Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:09 AM

227 posts, read 391,156 times

Advertisements

I'm liking the taxi idea. Can anyone suggest a park and ride or something similar along JTB? We're coming from 9a, but could easily meet a driver to avoid having to drive to Ponte Vedra and then ride back up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
Will they fly by Micklers or is that too far down?

Old 10-20-2012, 07:29 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
Will they fly by Micklers or is that too far down?
Micklers would probably be at the very southern edge of the turn-around zone for everything except maybe the F/A 18 Hornets that the Blue Angels fly. Their (the Blue Angels) southern edge would probably be in the Vilano Beach area, and their (the Blue Angels ) northern edge would probably be in the Kings Bay area. But when they (The Blue Angels) go past Micklers they would probably be to high to really see well.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:05 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
Thabks, just thought I might avoid the crowds that way

Old 10-20-2012, 05:23 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Micklers would probably be at the very southern edge of the turn-around zone for everything except maybe the F/A 18 Hornets that the Blue Angels fly. Their (the Blue Angels) southern edge would probably be in the Vilano Beach area, and their (the Blue Angels ) northern edge would probably be in the Kings Bay area. But when they (The Blue Angels) go past Micklers they would probably be to high to really see well.
Not true about flight level. It depends on flight path (which changes). I live in Marsh Landing. And today - driving along Marsh Landing Parkway - 5 planes in formation flew right above us - very close to the ground. I've had single planes fly over my back yard. Upside side and so close to us I could the pilot's face. The parking lot at Publix on Marsh Landing Parkway is usually (not always) a pretty good place to see some action if you want to avoid JAX Beach and Beach Blvd. Robyn

Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 PM

I was mainly speaking for the Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Team being at a higher altitude, as they are bound by US Naval regulations to avoid flying low over populated area if at all possible.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Not true about flight level. It depends on flight path (which changes). I live in Marsh Landing. And today - driving along Marsh Landing Parkway - 5 planes in formation flew right above us - very close to the ground. I've had single planes fly over my back yard. Upside side and so close to us I could the pilot's face. The parking lot at Publix on Marsh Landing Parkway is usually (not always) a pretty good place to see some action if you want to avoid JAX Beach and Beach Blvd. Robyn
I was mainly speaking for the Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Team being at a higher altitude, as they are bound by US Naval regulations to avoid flying low over populated area if at all possible.

Upside side?

Old 10-20-2012, 09:40 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Those planes fly pretty low, especially the Angels. I remember when they used to do shows at NASJAX and we would see them fly really low near 103rd. And they didn't fly by very fast. It was really exciting lol.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:12 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post

Upside side?
I was talking about the Blue Angels (I've never seen other planes). I've seen them fly low to the ground - yesterday being an example. And I obviously meant "upside down". Robyn

Old 10-24-2012, 10:45 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,933 times
This was how low the Blue Angels were practicing the other day.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville