Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:19 AM

4 posts, read 7,406 times

Advertisements

Our family is planning on relocating to the St. Augustine area from New England this summer. I understand everyone has their own opinion as far as areas go but I would appreciate suggestions and opinions on possibly a few apartment complexes that are affordable or possibly a real estate agent that may be able to suggest apartments in private homes. I will be needing a 3 bedroom in the price range of around $700-$850/mo./pet friendly. My daughter is looking for a house to rent, 3-4 bedrooms/2 baths and a fenced yard that will allow a dog, price range about $1000. We are planning on making the move the end of July-first part of August. Also, how are the schools and jobs in the area? Is the area a diverse, accepting community as we are a family of mixed races? I have 2 grandchildren that will be juniors in high school. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions that anyone has.

Last edited by MALady.10; 02-28-2015 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: Forgot to include something important
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 10:24 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,340,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MALady.10 View Post
Our family is planning on relocating to the St. Augustine area from New England this summer. I understand everyone has their own opinion as far as areas go but I would appreciate suggestions and opinions on possibly a few apartment complexes that are affordable or possibly a real estate agent that may be able to suggest apartments in private homes. I will be needing a 3 bedroom in the price range of around $700-$850/mo./pet friendly. My daughter is looking for a house to rent, 3-4 bedrooms/2 baths and a fenced yard that will allow a dog, price range about $1000. We are planning on making the move the end of July-first part of August. Also, how are the schools and jobs in the area? Is the area a diverse, accepting community as we are a family of mixed races? I have 2 grandchildren that will be juniors in high school. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions that anyone has.
IMO ... You're not budgeting enough for rent, nor is your daughter for a decent area to live in.
The area is pretty diverse and accepting.
The St Johns county school system is ranked #1 in the state of Florida.
Peter the Brit is a member of C-D on this forum and sells/manages Real Estate in St Augustine/St Johns county. DM him if interested.
Pet friendly is hard to find, depending on breed of dog.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:40 AM

Thank you judeK, I appreciate your suggestions. I will take that all into consideration. Would Palm Coast be a better option for us ?

Old 02-28-2015, 01:35 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Jude thanks for the recommendation. I did receive a pm from Malady but thought a public response would help others
Agree 100% with you
Because the word is out we have great schools and healthcare we are becoming a more popular place for relocation and with that prices including rentals are going up fast
You will not find a 3 bedroom in the price range of around $700-$850/mo and should allow at least $1200 pcm to get into a decent area
Sadly July-August is when the students are coming down looking for rentals so you will have competition.
I seriously think that you should think long and hard

Old 02-28-2015, 03:31 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
You could always just stay in the Jacksonville Suburbs like Mandarin, San Marco, Riverside, Springfield which are more mature neighborhoods that are diverse but you would have to still raise your budget.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:34 PM

Thank you for your response Peter and Fl1150, I will take it all into consideration.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
You could always just stay in the Jacksonville Suburbs like Mandarin, San Marco, Riverside, Springfield which are more mature neighborhoods that are diverse but you would have to still raise your budget.
Thank you for your response Peter and Fl1150, I will take it all into consideration.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:05 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,340,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MALady.10 View Post
Thank you judeK, I appreciate your suggestions. I will take that all into consideration. Would Palm Coast be a better option for us ?
I personally wouldn't live in Palm Coast, even if I was given a free home there to live in. I don't like huge cookie cutter neighborhoods with abysmal HOA's running peoples lives. You on the other hand may like Palm Coast. I also like being able to walk the 100 yards from my front door to the beach, which you can't do in Palm Coast as far as I know. (unless you're in a million dollar+ oceanfront house/condo)

Old 02-28-2015, 05:21 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,635,679 times
also rents are high there as well as many retirees there

Old 03-03-2015, 02:16 PM

227 posts, read 283,493 times
Why so many PMs? I'm interested in hearing more about this area regarding rent, schools, community, etc. from Flagler to Jacksonville. As a young couple, we are considering a move to that area, but have no idea what we should budget or look out for. No kids yet, just careers. What's a good salary in that area compared to New England? Come, locals, help us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville