Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 04:08 AM

3 posts, read 4,203 times

Advertisements

I will very soon be moving to Jacksonville to work in Citibank in its CITICARDS way, 32258 office.
Please advice what would be the right place for me to rent an apartment, which is close enough to office, markets etc.
From what I have learnt that public transport to the office in Citicards wat isnt great, so what could be the best way for a new in the city person to commute given that I wont have a car initially.
Thanks in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 07:34 AM

219 posts, read 510,552 times
I don't know that you're going to find public transport that will get you to Citi. The closest apartments appear to be across 95 so you'd have to go up 95, across Old St Augustine, and back down to Citi which would come out to a 3 miles or so. There is a Marriot Courtyard that's ideally situated but that's probably not what you are looking for.

Before we moved in to our home we stayed at Amelia James Island up by the Town Center. It was a great place to be and the commute wasn't bad but it would definitely require a car.

Working at Citi and given the state of public transport in Jax, I would say your best bet may be to stay in the Courtyard for a couple weeks while you work out your car situation then pick the apartments and commute you like best.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:10 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,504,737 times
Look at the Bartram Park area, which is right across the interstate (I-95) from where Citicards is located. There are apartments and townhouses/condos for rent in that area, which is very close to shopping and dining. Check with your new employer to see if there's a carpool setup with anyone who lives in the area. Also, LilMikey mentioned it's only about 3 miles, and that seems to be about right. Buy a bike. a 3 mile bike ride is nothing, and that area is easily bike-able.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:51 AM

3 posts, read 4,203 times
Thanks LilMikey and EricBoyd for your inputs.. just one more question, how much would a furnished 1 bedroom cost me in terms of monthly rent in the areas you mentioned

Old 03-25-2012, 11:38 AM

219 posts, read 510,552 times
I don't see any prices posted for Indigo Apartments. I also don't see anything about furnishings. That would be the one that's about 3 miles away. Here is their site: Indigo Apartments in Batram Park Jacksonville, FL Florida - Homes for rent (http://www.indigoapartments.com/default.html - broken link). We've been to an apartment in this complex. I believe it was the 2br Winter Lake floor plan. Seemed nice enough.

Another mile or so would get you to the Carlyle at Bartram apartments. Looks like they start in the low $800s: 1, 2 and 3 Bedroom Apartments in Jacksonville, FL | Floor Plans. No 'furnished' information.

Both of those are quite close to the Publix/Kohls/eatery mini-mall on Old St Augustine. Either of those is likely going to lock you into a 12 or if you're lucky, a 7 month contract.

The fully furnished Courtyard Flagler center is $80 a night and close to Citi. Depending on your age and interests you may be better off staying there for a couple weeks, getting your car sorted, and picking an apartment closer to your interests. On the other hand, if your interest is work, those apartments may be where you'd end up anyway.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:01 PM

245 posts, read 503,873 times
I think you've eliminated the Bartram Park condos/townhomes....I believe there's nothing smaller than 2 bedroom/2-1/2 ba and you're unlikely to find one furnished for rent..The 2 bedroom go for $1000 and under (they're about 1500 sq ft)...So figure you'd pay less than that for a furnished 1-br..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville