Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 02:37 PM

184 posts, read 316,257 times

Advertisements

when u took the pee test u should have gotten a copy of the info for the lab its going to. Call the lab, see whats up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 03:07 PM

179 posts, read 248,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
With respect to this one, it's bothering me enough that I am starting to think that there should be laws about it. Seriouly. I've worked enough jobs to know that there is NO WAY a dollar store type of job paying minimum wage needs to have this long of a process for drug screening. That's just ridiculous. It's not like I'm applying for work at the Pentagon or in the White House, where you know that tons of security clearance will be expected of you. I think there should be a law giving them 3 or maybe 5 days, that's it, no more--comply, or be forced out of business totally. I am absolutely serious.

The only reason I wouldn't advocate such--the government themselves is even slower. Anything I've seen the government involved in, they take FOREVER to get a single thing done. Advocating for them to fix this problem--and it is a problem--is like advocating that a turtle should teach a rabbit how to fun faster. Meanwhile, I have been told "we want you," yet I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and wa.......
It's a private employer, if their processes are stupid enough to chase away potential good employees they'll either have to change thier practices or suffer the business consequences. We don't need a law for this. Since you have all this time, you should be out getting another job. Then you can chose between the jobs - what a position of pwer you could be in.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:04 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,965,555 times
Man you need some _______. Why are you stressing over a minimum wage job? While your waiting go register at a place like labor ready. Do anything. Contact some moving companies they have a high turn over. At the very least get that stress in check. Stress can wreck a body.

Get some ______ and chill.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:29 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,319,577 times
I got the job. FINALLY, about 3 days ago, they called and I cleared. I'm taking it, but man, that was slow, EXTREMELY slow. That said, at least I'm off to the races. You can grumble about your flight being delayed, but don't refuse to board the plane, or basically cut off your nose to spite your face.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I got the job. FINALLY, about 3 days ago, they called and I cleared. I'm taking it, but man, that was slow, EXTREMELY slow. That said, at least I'm off to the races. You can grumble about your flight being delayed, but don't refuse to board the plane, or basically cut off your nose to spite your face.
I think granny had that stitched on a pillow.

Congratulations!

Old 02-16-2015, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,246 times
I have a simple assault charge pending and i applied to family dollar. They want to hire me and im afraid i will not be hired due to this charge! Will it stop me from getting this job?

Old 06-02-2016, 01:13 PM

3 posts, read 2,505 times
I applied at family dollar was told I'm hired and know it's been two weeks wating on a background check to come in I been in wv for three weeks and GA all my life what could be the issue like I try not calling so much but it's so tempting lucky he hasn't got aggravated with me

Old 06-02-2016, 01:16 PM

How long did it take for the background check to come back

Old 06-02-2016, 01:20 PM

I applied at family dollar was told I'm hired and know it's been two weeks wating on a background check to come in I been in wv for three weeks and GA all my life what could be the issue like I try not calling so much but it's so tempting lucky he hasn't got aggravated with me

Old 06-02-2016, 03:18 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Here's the flaw with that mindset. YOU need the work. They have work, and likely plenty of it that they have to complete to keep the company floating. Things take time. If they passed this to a 3rd party who also has a schedule, they will have to wait for that party to process your checks before they can offer you the job.

They get to you when they can. I will have to say if you can't have patience to see this through the company may become concerned down the road if this mentality carries over into the job. Just hang tight.
This is true. It's going to take at least a week to process it. You're just going to have to be patient, because no one can speed up the process. The company doing the work is also processing background checks for other companies, too. It's not an overnight process, it's a minimum of 7-10 day, and it also depends on the type of background check that the company that hired you requested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search