Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 12:47 PM

17 posts, read 19,486 times

Advertisements

Depends what your wanting to do and where in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 06:08 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I have a friend who runs a successful catering business in Lake City and despite the posts that could have been done by an 11 year old, can tell you that they're not accurate depictions of the city. Lake City is growing due to it's advantageous location as Florida's gateway city on I-75 and crossroads location (with I-10). The downtown is fairly active with some nice shops, restaurants and brewpubs. For a city of just over 20K it does fairly well for itself. The city has a history of a drug problem (mostly drug running due to it's location) and for a higher crime rate though that's been dropped a lot in the past several years to include numbers like 1 homicide, 22 robberies and 133 burglaries in all of 2018. Bear in mind as well the city's population triples through much of the day due to it's location. In terms of friendliness I have found it be quite friendly and welcoming of newcomers. There's a renewed pride in the city by many and you can feel that in the many independent businesses in town.
Weird how just a few years back you recommended someone to avoid Lake City, see post #3:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...-you-live.html

Hard to trust someone's opinion who has flip flopped this much, eh?

Old 11-30-2020, 09:06 AM

14 posts, read 11,240 times
Default Going to Lake City this December

Quote:
Originally Posted by meneedknow View Post
Depends what your wanting to do and where in the city.
We are actively looking for a home but want a feel for the area. Lake City seems to fit the bill for me.
What areas of the city should we avoid? Any reco's for restaurants and the like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: