but may be you find someone not relegious , then testify his behaviours by relegion in vain

you said
Quote:
my openion which you agree with me in is that
it's imopssible to know where any relegion stands by behaviours of some of it's followers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam