Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 11:43 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,736,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karena View Post
Are there any integrated neighborhoods in St. Augustine? If so, where are they?
St. Augustine has a 15% black population. With the exception of Washingtonville in the city district and the West King St. areas, blacks are pretty much dispersed thoughout St. Johns County. To the extent that they are spread out within the county and not concentrated in certain areas you can say that blacks are integrated within the larger white population.

My hunch, though, is that those African Americans who move to St. Johns County are looking first and foremost for safe neighborhoods and better schools for their children. Having said that, there are some African Americans who might place a higher priority on racial diversity and for that reason they would prefer to live in a county where there is a higher black population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 03:13 PM

13 posts, read 31,024 times
Default How The Times Have Change

Oh, how I long for days of old. Sunday church Two parent households, people with morals, caring for their neighbors, community and themselves. I am 48 yrs old black female human being. Look around what do I see neighborhoods in decline, businesses leaving the area. I have to for miles to get a tank of gas, or to shop. Why is this. There will be some who dislike what I say but its what I see. Do you remember when a young would get pregant, she would dissappear then reappear later and a new baby would appear in that family. No one spoke of what had happened, but the adults knew. I remember going to school and all kids wearing clothes that were appropriate. No pants pulled down showing their rear ends. Hey I am cool with the fashion trends remember bell bottoms and the mini skirt. I did those but appropriately. We didn't offend anyone. When I was pregnant and married at the age of 24. I wore appropriately maternity clothes. All pregnant women did. Now there are children pregnant walking around with their stomach out. Dressed in their reg. smaller clothes. People don't care. Oh! sure we all say we care but we don't care. Fear is a big part of our lives now. Crime, not just in the inner city, but everywhere children missing. Women being kidnapped and killed. What has happened to our world, to our cities and rural areas. Oh how I missed summer days when we played outside until it was too hot and then we would sit under the trees in the shade, until it cooled down. Kick ball in the street. Remember shouting Car! when a car would approach and we all scattered to get out the street and when the car passed we would resume our game. I remember sitting in our driveway with my friends with our dolls and having a good time. the other day my 4 years old daughter came home saying my friends at school said they have boyfriends the are 4 yrs old babies. I asked the teacher what was going that they could have these conversations, but then I asked my baby what is a boyfriend she didn't know. I have to remember she is the last child at home our three. She is like a only child. Other kids may have sibilling or parents who exhibit the behavior of having boyfriends/girlfriends. Remember I stated 2 parent households. I am single parent I do double the work. Two sons are in college. I was on food stamps once. Not to beat the system but to get an leg up, once up I was off it. I only needed it for six months, That was it. I have taken care of my family for 25 yrs. My ex husband chose not to support his two sons. I talk to my children about moral, self esteem, education. There has never been a day that I haven't told my children that I love them We hug and cheek kisses all the time. How to listen to their self consious. And most important to thank God for his blessings. To treat others as they want to be treated. I thank God my sons are good law abiding young men. I drove them to school everyday I told them daily that they were great young men. and the sky is the limit. One reads everything related to history hasn't decided on a major. The oldest pre-med. I was so hard. I have been working 2 jobs since 1997. It can be done a lot of praying staying on budget. Setting boundaries, making my son accountable for themselves. limiting television. I remember our first computer took me a while to save up for it. Putting my kids first. People don't have good work ethics. Let's get our selves back on track.
Times can change but lets not forget the things that matter most.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:49 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,502,391 times
Sounds like you've done the right thing all your life, unque43. God bless you and your family!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:03 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unque43 View Post
Oh, how I long for days of old. Sunday church Two parent households, people with morals, caring for their neighbors, community and themselves. I am 48 yrs old black female human being. Look around what do I see neighborhoods in decline, businesses leaving the area. I have to for miles to get a tank of gas, or to shop. Why is this. There will be some who dislike what I say but its what I see. Do you remember when a young would get pregant, she would dissappear then reappear later and a new baby would appear in that family. No one spoke of what had happened, but the adults knew. I remember going to school and all kids wearing clothes that were appropriate. No pants pulled down showing their rear ends. Hey I am cool with the fashion trends remember bell bottoms and the mini skirt. I did those but appropriately. We didn't offend anyone. When I was pregnant and married at the age of 24. I wore appropriately maternity clothes. All pregnant women did. Now there are children pregnant walking around with their stomach out. Dressed in their reg. smaller clothes. People don't care. Oh! sure we all say we care but we don't care. Fear is a big part of our lives now. Crime, not just in the inner city, but everywhere children missing. Women being kidnapped and killed. What has happened to our world, to our cities and rural areas. Oh how I missed summer days when we played outside until it was too hot and then we would sit under the trees in the shade, until it cooled down. Kick ball in the street. Remember shouting Car! when a car would approach and we all scattered to get out the street and when the car passed we would resume our game. I remember sitting in our driveway with my friends with our dolls and having a good time. the other day my 4 years old daughter came home saying my friends at school said they have boyfriends the are 4 yrs old babies. I asked the teacher what was going that they could have these conversations, but then I asked my baby what is a boyfriend she didn't know. I have to remember she is the last child at home our three. She is like a only child. Other kids may have sibilling or parents who exhibit the behavior of having boyfriends/girlfriends. Remember I stated 2 parent households. I am single parent I do double the work. Two sons are in college. I was on food stamps once. Not to beat the system but to get an leg up, once up I was off it. I only needed it for six months, That was it. I have taken care of my family for 25 yrs. My ex husband chose not to support his two sons. I talk to my children about moral, self esteem, education. There has never been a day that I haven't told my children that I love them We hug and cheek kisses all the time. How to listen to their self consious. And most important to thank God for his blessings. To treat others as they want to be treated. I thank God my sons are good law abiding young men. I drove them to school everyday I told them daily that they were great young men. and the sky is the limit. One reads everything related to history hasn't decided on a major. The oldest pre-med. I was so hard. I have been working 2 jobs since 1997. It can be done a lot of praying staying on budget. Setting boundaries, making my son accountable for themselves. limiting television. I remember our first computer took me a while to save up for it. Putting my kids first. People don't have good work ethics. Let's get our selves back on track.
You did a fine job mama. Love this post

Old 12-02-2013, 03:48 PM

21 posts, read 37,211 times
Default Blacks in Jacksonville

The violent crime rate is going up and it's mainly because of Black thugs. I wish the good and decent Blacks here would step up and do something other than keep their heads in the sand. Crime costs every taxpayer lots of money.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:57 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelotusa View Post
The violent crime rate is going up and it's mainly because of Black thugs. I wish the good and decent Blacks here would step up and do something other than keep their heads in the sand. Crime costs every taxpayer lots of money.
Hey Mr Angry White Guy....You mentioned GOOD & Decent black people, but you didnt say RICH & Powerful Black people. The Rich & Powerful would be the only ones in a position to "step up" to help thugs not be thugs. Plus you are barking up the wrong tree. This Jacksonville forum has only about 3 or 4 black users. Did you NOT see all the Nocatee threads? details man....details.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:01 PM

I live on the Southsode and never saw so many blacks in my life. Stats say they are 13% of Jax but I think it's more like 30%.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:15 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unque43 View Post
When you wish upon a star..
Makes no difference who you are....

I used to watch Disney movies when I was younger.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:29 AM

Sure seems like it.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:56 PM

Simple: Most have nothing to do, so they make babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville