Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:16 AM

754 posts, read 2,815,439 times

Advertisements

The police are unsophisticated and out of control.

Hey, I've got a novel idea! Don't break the law, and you have nothing to worry about! I know, that's just crazy talk, huh?

Don't go to UNF and think about drinking or smoking in the dorm or doing anything that might cause the scary overweight UNF police to come get you.

See prior recommendation about breaking the law (which also applies to obeying the rules your dorm sets).

If you intend on breaking the law, then by all means, go to another school. No criminals are welcome here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 02:52 PM

233 posts, read 766,703 times
Jacksonville is a nice city, but it's so spread out, as others have said, but there are lots to do within 10-15 minutes of UNF as most of Jacksonville's nightclubs are on the Southside.

UNF also has an array of convenient shopping and dining choices nearby... there's the St. Johns Town Center, and the new Markets at Town Center scheduled to open soon. You have stores like Publix nearby to do your grocery shopping, or Target for your one-stop shopping, among a variety of clothing and specialty stores.

Last edited by RockSteadyVibe; 09-12-2008 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: had to add some more words

Old 09-12-2008, 03:06 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kistik2007 View Post
There is a possibility that I will be attending UNF... I have never been to Jacksonville. I have heard that it is not very safe. I know every city has its good and bad. What is the real deal with Jacksonville?? What is the cost of living? What is the nightlife like?
I would suggest that you schedule a campus tour so you could make an informed decision. That way, while you are in town, you can also check out the "real deal."

Old 09-15-2008, 01:13 PM

414 posts, read 1,862,843 times
Default Ya'll are crazy...I loved UNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
I would suggest that you schedule a campus tour so you could make an informed decision. That way, while you are in town, you can also check out the "real deal."
I agree, check out the school in a tour to make sure it's a good fit for you. I went to UNF for 4 years and graduated with my bachelor's. I moved to Jacksonville from a relatively small town so it was a big change for me. I think college life at UNF is what you make of it. I participated in many free activities including movies, potluck dinners, free catered dinners, concerts, fitness classes, intramurals, nature tours, etc. Yes, this is not as social of a college as some others in Florida, but there is plenty to do if you look for it and it's a great value. I lived in a traditional dry dorm my freshman year but moved to another apt-style dorm my sophomore and junior year where alcohol was allowed if you were 21. Yes, you may have to go off-campus for big parties, but most campuses are like that. We hung out in the dorms and just had a good time. Maybe if you're into heavy drinking and drugs then the dorms are not for you.

Shopping is great near campus with teh Town Center just minutes away. As far as off campus apartments go, I lived in the Mandarin area my senior year because it was close to my internship adn didn't have to go to campus much. A lot of my friends lived on campus freshman year adn then moved into rental homes with people they met. With the current real estate market, there are many rentals.

Hope this helps, but I loved UNF. I got married last fall and 2 of my closest roommates were in my wedding. I now work in Jacksonville in my degree field and have bought a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: