Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:11 PM

615 posts, read 1,713,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJaxMomma View Post
My younger (2 year old) son will also be going to preschool 2 or 3 days a week at either Palmer or Promisetown. Thanks again for the insight. Anyone have any information on either of those preschools (or any others we should consider!?). Thanks so much in advance and I look forward to meeting you!
My younger daughter goes to Promisetown - this is her 3rd year there and we love it! It's has a very small, "church" feel to it where everyone knows you and knows your kids by name. I also like the location since I can drop my older daughter off at PVPV and then younger daughter at preschool. I hear great things about Palmer - obviously it's Catholic, if you prefer that, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Another thing to keep in mind for down the road - Florida has a free PreK program for all 4 year olds. Several schools (including Promisetown, Palmer, Crosswater, Accotink...) offer the program. Since existing students have priority for PreK enrollment, that might be something to consider when picking a school for your son now.

I grew up outside Atlanta - a bit of a change moving here, but I think you'll love it! Message me if you have any questions and I'll be glad to try to help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 06:04 AM

117 posts, read 246,239 times
We moved into Willowcove a month ago and love it! My children ride the bus to PVPV Rawlings and the driver is wonderful! He knows all the children and looks for a parent when each child gets off the bus. There were 28 children on our stop - so they are not alone! This was their first time riding a bus - and I was nervous to say the least - but they are doing so well! Good luck with your move!

Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 PM

60 posts, read 105,001 times
Thanks everyone. Very helpful. We are getting a house built, so we won't be moving to Nocatee till October or so. I am glad to hear a lot of parents are happy with PVPV/Rawlings. I also have a 2-year old who currently attends a daycare/preschool for about 3 hours each day. Does anyone know a school that offers a part-time program near Rawlings elementary?

Old 02-14-2013, 01:11 PM

615 posts, read 1,713,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellokitty4 View Post
Thanks everyone. Very helpful. We are getting a house built, so we won't be moving to Nocatee till October or so. I am glad to hear a lot of parents are happy with PVPV/Rawlings. I also have a 2-year old who currently attends a daycare/preschool for about 3 hours each day. Does anyone know a school that offers a part-time program near Rawlings elementary?

There are several preschools in the area - most (but not all) are associated with churches. You can check out Palmer Preschool (associated with Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church and Palmer School), Crosswater (pretty much in Nocatee), Accotink, Christ Church in Ponte Vedra Beach, Promistown Preschool at Ponte Vedra Presbyterian Church (my daughter goes here...see post above ). Those are the ones that come to mind that are close to PVPV Rawlings. All of them offer some sort of part time, preschool program.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 PM

Thanks for the info on preschools. Will check them out.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 AM

64 posts, read 165,448 times
This was just published on tuesday, it looks like they have the initial designs of the new schools complete.

Design for Durbin Creek, Nocatee schools unveiled | StAugustine.com

Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 AM

53 posts, read 113,434 times
Thanks for sharing ! I'm glad to hear they are starting !

Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 PM

60 posts, read 188,965 times
Our youngest goes to Promisetown preschool at PVPC (the presbyterian church on Palm Valley), and we love it. I really wanted to find a homey, loving preschool for her, and we definitely found it there. Marleen is the director and she is so wonderful, she cares so much about the kids and it is just a wonderful atmosphere for her to feel at home, and she really loves school. They have 2 and 3 and 5 day programs, so you can choose how much you want them to go to school. They do have classes for the younger ones (I think they start at 2 but I'm not for sure), and they just this year started the (free) VPK program, which is nice, as we finally have 1 year with no school expenses!

Our older 3 have all gone to PVPV/Rawlings (oldest is now in his first year at Landrum), and we have been very happy. I definitely understand your concerns about how far away the schools are from Nocatee, but honestly, it has just never been an issue, the kids love being with their friends (and there are tons of kids in Coastal oaks, we have our own bus stop at the end of our street), and they love sitting on the bus with their friends, the driver is great, he gets to know the kids and makes sure they are safe. The kindergarters sit in the front and there are just so many of them, they really enjoy it!

I'm happy to answer any more questions you may have, feel free to send me a direct message.

Lisa with 4 kids and a dog

Old 02-21-2013, 01:59 PM

Lisa, thanks so much for your input. It's so good to hear from other moms. Things don't seem as bad as I expected.

Take care!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:25 PM

7 posts, read 15,403 times
Default Coastal Oaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellokitty4 View Post
Hi,

My husband and I are thinking about moving to Nocatee (Coastal Oaks) this fall. We have two young children, and my daughter will start kindergarten this year. Rawlings elementary school seems quite far to me. Does anyone know how long it will take to drive there and drop off kids in the morning?

Thanks,
The following has happened to my home: 1) Cant find HOI coverage for my home or can my lender. I have no HOI coverage since St Johns dropped me in 1/13 2) A few of the 30 year roof shingles that were installed have buckled and delaminated then blew off the roof a few weeks ago. 5) Fixtures inside the home are rusting. 6) Rust is bleeding through the exterior stucco walls 7) Most all of the exterior stucco is now severly cracked and delaminating. 8) While in bed early one morning a few weeks ago when we had the hard freeze my wife and I heard a loud cracking noise. It was to dark it investigate. When we woke up I walked over to the wall in our bay window inside my bedroom (where the noise came from) and found a large three foot crack in the dry wall wide enough to slide a credit card through. We also noticed that a few of the dry wall studs have poped. If thats not enough I discovered a number of homes in my neighborhood where the stucco is not just delaminating and cracking but exterior walls are crumbling!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville