Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 06:59 AM

19 posts, read 22,151 times

Advertisements

Been checking and it does seem like most builders left. Only Pulte continues to build concrete block homes.

What do you guys think of the area? Will it continue to grow and develop? aware of any plans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 07:20 PM

199 posts, read 468,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuleta1519 View Post
Been checking and it does seem like most builders left. Only Pulte continues to build concrete block homes.

What do you guys think of the area? Will it continue to grow and develop? aware of any plans?

When I was first looking, I liked Las Calinas because it had block and no CDD. I wasn't impressed with the amenities. They also don't have Natural Gas service that far down yet. I love my tankless gas water heater and cooking with gas; buried propane is an option, but expensive to get filled.

We travel down that way a lot; for Starbucks and to visit friends. It's not that far in terms of miles from the Nocatee area, but it does feel like a 15 minute trip at times; you are that much closer to St Augustine though. Hopefully, Palencia will get a grocery store again. Currently you have to travel 7-10 miles to a grocery store.

The area across from Las Calinas is a state park, so I don't see anything being developed in that direction. South of Calinas is Kesington (which has some new spec homes going up, but not many) and Palencia. Palencia has a bit of restaurants and shopping, hopefully that will start to expand again.

Eventually, Nocatee will start to expand into the area North of Las Calinas, basically down to Pine Island Rd.
What I will call the southern loop of Coastal Oaks in Nocatee is in the formal planning stages. Most of it is with the planning and zoning boards for approval. Beyond that, I'm sure it will be 10-15 years before the southern connectors to Pine Island Rd are complete.

If you take a look at some of St John's counties online tools, you can see who owns the property around Las Calinas.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:27 PM

103 posts, read 187,972 times
FWIW Palencia has natural gas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville