Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 07:10 AM

15 posts, read 25,180 times

Advertisements

Trying to find out if anyone is familiar with this community? We walked in a home being built by David Weekly yesterday and we were very impressed with the product and the price.
David Weekly is building a few inventory homes with pretty good incentives. Does anyone know if this community is zoned for the new school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 08:29 AM

77 posts, read 237,943 times
ftp://ftp.bocc.co.st-johns.fl.us/gis..._School_II.pdf

This map indicates that Lakeshore won't be going to the new K-8. I'm guessing they will be at Ocean Palms. The Nocatee Communities going to the K-8 "II" school are Greenleaf, Austin Park, and Willowcove.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:11 AM

196 posts, read 427,791 times
That is correct. Lakeside is Ocean Palms and Landrum Middle for next year. As Nocatee continues to grow, more schools will be built and eventually that community will get rezoned to a Nocatee school, but that is a few years off for sure. We have friends that live in Lakeside with a rising second grader and rising kindergartener. My daughter is in their daughter's class and the girls are very sad they are going to be split up next year. It is certainly a community that is growing fast. I would definitely pick DW over Lennar as a builder!

Old 02-10-2014, 09:26 AM

That's a bummer, would love to have the option of the new community school but I believe the other school is considered a good school as well.
We are definitely looking at DW as the builder. Is the Lakeside Community child friendly? I would assume so.. We have two elementary aged boys that love to play out doors. We moved to Jacksonville from Va 18months ago. We are now ready to purchase a home and we really like the looks of Nocatee. It doesn't seem like Lakside is too far from the amenity center and it's right behind Publix.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:25 AM

74 posts, read 135,817 times
I would be interested in knowing about Nocatee communities as well. We are looking into a move from northern VA and we have 3 boys who love playing outside.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:22 PM

Halfway, one thing to think about Lakeside RIGHT NOW is that it is a total construction zone so not too child friendly at the moment. Our friends that live there are hopeful that will change, but as of right now they feel that everyone pretty much keeps to themselves...which makes them sad! Also, for some reason, unlike all the other Nocatee communities, they have not allowed for any "green" space in the community. All the other neighborhoods in Nocatee have little parks, etc which is awesome for the kiddos, but currently Lakeside does not have one (unless you count the little dock area) - perhaps one is coming, but it certainly is not there yet. Again, as of today, our friends that live there are definitely second guessing their choice, however, they are very hopeful that as things become more developed that things will get better and they will learn to love their neighborhood!

Old 04-23-2014, 08:27 AM

3 posts, read 7,950 times
Have there been any complaints/building issues with Lennar homes in Lakeside?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 AM

YES!!! My friends built with Lennar and it has been a total nightmare! One unresolved issue after another! And they say that everyone they met that lives there feels the same way...the joke about it being one big "depression" community! They feel like they were deceived by the builder and in general are not happy there. They try to remain hopeful that once the community is more established it will have a better feel, but they have been there since September and are still struggling to find the positives!

Old 04-23-2014, 06:30 PM

We just moved into our new home in Lakeside and we love it! We purchased a David Weekly Home and have been more than pleased with their product along with the customer service. I haven't had a chance to meet anyone else in the community.
Both of my soon to be neighbors also purchased through DW and seem to be pleased with the building process so far.
Sorry, I really can't comment on Lennar.

Last edited by Halfway; 04-23-2014 at 07:23 PM..

Old 12-03-2015, 08:45 AM

3 posts, read 2,920 times
Halfway, any update on living in Lakeside? We're highly considering the neighborhood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville