Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 06:18 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
This team isn't going anywhere with this horrendous offensive line. Blake was awful yesterday (end over end footballs.....REALLY???) but he had no time in the pocket and without Fournette to keep teams honest this is going to be played out again and again. The word is out in the NFL - blitz and pressure Bortles and good things will happen.
Except that Yeldon was running the ball really well against KC. We inexplicably went away from it too early (although to be fair we were playing from behind almost out the gates). I'm not saying a healthy Fournette wouldn't have helped, but pointing out that running Yeldon more would have taken the pressure off Bortles. In fact, Yeldon's game yesterday was far and away better than anything Fournette had produced this season (over 5 yds/carry and lots of critical receiving yards)

Quote:
Corey Grant and Seferian-Jenkins gone for the year too. This is shaping up to be an injury-riddled season.
The injuries sure do suck. Fwiw, ASJ is going on IR eligible to return, so he could be back to help us push into the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 07:19 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
He was running the ball well; however, the Chiefs were blitzing off of the edges to put pressure on Bortles. They were fine giving up chunk 7 yard gains as long as the clock kept running. If the game was close I suspect their defense would have been vastly different and probably more bottled up on the line.

Looks like the Jags signed this Williams kid off of the Broncos practice squad. Has Fournette's size.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/...e-running-back

Old 10-09-2018, 07:42 AM

1,560 posts, read 2,151,703 times
Here we go, Jags searching through the scrapheap. They’re working out Jamaal Charles (31 yrs old) this week.

Why the hell not at this point...

Edit: also working out former Chief Charcandrick West. I know they passed on Orleans Darkwa. I think they’ll bring in Mike Gillislee as well.

Last edited by Ivan Putski; 10-09-2018 at 07:52 AM..

Old 10-09-2018, 08:05 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Gillislee should be good. But Patriots have already contacted his agent so we'll see. Don't know what's wrong with Darkwa, perhaps he hasn't fully recovered from his injury but no one wants to say so publicly? I mean, he seems to be at least better than most backups based on his production last year.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:01 AM

Patriots just signed another back so I assume Gillislee is still out there. Honestly, with respect to RBs I'd almost rather see a practice squad kid like this come in with minimal wear and tear on his body vs. some veteran who is one hard hit away from retirement. We really only need backup depth at this point, not someone who's going to come in and get 15-20 carries per game who can spell Yeldon, not turn the ball over and provide a little spark here and there. I think the team's bigger concern is left tackle. No word yet on what's going on there.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:27 AM

I’m sure they’ll consider Ereck Flowers who was just released by the Giants this morning. Both Coughlin and Flaherty coached him so it’ll be telling if they don’t sign him (should someone not claim him before Jags do).

He’s awful so don’t expect much if he does get signed.

From Rotoworld: “The Giants were attempting to trade Flowers, but that was never going to happen in part because he is still owed $2.4 million guaranteed this season. That contract also makes it unlikely he is claimed off waivers. It is likely some team takes a chance on the former No. 9 overall pick once he becomes a free agent, but there is little reason to believe Flowers will develop into a quality NFL tackle.”

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...A:topheadlines

Old 10-09-2018, 12:44 PM

Jamaal Charles signed........hmmmm. He did average 4.28 yds per carry last year, but my goodness, I can't imagine he has much left in the tank.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Jamaal Charles signed........hmmmm. He did average 4.28 yds per carry last year, but my goodness, I can't imagine he has much left in the tank.
Definitely running on fumes but hopefully he's had plenty of rest since the 2015 ACL injury and can pull off a Marshawn Lynch-like return from retirement. Can only hope.

Career carries (active players):

Jamaal Charles: 1400 carries
Adrian Peterson: 2600+ carries
Marshawn Lynch: 2400+ carries
Lesean McCoy: 2200+ carries
Jonathan Stewart: 1700+ carries

Last edited by Ivan Putski; 10-09-2018 at 01:27 PM..

Old 10-09-2018, 05:09 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,804 times
I always thought that Mike Gillislee was an underrated, underutilized back during his time at Florida. The fact that he keeps finding spots to land in the NFL tells me that this is probably true. He would be a nice acquisition for the Jaguars if they can bring him in, IMO.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
I always thought that Mike Gillislee was an underrated, underutilized back during his time at Florida. The fact that he keeps finding spots to land in the NFL tells me that this is probably true. He would be a nice acquisition for the Jaguars if they can bring him in, IMO.
I think his issue is pass catching. And probably why the Jags would shy away from him. With their short passing offense, RBs need to be able to catch the ball in the Jags offense and he's not known as a pass catcher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville