Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 PM

285 posts, read 606,747 times

Advertisements

Here's my sorely uninformed, emotional female opinion...

Tebow does his "Tebow" thing best when he is the alpha-male, leading his team and firing them up. Did you notice how the entire Broncos team improved when he was driving them through their comeback? I think he needs to be somewhere that he can do his Tebow thing, and I hope that place is here. I can tell you, for us, we will be buying tickets to see him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 05:56 AM

294 posts, read 340,932 times
I hope it works out for Tebow and the Jaguars. As an NFL fan (Bengals), I would like to see some excitement for my new town's home team!

Old 12-25-2012, 06:04 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post
Good God. Just another example of a terrible decision, on the part of the Jags.

No wonder we haven't been relevant in the NFL, for years.

Tebow is terrible. He'd be lucky to make it in the Canadian League, much less the NFL. (which BTW, is where he's going to end up)

Come on people. Face it. If he wasn't a former Gator QB, and if he wasn't a religious fanatic, no one would care.
Strange comment considering he got Denver into the Play Offs as a starter there.

He can play in the NFL if he isn't used as a circus attraction as he was in NY.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,884,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwebb49 View Post
Each of those teams (Pats & Sox) have won multiple World Championships/Series. If the Jags ever won "anything" at all, whether the Super Bowl, Conference, Division Championship or even more than 2 - 3 regular season games. I believe people here would start to wear their gear more often also.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ALSO!
That would certainly help but, to build a base which will stick with them, they need to create a buzz about the team. Winning helps but, if that's all they've got, they'll quickly lose the fans they picked up.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
This makes absolute sense. I also think that the reason some people don't like Tebow is more personal than having anything to do with his ability as a QB but they will never admit it.
I agree but both ways. Some hate that he's outwardly-religious, others love it. Either way, I think he's a good dude. He does a lot for people when he doesn't have to. I respect that.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Strange comment considering he got Denver into the Play Offs as a starter there.

He can play in the NFL if he isn't used as a circus attraction as he was in NY.
Exactly, got them into the playoffs and won a playoff game. No small feat and something Denver hadn't done in many years.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:20 AM

530 posts, read 1,461,202 times
Tebow cult followers are so clueless its almost a crime. Denver back their way into the playoffs, so what they won, DG won a play off game also AND!!!!!!! If he's so great why is he being thrown around like a piece of trash, b/c thats what you do with trash you throw it away. TT is not the answer and never will be. Get a grip!!!!!

Old 12-26-2012, 07:35 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
I agree but both ways. Some hate that he's outwardly-religious, others love it. Either way, I think he's a good dude. He does a lot for people when he doesn't have to. I respect that.
I blame the media more for making such a big deal over his religious beliefs than I do him.

......and BTW, I'm an Atheist who doesn't have a problem at all with that. If an Atheist QB was hyped by the media positively or negatively, I'd feel the same way. It's a personal matter.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:13 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,737,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
I blame the media more for making such a big deal over his religious beliefs than I do him.
He is a big deal because the NFL loves the bad-boy image in sports, which makes him an odd-ball. The kinda visceral hatred that I see expressed towards the guy goes beyond the normal fan dislike for certain players. I am not saying he is a great QB but he would be better liked by the fans if he abused a few animals.

In any case, outside of sports, he is very popular.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,509,057 times
how many tickets do you actually think he's going to sell? 500, maybe 1000? His team went 8-8 in Denver won luckily in OT, and then got raped in New England last year. Does anyone wonder why the Jags are the ONLY team left that is interested at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville