Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:53 PM

93 posts, read 287,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokahi View Post
So basically, unless you live in the area, you can't park there and go to the beach, which is why I mentioned that I disagree with the restrictions on beach access in PVB. The beach doesn't belong to anyone, it belongs to all of us.

I never understand this entitlement attitude either. California has incredible neighborhoods LaJolla, Del Mar, Malibu, Santa Barbra and all are as nice and as wealthy as PVB. All have hidden beach access and none prohibit parking like PVB.

You can bet these "privileged only" beaches will scream for federal money to replenish the sand or protect the dunes at the 1st sign of trouble.
Then claim all our beaches have public access... unless your one of those "chill hippy" type- then please stay in Jax Beach or go to Micklers.

As the recent election proved the old school thinking is phasing out.
Mahalo Lokahi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 01:02 PM

53 posts, read 305,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferr View Post
I never understand this entitlement attitude either. California has incredible neighborhoods LaJolla, Del Mar, Malibu, Santa Barbra and all are as nice and as wealthy as PVB. All have hidden beach access and none prohibit parking like PVB.

You can bet these "privileged only" beaches will scream for federal money to replenish the sand or protect the dunes at the 1st sign of trouble.
Then claim all our beaches have public access... unless your one of those "chill hippy" type- then please stay in Jax Beach or go to Micklers.

As the recent election proved the old school thinking is phasing out.
Mahalo Lokahi
Where exactly would the public parking for beach access be located, if the county deemed it necessary? On the streets?

Old 11-06-2008, 03:17 PM

93 posts, read 287,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palenciacondo View Post
Where exactly would the public parking for beach access be located, if the county deemed it necessary? On the streets?

where would the money come from if the beach needed replacing or the dunes needed building up?
you can bet your backside that money would show up.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:31 AM

2,079 posts, read 6,115,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferr View Post

where would the money come from if the beach needed replacing or the dunes needed building up?
you can bet your backside that money would show up.
Well imminent domain would need to be enforced because there are houses that would need to be torn down or canals that would need to be filled in to place a parking garage or lot, so good luck with that argument. BTW, my traditional values go against imminent domain. Also, to each their own. In S Fl you have Palm Beach, which is pretty damn private, nobody is complaining there. If you want to surf or be a part of the "chill" group, everyone know FLB is the place. Sobe has its own group, and so on. There is a beach for everyone, why can't people just accept it the way it is. PVB has always been this way, the only difference between then and now, are the size of the homes. Our beaches are not yet crowded, nope, not even Jax Beach, so let's all be thankful for that. Sometimes there are a lot of surfers in the water, which I'm sure they are not happy about having to take turns, but not all the time. It is worse in Daytona, Melbourne, and S FL. Let's be thankful for what we do have here instead of complaning about one thing we do not.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM

5 posts, read 14,966 times
Hello, We are relocating to Jacksonville and are focused on Ponte Vedra Beach. I would like to know more about the Plantation GCC.

Is the beach membership separate? Is there a pool/playground in the neighborhood? What is the cost to join the beach club? and maintenance costs?

Thank you in advance.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:54 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,115,292 times
which beach club?

Old 11-15-2008, 05:44 AM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,847 times
I think that if you live in the Plantation you have to belong to the Club which is why some people go to other ones where there isn't that mandate. (Players or Marsh Landing)

Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 AM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,242,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esyladnas View Post
Hello, We are relocating to Jacksonville and are focused on Ponte Vedra Beach. I would like to know more about the Plantation GCC.

Is the beach membership separate? Is there a pool/playground in the neighborhood? What is the cost to join the beach club? and maintenance costs?

Thank you in advance.
The Plantation has a web site: Welcome to The Plantation at Ponte Vedra
Also check page 1 of this thread and read the messages of Highland/PVBeach who lives in that community. You should pm him/her for details.

Connie

Old 11-18-2008, 07:35 AM

11 posts, read 60,977 times
Default Plantation Golf and Country Club in Ponte Vedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by esyladnas View Post

Thank you in advance.
I'm the Plantation Resident, and the Beach Club is part of the Country Club and NOT a separate membership. The Club Pool is at the Beach Club. We also have playgrounds for children at the Beach Club and at the main property. The club amenities are second to none in the area.

They serve meals at the Beach Club around to pool under umbrellas or under the cabana all spring, summer and into some of the fall. There is a They also have gas grill and you can bring your own food and cook it there and bring your own beverages including alcohol if you want to. You can have private parties there also.

We just renovated the Club House and added a Fitness Center and some more tennis courts. We are getting ready to do some additional work on the Beach Club that has already been voted on by the members.

There are probably some good deals right now in the Plantation and I have heard that we have had a few foreclosures (four). Our property values are holding up very well compared to other neighborhoods in the area according to a friend whose husband is a developer and a friend who is a realtor.

If you write me privately I can give you more info.

As Info,
Highlands/PVBeach

Old 11-22-2008, 03:10 PM

4 posts, read 14,647 times
Good choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville