Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:26 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
I put Gloria on ignore on long time ago and ever sense I have had a glorious experience here. She offers nothing to any conversation what so ever.
"what so ever"
Is that anything like whatsoever?

"...and ever sense I have had a glorious experience here."
Not sure what that means, either. But thanks for keeping it all Gloria, all the time!

And to heighten your glorious Gloria-ignoring experience, you should maybe listen to the anthem in my honor - while you're not thinking about me. Umberto Tozzi Gloria - Italian Version - YouTube I like what Umberto Tozzi says about me far better than Laura Branigan's version of 'Gloria'. Such a great song. The Italian does NOT translate to the English version so much. Tozzi's version far more flattering. Like 'Lena from Palesteena', the song has variations, and grew over time. Don't miss that devastatingly beautiful Violinist who appears around 2:10! Beard, bangs, and a monobrow. Tutto perfetto!

So..... What's the latest on The District at Eastover? I think the Developer would be a real hottie, if he wore his hair in Bama Bangs (without noticeable 'product', by the way), and would let his eyebrows grow out. Gentlemen, if someone is messing with your eyebrows, that someone needs to be jettisoned from your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 09:43 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,350,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
"what so ever"
Is that anything like whatsoever?

"...and ever sense I have had a glorious experience here."
Not sure what that means, either. But thanks for keeping it all Gloria, all the time!

And to heighten your glorious Gloria-ignoring experience, you should maybe listen to the anthem in my honor - while you're not thinking about me.
Umberto Tozzi Gloria - Italian Version - YouTube I like what Umberto Tozzi says about me far better than Laura Branigan's version of 'Gloria'. Such a great song. The Italian does NOT translate to the English version so much. Tozzi's version far more flattering. Like 'Lena from Palesteena', the song has variations, and grew over time. Don't miss that devastatingly beautiful Violinist who appears around 2:10! Beard, bangs, and a monobrow. Tutto perfetto!

So..... What's the latest on The District at Eastover? I think the Developer would be a real hottie, if he wore his hair in Bama Bangs (without noticeable 'product', by the way), and would let his eyebrows grow out. Gentlemen, if someone is messing with your eyebrows, that someone needs to be jettisoned from your life.
Please stick to the topic.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:50 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,167,098 times
I enjoy Gloria's posts.

I drove by the site for this development, and I noticed that there is a lower income neighborhood that backs up the cleared area. I wonder how those people feel about their backyard turning into a shopping complex for higher income groups. So far they have the land cleared and a big sign saying that Eastover complex is coming soon.

If they have stores that I can't visit anywhere else I will visit at least once to check it out. I think that anything bringing some money back into Jackson is a good thing.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:40 AM

772 posts, read 1,000,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
I enjoy Gloria's posts.

I drove by the site for this development, and I noticed that there is a lower income neighborhood that backs up the cleared area. I wonder how those people feel about their backyard turning into a shopping complex for higher income groups. So far they have the land cleared and a big sign saying that Eastover complex is coming soon.

If they have stores that I can't visit anywhere else I will visit at least once to check it out. I think that anything bringing some money back into Jackson is a good thing.
Lower income? LOL that is NOT a lower income neighborhood. That's essentially part of Eastover known as Leftover. There is nothing low income about that neighborhood at all. Some of Jackson's finest architects lived in that neighborhood.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:40 AM

It's the neighborhood that you can see from the interstate, and it's definitely lower income. Perhaps I am mistaken on thinking the cleared land I saw was this particular development. The one I'm thinking of definitely did not have any architects that designed those houses.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:57 AM

772 posts, read 1,000,393 times
Quote:
It's the neighborhood that you can see from the interstate, and it's definitely lower income. Perhaps I am mistaken on thinking the cleared land I saw was this particular development. The one I'm thinking of definitely did not have any architects that designed those houses.
Was there a Blind & Deaf school across from the cleared land?

Old 04-01-2014, 01:46 PM

I'm not sure because I just saw it from the interstate. I will pay more attention the next time I drive by it.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:13 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,350,476 times
Quote:
I'm the first guy here to bash Jackson when it needs bashing, but this area is not "low income".

Last I heard the project was still moving forward.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:25 PM

I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything. I actually felt bad for the people in the neighborhood. As a previous poster brought to my attention, I am most likely incorrect in what I saw. I obviously misread the sign I saw posted. The next time I am over that way I will be sure to pay more attention.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:31 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,110,528 times
Within a few streets back behind there, it gets wealthy pretty quickly. I think that little circle right behind there used to be cute little 1950s houses, always modest, but not anything wrong with that street at all, and great location. Not sure just how well those houses are holding up at the moment but they're blessed with convenience I-55, all the hospitals etc (for low commute) and positioned exactly between Eastover, Woodland Hills, Fondren and Belhaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson