Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 11:10 PM

20 posts, read 27,315 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me which is worse Oklahoma in the summer, or Florida?

Oklahoma is nearly unbearable, but I would think that since Florida is a coastal state that it would help a little bit. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also. If anyone has moved from OK to FL can you please tell me who much you like / hate it there, and also what large cities are better / worse and why?

Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 05:53 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
Florida is a huge state and temps can vary dramatically between north/south and inland/coastal. Whereabouts are you considering moving to in FL?

Old 04-19-2017, 05:38 PM

Ah. I am looking @ Jacksonville to get started, but would like to make my way further south.

I didn't realize how North Jacksonville is!

But ya. Jacksonville to get established, and once established I would like to venture south and find a job / better spot to live in.

I have done very little research, and from my experience the internet doesn't really provide a ground zero view of what its truly like to be some where.

I am very nervous about the crime (aka getting shot in the face) because the little research that I have done I have read that people get shot basically daily, hourly, every 47.62 seconds someone gets shot in the face in Florida.....

I am not really wanting to hit Disney even though Diagon Alley will be my 2nd home (dont judge me!).

I just want to surf, kiteboard, tan, scuba, maybe cavern dive, sail, watch boats, etc... and not die from humidity. Oklahoma has the worst humidity that I have ever experienced. Well to be honest it is the only humidity that I have ever experienced, and I hates it...

Oklahoma has unbearable heat / humidity generally every year. I average 3.5 gallons of water per day in the summer months, and that is also with 1 or 2 Coconut Waters. I am very serious about the water consumption.The winters suck, being without power 5-9 days due to an ice storm taking out the entire state because people do not get their tree trimmed, etc. Hail... Hail destroys cars parked @ work (think Helo orange sized ice balls hitting the earth like missiles). Doesn't snow, but you get black ice.... <-- I cant help venting, im sorry lol!

Old 04-20-2017, 07:18 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
I would look elsewhere if you don't like heat and humidity. Unless you live on or near the water to feel the ocean breeze, it can be pretty brutal here for at least half of the year.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:51 AM

410 posts, read 602,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidlife View Post
I just want to surf, kiteboard, tan, scuba, maybe cavern dive, sail, watch boats, etc... and not die from humidity.
If you are healthy enough to participate in all of these activities then you are not going to die from the humidity. Just move to Florida. Oklahoma is a boring fly over state. A fine place to visit, but that's it. Yeah, the humidity is high here in Northeast Florida for a few months, but I just got finished with a 5 mile run on my lunch break today (April 20th). Its 80 degrees and 55% humidity. I'm still alive and I'm just a middle-aged married guy way past his physical prime.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:58 PM

Ya.... I think I'm just going to make a trip out there in the middle of summer this year. Thank you for the post.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:01 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,412,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidlife View Post
Ya.... I think I'm just going to make a trip out there in the middle of summer this year. Thank you for the post.
Definitely do that. The humidity in FL is absolutely brutal. See if you can handle it.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:40 PM

27 posts, read 31,576 times
My husband and I moved to Jax from ND 3 years ago this August and we have adjusted to the heat and humidity. What we have found is the weather is perfect from October thru April. It starts getting hotter and more humid come May with the worst being June thru August with some or all of September thrown in. At least this is in the short time we have been here.

I lived in southwest part of Oklahoma for eight years and to me the weather seemed drier and a lot hotter. We really love living in Florida but I have met those who hated it but hey nothing ventured nothing gained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: