Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2014, 10:01 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,989 times

Advertisements

The candidate pool was trimmed down from supposedly 500 candidates to 20 for an inside sales position. And we sat in a conference room while a hiring manager would interview us one at a time. I had to interview with 3 hiring managers. It lasted for about 4 hours? I would finish one interview, then get called up for the next with a different hiring manager. Pretty tiring. 1st interviewer had me do a roleplay scenario and was asked a few questions about my resume. 2nd interviewer was purely a behavioral interview. 3rd it was more getting to know each other questions, she was really interested in my prior position as a legal assistant in college, asked why I feel I'd be good for the job, etc. "This job can be really intense" etc. Then it was "Let me walk you out to the door and submit your form(evaluation), it was great meeting you". I also noticed that inside the booklet the 2nd interviewer was reading from, she would circle a 4. There was a 1,2,3,4, N/A. And most were 4s. I'm not sure if 1 is the best or 4 is the best.

I'm wondering how they will decide if they will offer me the position or not. Do the 3 managers vote?

I imagine it's: 2 yes and 1 no = offer
2 no 1 yes - no offer?

Thank you.

Last edited by Boosane; 05-17-2014 at 10:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search