Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 PM

22 posts, read 62,085 times

Advertisements

I have had a lot of experience working for my fathers business. However, the business name is the same as my last name (which is quite obscure), something which HR people might brand as a "fake" resume. I need to put this on my resume for a few jobs that I apply for as the experience would give me a competitive edge and I don't really want to leave the business name out, as this will also appear fake. If you search the company name, it does pop up in various searches and it is pretty clear to see that I am no way faking my resume, so I hope these HR people have the capability to do research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,395,534 times
Please stop posting about the same issue, while attempting to disguise it. First it was about faking a resume and that your father had businesses and you could just put them on your resume to make it look better. Next it was how you need experience because your father won't let you work with him. NOW it is putting this information (which was fake a few posts ago) and hoping that the HR people are smart enough to catch it because you have had tons of experience.

Time to stop it. And while you are at it, stop posting the same story with revised lies.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:29 PM

22 posts, read 62,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Please stop posting about the same issue, while attempting to disguise it. First it was about faking a resume and that your father had businesses and you could just put them on your resume to make it look better. Next it was how you need experience because your father won't let you work with him. NOW it is putting this information (which was fake a few posts ago) and hoping that the HR people are smart enough to catch it because you have had tons of experience.

Time to stop it. And while you are at it, stop posting the same story with revised lies.
I DO have tons of experience. Hard substantial FARM work in the agricultural sector. 12 hour days of physical work, getting covered in dirt. I have decided not to lie on resume, I NEVER have. My idea was to perhaps do a little business work for my dad then put that on my CV, but I couldn't bring myself to lie on my CV. Unless, of course, I was actually DESPERATE for work. That was a silly little idea. Of course, I would work for the business if I could. But the agricultural industry is relativley "invisible", so to speak. My father DOES have a business that I HAVE worked for. I'm asking if I can use my fathers company name and my REAL experience to show that I have knowledge in that sector. As you know, I'm just trying to get advice so I can find a job. Im asking for advice, not judgement.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:13 AM

If you are honestly asking for advice not judgment, stop changing the story you tell with every post. I for one find it insulting, as I am certain a lot of other members on these boards do as well.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:16 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,132,699 times
I thought the same as the bunny -- and from what I've seen we haven' always agreed -- so at least you brought us together on an issue Just use the experience you have and be done with it. We all want to put ourselves in the best light -- without lying. Just do it already. How old are you? Might I suggest a professional writing service?

Old 06-12-2012, 09:20 AM

639 posts, read 828,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
If you are honestly asking for advice not judgment, stop changing the story you tell with every post. I for one find it insulting, as I am certain a lot of other members on these boards do as well.
exactly, why would these doubts even arise if you really had experience?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
exactly, why would these doubts even arise if you really had experience?
Agree. And it changes with every post, as I mentioned before. If OP is seriously asking for advice, unfortunately OP has cried wolf too many times for me to be willing to help. Especially as I already answered OP before the facts changed again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search