Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 02:41 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by judeK View Post
I'd take Hendersonville, NC. over Asheville any day.

Hendersonville's very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Asheville IS Florida, it's not that great. But the rest of NC is pretty good.

Dude, Asheville is NOTHING like FL. Nothing.

I love Asheville. If it reminded me of being exactly like FL, I wouldn't like it as much.

We usually agree on things, but I can guarantee you nobody in Asheville thinks FL is just like Asheville. Other than (perhaps) some traffic issues (due to its popularity). But the scenery is COMPLETELY different, the people are different, the vibe is different, etc.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:59 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,427,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Dude, Asheville is NOTHING like FL. Nothing.

I love Asheville. If it reminded me of being exactly like FL, I wouldn't like it as much.

We usually agree on things, but I can guarantee you nobody in Asheville thinks FL is just like Asheville. Other than (perhaps) some traffic issues (due to its popularity). But the scenery is COMPLETELY different, the people are different, the vibe is different, etc.
You might have missed it, but I'll quote my most recent post in the 'Florida is crazy' thread, which was a response to your post.

Quote:
We usually agree on most things, but no...I won't be making it back to Asheville. Way too small, too many tourists, run down areas, confusing roads...it reminded me of Florida 100 percent. And the mountains are nothing, maybe someone would be impressed by them if they have never been to/lived on the West coast. Didn't really think the city was eclectic or artsy at all. People were friendly, but I hated that hippy vibe...and what architecture? Asheville is a hell-hole as far as I'm concerned.

Raleigh is a great city, and I'm glad to live there. Truly a gem.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
You might have missed it, but I'll quote my most recent post in the 'Florida is crazy' thread, which was a response to your post.

You're definitely in the minority then. Nothing wrong with that. But Asheville is nothing like FL, lol. Asheville is often compared to places like mini-Seattle, Portland, SanFran, Austin TX, etc ... but not FL. If Asheville was just like FL, I dont think 1/4 of AVL's population would be made up of Floridians lol. They moved to AVL to get away from what FL is like.

Sure there are lots of tourists, its a popular spot. Traffic can be bad, but not by FL terms.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:06 PM

2,508 posts, read 1,849,653 times
Asheville is kind of like a mountain version of Savannah. Both cities are also roughly the same size.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:26 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,091,911 times
Quote:
That's quite alright, most of us rednecky north Floridians think the southern part of the state feels more like a third world Caribbean island than a part of the US mainland.
Come on up and visit the real Florida, and experience it for yourself !!!
Each to their own. I was not being negative in my post but you took it there. Most of population lives in central and south Florida. The northern part has more 3rd world similarities. All these trailers and rural poverty. I have been to camp way up there, high springs Florida and have been in fort Walton beach in the panhandle.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:56 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,340,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Each to their own. I was not being negative in my post but you took it there. Most of population lives in central and south Florida. The northern part has more 3rd world similarities. All these trailers and rural poverty. I have been to camp way up there, high springs Florida and have been in fort Walton beach in the panhandle.
Ahhh another south Floridian without a sense of humor, how sad it must be down there!

Old 10-27-2015, 04:21 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,091,911 times
Default Tampa to be correct

Quote:
Ahhh another south Floridian without a sense of humor, how sad it must be down there!
Tampa and I did laugh..

Old 10-28-2015, 12:34 PM

4 posts, read 4,253 times
Can we get to the positives of moving to Jax? This Ashville vs. the world bit is getting old.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:15 PM

8,956 posts, read 20,382,577 times
The "positives" about Jax? Some folks would have to think a little hard about that, while others wouldn't live anywhere else. We've been Living here for six years now and it's "ok", but really not much to "write home to mom about". Traffic just seems to be getting worse and worse, but with a new Mayor and Sheriff, the crime seems to be getting less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville