Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:14 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times

Advertisements

So good to hear MaryAnn!

This forum has become so active and we have new people joining all the time, the advice just continues to get better and better, so glad everyone's advice paid off for you .

Welcome to Jax!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 10:59 AM

238 posts, read 782,546 times
i did not read the last page so i dont if this is still relevant but-- Do NOt let them rent at Melrose. its not safe nor that cheap for what you are getting. i have numerous horror stories about that place (first hand)- jmo

Old 06-18-2008, 05:29 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAI1229 View Post
Apanda.....I was seriousely thinking of Ponte Vedra. Oh the architecture alone lured me in! We'll see how the kids do in school. If they love it and do well...I'll start looking into one of the new developments and hope to jump in during the construction phase! Thanks!
lol thats how it starts
you come to visit and then the visits come closer then next thing you know your attending the Jax forum meet & greets

glad everything worked out well

wishing the kids a safe move

Old 06-18-2008, 06:11 PM

97 posts, read 404,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-VA-FL View Post
i did not read the last page so i dont if this is still relevant but-- Do NOt let them rent at Melrose. its not safe nor that cheap for what you are getting. i have numerous horror stories about that place (first hand)- jmo
Thank you for the heads up. Melrose was out of our budget (I believe the rent is $500 pp/2 person minimum) which would put the kids at $1000. We moved them into Bermuda Cove, 1bdr/1bathroom washer & dryer in the unit for $670 + utilities/month.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:05 AM

2 posts, read 3,304 times
HI,
I am looking to move from Long Island, NY, to anywhere from Jacksonville down to Daytona. I know, probably is big area! Maybe I hope you can help me make right decision! I know people in Palm Coast, that is all I know about Florida, it is ok area, but wondering about job opportunities. Main worry, I guess...wondering where best spot would be. I am a graphic designer for print and web, also personal trainer for aerobics, weights, yoga, and pilates. Will probably have to keep those two jobs to survive on my own! Probably leaving this marriage after 30 years, with 1 child left in college. Ok, so, there you go Oh, I am female. Would really like to be close to ocean, not necessary right on it, as I assume it is as expensive as up here, but, a very safe and middle class environment would be great. Provided there are jobs! Any ideas? Would really greatly appreciate. Thanks so much in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville