Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:09 PM

109 posts, read 306,693 times

Advertisements

Any personal feedback on this development?
Location seems great and currently closing out existing inventory.
Any positive or negative comments from established residents about this development would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 07:35 PM

147 posts, read 559,352 times
I heard someone say offhand that these condos have had some mold issues...bear in mind that I did not see the mold, nor do I know anyone who lives in or owns one of those units. I'd ask though before I made an offer, if it's true the sellers must disclose this info. Good luck

Old 05-23-2008, 09:16 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellson View Post
I heard someone say offhand that these condos have had some mold issues...bear in mind that I did not see the mold, nor do I know anyone who lives in or owns one of those units. I'd ask though before I made an offer, if it's true the sellers must disclose this info. Good luck
I remember seeing that in the news a while back, here's an article about Esplanade and they mention it here as well, sounds like it's been addressed:

Jacksonville.com

It's a hard image to shake though, remember when the homes in James Island were found to have mold? Something about the windows being improperly installed. The houses might be fine now, but people remember those things .

Old 05-24-2008, 05:26 AM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,847 times
I thought the auction was last weekend? Maybe its this weekend. Went over to take a look about 3 weeks ago and they were VERY nice, I thought. If I had some extra cash and a student at UNF I'd buy one for them to live in. Nice pool, rec area, great location. I think there are older people living there for the most part which would make it quiet, too. The price sure is right. There's one with a stellar view of the back green area, just seeing the tops of pine trees. I think its the fourth floor unit. There's another nice one overlooking the pool which may be noisy, and the largest unit for sale who's drawback is that it looks over the parking garage.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:51 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
am I the only one who thinks that living adjacent to a major regional shopping center is not really a good location?

Old 05-24-2008, 03:39 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
I think it would be cool if one liked to shop and dine close to home. Mizner Park in Boca is like that and has been very successful.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I think it would be cool if one liked to shop and dine close to home. Mizner Park in Boca is like that and has been very successful.
I guess if you can put up with all the people, traffic, noise and pollution it is convienient, If I wanted that I would've moved to NYC, it's got all that but the weather

Old 05-24-2008, 09:47 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
am I the only one who thinks that living adjacent to a major regional shopping center is not really a good location?
I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's not for me personally, but I bet it's desirable to buyers in a lot of ways.

For one, it's a destination. It may not be everyone's top choice for a destination, but a destination nonetheless. If you say "at the SJTC", everyone will know where that is, and that's worth something.

For another, unless something goes drastically wrong, the surrounds should continue to be well-manicured and maintained. So there will be some stability in the appearance of what surrounds the condos.

Right now, it's early on, but there are plans to have some events at the SJTC. I'd have to check the details again, but I believe there are plans for an art show this year. So, once things are fully up and running, the SJTC could have art shows, car shows, etc., going on throughout the year which again reinforces that "destination" benefit.

So, I can see the appeal for some people.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:07 AM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,847 times
Yes, especially nice for retirees who don't just want to either sit in their house or drive somewhere. Here they can walk over to Starbucks or whatever. Kind of like people who retire and move to a city to be able to WALK.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt View Post
Yes, especially nice for retirees who don't just want to either sit in their house or drive somewhere. Here they can walk over to Starbucks or whatever. Kind of like people who retire and move to a city to be able to WALK.
yeah, ya gotta dig those beautiful parking lots, what a nice place to stroll.
I'm sorry but I just can't see living how living next to a huge shopping center with it's acres of pavement, the prison style floodlights, the masses of people and the traffic and garbage they bring, the smells from the various restaurants can seem to be attractive, as for walks, the beach suits me fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville