Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 06:20 PM

661 posts, read 866,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbee View Post
Ignore the hate mongers, they are the same folks who post hate all the time. They hate anyone with means, and most people that move to Florida from the north have plenty. Surprised CD keeps them, but then again. ......

St. Johns County is by far the best county in NW Florida to live, and we would argue North Florida. We prefer South of PV and Nocatee, as it is too built up there. Yes, it is conservative, but it is sensibly conservative. There is a reason that it is one of the richest counties in Florida, with the best Healthcare record and Top tier Schools. That BTW, those New Yorkers help contribute to and support. It is not cheap though, home prices in great areas are in demand and you get what you pay for.

No, we are not from NY, but we do have a lot of friends from there. We have been here for 15 years.
"Yes, it is conservative, but it is sensibly conservative."

How kind of you to put a almost nice spin on the county being conservative. Do you think its any coincidence why it has exploded over the last 15 years? And yeah it's built up up too much in PV and Nocatee, but your less built up neighborhood will soon be just as 'bad'. I am curious though what those new shops will be lining US1. If there's a pizza joint going in, I feel bad for the nasty reviews that will follow shortly after it opens. Who will be leaving those nasty reviews? I have a hunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2023, 06:25 AM

122 posts, read 260,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Isn't Jacksonville considered NE Florida?
Yes of course, but if you read the OP's post the interest was St. Johns, not Jax.

Old 02-27-2023, 07:58 AM

6,391 posts, read 4,896,864 times
Quote:
Yes of course, but if you read the OP's post the interest was St. Johns, not Jax.
Isn't St Johns county in NE Florida?

Old 02-27-2023, 04:39 PM

367 posts, read 303,662 times
Quote:
Yep. Socalbee has a problem with geography it looks like.

Old 02-28-2023, 06:30 AM

122 posts, read 260,435 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
Yep. Socalbee has a problem with geography it looks like.
Oh! So, the Title of this thread does not say "New Yorker Moving to St Johns County" I suppose?

Wait, yes it does, even in the FIRST line of the Brad1123's Post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads1123 View Post
Hi All,
NY'er here moving with my family to St Johns county.
Why don't you spend your time commenting constructively for the poster and less time looking reasons to berate other posters.

Last edited by socalbee; 02-28-2023 at 07:00 AM..

Old 02-28-2023, 08:12 AM

119 posts, read 117,623 times
arrogance is never a good look- everyone has an opinion, no one has the role of Grand Master or Grande Dame of the internet LOL - ah yes, freee-dom

Old 05-03-2023, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Oh! So, the Title of this thread does not say "New Yorker Moving to St Johns County" I suppose?

Wait, yes it does, even in the FIRST line of the Brad1123's Post.

Why don't you spend your time commenting constructively for the poster and less time looking reasons to berate other posters.
I wasn’t berating you. You erred. I called that out so the original poster knows that you posted misinformation.

It’s in this post here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/64929126-post79.html

Also, quoted here so you can see your own post:

Quote:
St. Johns County is by far the best county in NW Florida to live, and we would argue North Florida.
St Johns County is in NE Florida.

Berating you would be something like “oh he’s so stupid!”

Instead I stated “a problem with geography” which is accurate based on what you typed.

Old 05-03-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DovieHarding View Post
arrogance is never a good look- everyone has an opinion, no one has the role of Grand Master or Grande Dame of the internet LOL - ah yes, freee-dom
That’s a very good observation considering socalbee’s behavior and reaction around his failure to identify his own misinformation, even when questioned about it by Thundarr457.

Good call!

Old 05-03-2023, 06:25 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
You can follow the same advice that was given to me here in North Carolina. Always walk with a friend who is slower than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville