Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 05:55 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times

Advertisements

"At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and
disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails and among street
gangs"

Or they get persecuted and driven from their homes like in Burma and China.

"From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their
percentage of the population. They will push for the introduction of halal"

Oh my, it's like those Jews asking for kosher food. And we've let them! If we start letting people have restaurants and delis who knows what's next! They might want to grow a beard or become mayor of New York. Who knows what craziness!

"When Muslims reach 10% of the population, they will increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions"

What are you thinking of in regards to Guyana? Or Singapore as they have a similar percent.

"At 40% you will find widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks and
ongoing militia warfare: Bosnia -- Muslim 40%"

Yeah the Muslims in Bosnia were sneaky enough to engineer the collapse of Communism and the resurgence of Serbian nationalism that killed more of them than it did Christians. Because you know they love violence, even if they're the ones facing the brunt of it.

"From 60% you may expect unfettered persecution of non-believers and other
religions, sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a
weapon and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels:
Albania -- Muslim 70%"

Really? Albania, really? Religious persecution in Albania was mostly under the atheistic Hoxha regime. Read the following and you'll find some minor complaints, but nothing like what you're talking about.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2006/71364.htm - "The national leadership of the Albanian Islamic Community, however, announced that it supported erection of the statue on the ground that Mother Theresa was a national figure. Ultimately the Shkodra Islamic community rescinded its objections, stating that it, too, recognized that Mother Theresa was a national symbol."
http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2007/90160.htm
http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2008/108431.htm
Albania

"After 80% expect State run ethnic cleansing and genocide"

First the oppression to non-Muslim in Turkey mostly ended about eight decades ago. Even then much of it was nationalist as they treated Kurdish Muslims nearly as bad.

Second Senegal is like 90% Muslim and does not have these features you name in its history so far as I know.

There is actually some truth in what you're saying, but there's also a good deal of selective information and just flat-out lies. And this is coming from a guy a Muslim hear called "an atheist enemy of the Qur'an."

Last edited by Thomas R.; 12-16-2009 at 06:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Jews don't demand kosher foods when their population increases in a given area. They just start more stores so they can supply kosher foods.

As for your questions, you should write the one who originally wrote the article and the CIA.

Last edited by Eusebius; 12-16-2009 at 08:40 AM..

Old 12-16-2009, 09:24 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
[quote=Eusebius;12050204]Jews don't demand kosher foods when their population increases in a given area. They just start more stores so they can supply kosher foods.

So do Muslims, there are many halal food stores in my area. Lots of Muslims and lots of Islamic shops.

I wish there were more kosher food shops where I live.....

Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
[quote=Jazzymom;12050969]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jews don't demand kosher foods when their population increases in a given area. They just start more stores so they can supply kosher foods.

So do Muslims, there are many halal food stores in my area. Lots of Muslims and lots of Islamic shops.

I wish there were more kosher food shops where I live.....
The difference between the Jews and Muslims is the Jews aren't trying to force everyone to join their religion when they reach a majority in a given area.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 AM

179 posts, read 295,116 times
Quote:
The Catholics were just taking back what the Islamic Turks stole from them i.e., lands, etc. those many years ago. Back then the Catholic church was the government of Europe and controlled the armies etc. If they didn't run the Turks out of town we'd all be towel heads by now.
Yes I totally agree.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:39 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
[quote=Eusebius;12051532]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

The difference between the Jews and Muslims is the Jews aren't trying to force everyone to join their religion when they reach a majority in a given area.
Of course, outside of Tel Aviv and a few neighborhoods here in Brooklyn, there aren't many places on the planet where we actually happen to be in the majority.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:37 PM

27 posts, read 20,852 times
I can confirm. In Tajikistan "soldiers of the Allah" in 90. Were engaged in murder, compulsion and a robbery of the European people.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ Still meets: corruption, not desire , murder of "half-blooded". ( fact )

Old 12-17-2009, 10:38 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
http://pewforum.org/newassets/images...fullreport.pdf

That indicates Albania and Senegal are both low in religious hostilities and government interference with religion, including minority religion.

That being said most of the Muslim nations do tend to come out bad in studies and this is no exception. Hindu nations also come out bad. A few Eastern Orthodox nations come out poor (The Russian Orthodox Church is not the most tolerant bunch), but some come out well. Self-declared *"secular-states", like France or Turkey, usually tend to come out poor on religious freedom and this sticks with that.

I do object to painting all Muslim nations that way and the initial mention of Albania seems to have no support at all. Albania is even considering same-sex-marriage, not exactly what an Islamist nation would do.

*The US is not per-se a secular state. There is to be no established religion, but the idea that religion must be purely private is also not established. Therefore there have been third parties openly based in Transcendental Meditation, Fundamentalist Christianity, and so forth. As well as Christian political organizations like the "Southern Christian Leadership Conference" or "The Christian Coalition."

Old 12-18-2009, 07:07 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
[quote=Fred314X;12068490]
Quote:

Of course, outside of Tel Aviv and a few neighborhoods here in Brooklyn, there aren't many places on the planet where we actually happen to be in the majority.

lol that's very true.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam