Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2010, 03:31 PM

27 posts, read 77,877 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about Riverside, but based on my job, it makes much more sense for me from an affordability standpoint to live near the town center or farther east. I would just spend way too much money on gas living out in Riverside.

so anyways I want to like the Esplanade because I could walk to a lot of places I like and go to on a regular basis. id save so much money on gas living there. anyways ive heard the property managers are jerks but im not too concerned with that. im pretty quiet, generally dont play any music, and i dont own any pets. i doubt theyll even know im there.

really im more worried about the mold though. when i used to live in town i remember reading all about it. but that was a few years ago. have they fixed all that by now? or is it kind of hit or miss depending on what condo you live in? i know other complexs in the area have had to deal with mold issues but I think theyve made the appropriate changes to rid themselves of it.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 08:12 AM

725 posts, read 2,571,119 times
I don't know. I haven't heard much about it lately. It would be nice if real estate agents could give you an honest answer. You'd think they would need to give out that information prior to the sale.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 4,214 times
It depends from place to place. For ex. the place I live in was not affected by mold yet. The one that i have checked since it was for sale had mold all over. I believe builders would do anything to solve the problem, since they made a mistake at begining. If you are purchasing place at Esplanade, definitelly pay attention to mold.
And yes, mangement there is very crule and rude, board of directors consists mostly of elderly folks who are trying to impose the rules as the community is senior citizen community.
Amenities are not that great, pool, gym (very small for community size), and that is it. No parks and walkways to walk around your dog, or playground.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:24 AM

200 posts, read 619,122 times
I personally, haven't heard of a mold issue but haven't showed/sold in that area. However, if you ask the builder/seller for a Seller's Disclosure, they do have to disclose this information. Anything that "materially effects the value of the property", must be disclosed by the seller. Also, our contracts in NE Florida have a special addendum specifically for mold. A mold inspection is a separate inspection (from the home inspection) and if you are concerned, I would highly recommend one prior to deciding. A typical home inspector will also check for a higher moisture reading. Best of luck.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:27 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,488,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrece View Post
I personally, haven't heard of a mold issue but haven't showed/sold in that area. However, if you ask the builder/seller for a Seller's Disclosure, they do have to disclose this information. Anything that "materially effects the value of the property", must be disclosed by the seller. Also, our contracts in NE Florida have a special addendum specifically for mold. A mold inspection is a separate inspection (from the home inspection) and if you are concerned, I would highly recommend one prior to deciding. A typical home inspector will also check for a higher moisture reading. Best of luck.
I recall that there was a Folio article about mold in that place. Could be wrong. Robyn

Old 09-18-2010, 10:03 PM

109 posts, read 306,668 times
Many of these units have had chronic mold issues--was looking at units as rental investments and this came up over and over. The builders fix was to install dehumidifiers to the air conditioning units but that did not seem to work for many. Would not recommend buying in this development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville