Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2023, 07:41 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,767,854 times

Advertisements

Jackson Jambalaya: Pearl Chase Ends in 2 for 1 Special

One imagines t'wern't nothin' legal goin-on in either vehicle, prior to the crash. Following the crash (and I quote from Kingfish's coverage), "Both the Jackson Police Department and the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department were requested to work the accident investigation but refused."

So, PearlPol had to contact the Mississippi Highway Patrol, who continue to investigate. With eight youths and two stolen cars involved, I'm sure they've got plenty to investigate. But neither Jackson nor Hinds County can be bothered.

Meanwhile, in Madison, EVERY incident, including the rescue of 10 baby ducks (https://www.wapt.com/article/madison...drain/43566961), gets a multi-agency response. You get the PoPo. You get the fire trucks. You get ambulances. You get Animal Control. You get housing inspectors - even at 1AM. The vehicles don't stop coming, until the street is so full of First-responders, there's no room for even one more. But they're generally so quiet, that unless the blue and red lights make it through a gap in your blackout curtains, you won't know they're out there, rounding-up miscreants. Per someone who still lives in Mississippi: "You know that old Jello Biafra song: 'Last Scream of the Missing Neighbors'? It's like that, only in this case, the neighbors NEED AND DESERVE to be hauled-off. They're hauling-off meth moms. They're hauling-off alcoholics. They're hauling-off noise-polluters. They're hauling-off wife-beaters. Jackson Jambalaya: Life for Aggravated Domestic Violence Madison is no place for people who can't behave."

Madison, by the way, is having a Parade of Honor, to celebrate the city's first-responders.

But back to Jackson: this latest incident is like a re-do of one I previously reported: https://www.city-data.com/forum/jack...1-suspect.html . The comments below the Jackson Jambalaya article, linked at the top of this post, seem to unanimously agree. How is it possible that there are repeated crashes involving multiple stolen vehicles? One commenter noted: "...Raymond Road, where most of the vehicles on the road are stolen." Are there any good people left in Jackson?

It all reminds me of that Bible story where Lot can't find enough good men in Sodom and Gomorrah, for the cities to be spared. So, I'll link to The Village People's song about that Biblical moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ocx9l8gwEs (if Governor Sundayschoolteacher has mandated age verification for the viewing of Village People videos, please disregard this link)

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 05-08-2023 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: correcting the title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 12:02 PM

560 posts, read 785,728 times
That was a nice story about the baby ducks! Loved the footage of the mother and baby ducks reunited at last. No worries about the ducks brandishing weapons, or arresting mama duck for child endangerment.

Old 05-10-2023, 12:29 PM

4,381 posts, read 4,231,916 times
I just love the mother who was irate that her sweet 16-year-old daughter's life was threatened by the police chase while her daughter was out joyriding at 1 in the morning on a school night with five friends in a stolen car. How dare they!

Old 05-10-2023, 06:14 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,767,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
That was a nice story about the baby ducks! Loved the footage of the mother and baby ducks reunited at last. No worries about the ducks brandishing weapons, or arresting mama duck for child endangerment.
Izzi says someone spotted the duck & babies, later, happily paddling in "the pond by the Zinnia Field". Madison has a zinnia field.

Wish I could find a video which includes the hot fireman with the big moustache. He's rather awe-inspiring.

But I'm wondering how it works with the baby ducks. After the first one falls in a hole, do the other nine feel obliged to follow?

Old 05-13-2023, 03:05 PM

560 posts, read 785,728 times
How the baby ducks ended up in the storm drain is a mystery. But, this article published in 2017 by Harvard University, suggests that they follow whatever is moving around them. The article re-examines the theory of imprinting and implies that perhaps the "ducklings" could have found their way into the storm drain without the mother's consent! Little rascals. https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2...il%20to%20form.

It would be nice to hear why the Jackson Police Department and the Hinds County Sheriff's Department refused to participate in the Pearl Chase from their perspective. I wonder if law enforcement in Mississippi is facing some of the same obstacles as Law Enforcement in California.

Old 05-15-2023, 08:13 AM

5,948 posts, read 2,870,440 times
Front northmost Coos County N.H. love the tone of the city-data responders.

Old 05-16-2023, 09:49 PM

577 posts, read 560,509 times
Thank goodness for the CCID. It's the new Madison, right in the heart of Jackson. Everything including Downtown, Belhaven, Fondren, Eastover, the Quarter, Banner Hall, and Highland Village are all cozy inside the CCID boundaries. Praise be.

What I love is that from Highland Village, you're 5 minutes to the Renaissance and Township, 10 minutes to Madison. From Fondren you're 5 minutes to Flowood and 10 minutes to the new Waterpointe (under construction).

One Lake (10 miles through Jackson) is supposed to be announced in August. The renderings of parks, trails, and waterside neighborhoods are gorgeous. Fannye Cook Park, at 2,700 acres next to the lake, is supposed to open soon as well. It's actually a great time for Jackson, but nobody knows it yet.

With the new lake, I am proposing a new name for the Jackson Metropolitan Area. "LeFleur Lakes".

Old 05-17-2023, 08:02 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post

It would be nice to hear why the Jackson Police Department and the Hinds County Sheriff's Department refused to participate in the Pearl Chase from their perspective. I wonder if law enforcement in Mississippi is facing some of the same obstacles as Law Enforcement in California.
Unfortunately there's a deep ideological divide between most of the leaders in Madison and Rankin Counties and leaders in Jxn/Hinds. Madison/Rankin are law and order communities with severe punishments for lawbreakers (especially those who aren't connected). Most leaders in Jxn/Hinds are soft on crime and believe in light sentences (if any). They believe crime is a by product of racial injustice and therefore perpetuators shouldn't be virgiuoslv prosecuted. In 2016, longtime Jxn City Councilman, Kenny Stokes, urged Jxn resides to throw rocks, bricks and bottles at LE from surrounding counties who chase suspects into Jxn. Recently there have been incidents of innocent bystanders being injured and killed in Jxn during police chases (that originated outside of Jxn).

The relationship between Jxn and the burbs is likely unrepairable. Many professional jobs/offices/firms have left Jxn and relocated to the suburbs, so leaders in the burbs don't really feel a need to have much of a relationship with Jxn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson