Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 05:13 PM

13 posts, read 74,928 times

Advertisements

Eliza2621 I saw your post, I am considering a relocation to Jax Beach area. Over 20 yrs ago, I was there for about 6mts, I liked it alot. I stayed about 3-4 blocks from the beach and a neighbor & I walked our dogs to the beach every morning. I know its probably changed a lot since then. I'm wondering if you know of any links or sites I could look at to get a feel of the area now. I am planning to move in two years. Ideally, I would like to rent a beach type cottage (who doesn't). Or somewhere within walking distance to the beach. tia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 01:10 AM

4 posts, read 4,242 times
This is great news to hear. I just moved to Asheville NC from NY and I cant stand it here. people here are snobs and there are so many hippie self righteous kids here who think their **** don't stink. I've been here six weeks and cant wait to get out of this boring dead end racist state. I was looking for a warm climate but need a job in my field of social work. I am desperate and was even planning on going to Minnesota. I like warm weather now as I am getting older but the humidity in Miami would drive me nuts. A friend mentioned Jacksonville and said its a place hard to explain - he said it like a heaven place for air quality and overall climate. That's what I'm talking about. I am driving there this week and look for an apartment. Thanks for all your comments!

Old 10-12-2015, 03:52 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,153,660 times
I love this city but not sure if I'd consider it heaven for air quality. I guess it's all relative.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:52 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,787,563 times
I saw an article that the "first coast" from Amelia to Daytona, is best place in US for asthma sufferers.

I think they mean on / near the water.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:02 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,787,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieny View Post
This is great news to hear. I just moved to Asheville NC from NY and I cant stand it here. people here are snobs and there are so many hippie self righteous kids here who think their **** don't stink. I've been here six weeks and cant wait to get out of this boring dead end racist state. I was looking for a warm climate but need a job in my field of social work. I am desperate and was even planning on going to Minnesota. I like warm weather now as I am getting older but the humidity in Miami would drive me nuts. A friend mentioned Jacksonville and said its a place hard to explain - he said it like a heaven place for air quality and overall climate. That's what I'm talking about. I am driving there this week and look for an apartment. Thanks for all your comments!
I don't think you'll see that hippie thing much in Jax area.

Warm is good

Old 10-18-2015, 10:54 AM

5 posts, read 7,460 times
I have to agree with the positive comments. I made a trip to Jacksonville and I was impressed with the locations I had chosen. I think the prices are more than, what I'm willing to spend, but I like what I like. The only reason I'm not moving now is b/c, I don't want to take my son out of school in the middle of the year.

Old 10-18-2015, 11:46 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Asheville is waaaay better than Jacksonville.

Asheville people are waaay nicer. Drive better. The scenery is WAAAAY better. More culture, more restaurants, beer city, everything. People dont move from Asheville TO Jacksonville, they move from Jacksonville TO Asheville...

Oh wait.............. you're from NY!!!!!! Yes, FL is FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! You will love it!

Hey guys, Asheville sucks. Dont move there ok?

Old 10-19-2015, 07:49 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Asheville is waaaay better than Jacksonville.

Asheville people are waaay nicer. Drive better. The scenery is WAAAAY better. More culture, more restaurants, beer city, everything. People dont move from Asheville TO Jacksonville, they move from Jacksonville TO Asheville...

Oh wait.............. you're from NY!!!!!! Yes, FL is FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! You will love it!

Hey guys, Asheville sucks. Dont move there ok?
I seeeeee what yooooouuuuuu did there!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2015, 08:09 AM

8,938 posts, read 20,362,856 times
NO, there not! There are pluses to living in Jacksonville and vicinity AND there are minuses as well. Have already stated how much the population has grown, which means MORE crime and traffic since we moved here in 2009. However, there are definitely worse places in the U.S. to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza2621 View Post
DO IT! I relocated by car from California with my three kiddies (awesome road trip). These forums were so helpful when I was trying to make a final decision whether to move or not. Northside, Southside, Westside, Beaches.., ugh I was so confused and everyone had differing opinions. I was worried about bugs, namely flying roaches, and I can reassure you that bugs are not a huge issue.

I decided on the Jax beach area, although I work at St Vincent's in Riverside. I feel safe, free, and extremely welcomed by my community. People have been so friendly and helpful, I feel I can relax for the first time ever in my life. This was a fantastic decision for us thus far, and heres to that continuing.
I have a sneaking suspicion that tje negative posts are meant to scare people away so residents can keep this gorgeous place to themselves!

Old 10-19-2015, 02:18 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
I wouldnt categorize Jax as necessarily "gorgeous" either. It's decent, I like Jax overall. But gorgeous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville