Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:35 PM

108 posts, read 305,753 times

Advertisements

My .25cents (adjusted for inflation)....I've done what you've considered and if you're going to move I'd think of four things:

1. Make sure you've got at least 3 months rent saved in advance (including rental deposits etc) If your credit is good you may only need 2 mths rent.

2. Get you a car a.s.a.p.!

3. Search "helpline" type of resources (social services,etc).

Having worked in the rental industry, I know for a fact that even if your credit sucks, 3 months rent in advance will go a long way towards securing you an apartment because "money talks and bull---- walks"!......If you do these things, you should be o.k.
Network, network, network.

4. "Pennysaver"-type weekly papers will save you a lot concerning good deals as well.

Last edited by LeftHook; 05-27-2008 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Correct a typo

Old 06-05-2008, 02:42 PM

21 posts, read 146,034 times
to all that wrote. i dont recall saying anthing about a car, i have 2, who said i didnt have a job lined up? if you cantanswer the quest dont add your 25 cents.

how simple can i make it........i;m not some naive young girl......and i dont have to expose my plans. i know what i am doing as far as relocating. i said i had and eviction on my credit report......not that my money was tight? evictions do not mean no money.........not in my case. My landlord lied!!!!! i resigned my lease and didnt move in.........yes i told him.....Check it ........i moved to Jacksonville.......he lied and told the judge i didnt tell him in enough time that i was moving.......so he charged me 6 mos of rent ..........thats the nutshell of me looking for just a place to cover my head. i judt thought it would be quicker to ask some people that was already there..........however i see too many people have the Wrong idea........thanks

Old 06-05-2008, 02:49 PM

702 posts, read 2,185,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malissawoods View Post
hello, i need an apartment in jacksonville soon or im going to be homeless with my 2 small children. my husband left and he didnt pay his child support cause my rent to fall behind. im in chicago now but i want to move back to JAX
I got the impression that money may be tight and you might not be getting any from him later on down the line which would cause problems with money and credit.

I answered with the info that was given. I think we all did... except for maybe the car thing.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:40 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,487,625 times
Quote:
hello, i need an apartment in jacksonville soon or im going to be homeless with my 2 small children. my husband left and he didnt pay his child support cause my rent to fall behind. im in chicago now but i want to move back to JAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
How do you plan to pay for this apartment?
Quote:
by getting a JOB?
Quote:
to all that wrote. i dont recall saying anthing about a car, i have 2, who said i didnt have a job lined up? if you cantanswer the quest dont add your 25 cents.

how simple can i make it........i;m not some naive young girl......and i dont have to expose my plans. i know what i am doing as far as relocating. i said i had and eviction on my credit report......not that my money was tight? evictions do not mean no money.........not in my case. My landlord lied!!!!! i resigned my lease and didnt move in.........yes i told him.....Check it ........i moved to Jacksonville.......he lied and told the judge i didnt tell him in enough time that i was moving.......so he charged me 6 mos of rent ..........thats the nutshell of me looking for just a place to cover my head. i judt thought it would be quicker to ask some people that was already there..........however i see too many people have the Wrong idea........thanks
Uh, dont get bent outta shape. People are just trying to help you. If anyone painted the picture that you were struggling with money woes & didnt have a job lined up it was you. And you didnt say anything about having an eviction on your credit report.

If you want people to help, try explaining yourself more & people wont jump to conclusions.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:02 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,453,643 times
Quote:

Malissawoods, this is not the way to elicit help from a forum.

It was me who brought up a car, and I did it for a good reason. You said you were in Chicago. In Chicago, you could rely on public transportation should your car break down. That's not the case here in Jacksonville, this is a car-centric city. If "funds are tight" as you said, a car breaking down can be devastating in our city.

So don't "expose your plans", but don't make a vague inquiry and expect that everyone is going to "get it". People on this forum offer their help and advice out of the goodness of their hearts, they don't need to be abused for it.

Since you've written us off anyway, there's no need for us to keep this thread open any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville