Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 01:39 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
All soft tissues are turned to ash by cremation. While the bones are not completely disintegrated, they are certainly fragmented. The hollowed fragements are pulverized into tiny grit like particles. While Islam generally forbids cremation, are there no exceptions, such as someone who dies and is cremated in a building fire or automobile fire? If Allah can create a human from dust, does He not also have the ability to resurrect a human from dust or ash?

Allah is able to create or recreate any thing from nothing

The Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it : ‘Be!’ — and it is” al-Baqarah 2:117********************************
And Our Commandment is but one as the twinkling of an eye” [al-Qamar 54:50]

and regarding the tailbone i think that Allah is giving us a lesson to search and investigate the causes and reasons and to discover rules and science
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 01:41 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,974 times
This marvelous aya

As it is explained in the book: Man after Death, by Mohammed-Ali Hassan:

God - be exalted - said in the Quran 32: 10-11
وَقَالُوا أَئِذَا ضَلَلْنَا فِي الْأَرْضِ أَئِنَّا لَفِي خَلْقٍ جَدِيدٍ بَلْ هُم بِلِقَاء رَبِّهِمْ كَافِرُونَ . قُلْ يَتَوَفّاكُم مَلَكُ الْمَوتِ الّذِي وُكِّلَ بِكُمْ ، ثُمَّ إلَى رَبِّكُمْ تُرْجَعُون

The explanation:
(And they say, 'When we are [dead and our bodies are] lost in the earth, how can we then be recreated?'

But in fact they unbelieve in the meeting with their Lord.

Say [O Mohammed, in reply to them]: "The angel of death, put in charge of you, will take you[r souls; when] then you will be returned to your Lord.")

So He – be exalted – has told that while their bodies scatter in the earth and disintegrate, then no need to their recreation; because the judgment and requital are for souls, and souls are enduring, immortal and will not die, but it is the body that will die;

and that is His saying - be exalted - in this Quranic revelation:
قُلْ يَتَوَفّاكُم مَلَكُ الْمَوتِ الّذِي وُكِّلَ بِكُمْ ، ثُمَّ إلَى رَبِّكُمْ تُرْجَعُون
i.e. (Say [O Mohammed, in reply to them]: "The angel of death, put in charge of you, will take you[r souls; when] then you will be returned to your Lord." )

Here also, God - be exalted – did not mention any revival to life after mentioning the death, but He said after it:
ثُمَّ إلَى رَبِّكُمْ تُرْجَعُون
i.e. (then you will be returned to your Lord.)

Old 10-04-2009, 02:06 PM

There is nothing like such "bone-tail" or the coccyx mentioned in the Quran; it is only some traditions ascribed to the prophet that he said such a thing, which is not at all mentioned in the Glorious Quran.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:14 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
Allah is able to create or recreate any thing from nothing
Then you agree with me and I rest my case.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon View Post
ibrahim (pbuh) and the birds

Behold! Abraham said: "My Lord! Show me how Thou givest life to the dead." He said: "Dost thou not then believe?" He said: "Yea! but to satisfy My own undertaking." He said: "Take four birds; Tame them to turn to thee; put a portion of them on every hill and call to them: They will come to thee (Flying) with speed. Then know that God is Exalted in Power, Wise."

Prophet Abraham and the birds

This is in the Quran 2: 260
وإذْ قالَ إبراهيمُ رَبِّ أرِنِي كَيْفَ تُحْيِي المَوْتى قالَ أوَ لَمْ تُؤْمِنْ قالَ بَلَى ولكِنْ لِيَطْمِئِنَّ قَلْبِي قالَ فَخُذْ أرْبَعَةً مِنَ الطَّيْرِ فَصُرْهُنَّ إلَيْكَ ثُمَّ اجْعَلْ عَلَى كُلِّ جَبَلٍ مِنْهُنّ جُزْءً ثُمّ ادْعُهُنّ يَأتِينَكَ سَعْياً واعْلَمْ أنّ اللهَ عَزيزٌ حَكِيمٌ

The explanation:
( [Remember] when Abraham said [to his Lord]: “My Lord, make it obviously clear to me how You give life to the dead.”

[God] said: “Do you not believe [that I am All-Able?”]

[Abraham] said: “Yes [, I do,] but [I ask] in order that my heart may be assured.”

[His Lord] said: “Take four [kinds] of birds [:the poultry that walk on their feet but cannot fly: the chicken, the duck, the Indian chicken and the peacock;]

and make them incline* to you [by giving them food and calling them to the food;]

then place a part of them [ one of these four] on each hill [that are round about you],

then call them; they will come to you [walking on their feet] in haste;
and know that God is All-Mighty [and] Most Wise.”)
-----------------------------------------------------
[* i.e. team them to turn to you when you call them to food.]

The interpretation:
[as in the book The Universe and the Quran by Mohammed-Ali Hassan al-Hilly:]

>> ( “My Lord, make it obviously clear to me) means: Let me understand (how You give life to the dead.” [God] said: “Do you not believe [that I am All-Able?”] ) means: Haven’t you believed yet ?

>> (Abraham] said: “Yes [, I do,] ) or I have believed, (but [I ask] in order that my heart may be assured.”) according to what you will show to me.

>> ( [His Lord] said: “Take four [kinds] of birds [:the poultry that walk on their feet but cannot fly: the chicken, the duck, the Indian chicken and the peacock;] ); of each kind one bird,

>> (and make them incline to you [by giving them food and calling them to the food;] ); the meaning: make them familiar with you, that is by giving them food for many days, until they become familiar with you;

i.e. team them to turn to you when you call them to food; so that when you call them, they come to you in haste; i.e. let them return to you when you call them.

The birds, which Abraham took, were of those, [domestic birds], living at homes like the hen, the duck, the peacock and the Indiancock .

>> (then place a part of them [ one of these four] on each hill [that are round about you] )

>> ( then call them; they will come to you [walking on their feet] in haste); that is because they have become familiar with eating and drinking after you call them.

This is a parable told by God to Abraham, which means: God -be exalted – says to Abraham:

Souls will not perish, and bodies will not be resurrected or returned to life again, but souls will be gathered and judged, because souls are everlasting, and no defect or disturbance will affect souls.

So on the Day of Judgment, the angel Israfel will call them, and they will hear his call, and gather to the caller in haste, just as when you call the birds they come in haste.

Last edited by eanassir; 10-04-2009 at 02:52 PM..

Old 10-04-2009, 02:45 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Shaking head in disbelief here!!
You too huh? These guys aren't doing the credibility of their religion much good...I wonder if there is a recipe for vampires? ( How to create a vampire in three bloody steps)

So you guys actually think that I can grow a human out of my butt?

Old 10-04-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You too huh? These guys aren't doing the credibility of their religion much good...I wonder if there is a recipe for vampires? ( How to create a vampire in three bloody steps)

So you guys actually think that I can grow a human out of my butt?

See reply #33 on this page:
Such claim is only according to some tradition ascribed to Prophet Mohammed; there is nothing as such in the Glorious Quran.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:03 PM

See my reply #33 on this page:

This bone tail is only a tradition ascribed to Prophet Mohammed that he said such words; while nothing like that in the Glorious Quran.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:37 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
And this is the science of Islam....

Old 10-04-2009, 03:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And this is the science of Islam....
I wouldn't even call it science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam