Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:37 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times

Advertisements

This one called and upon realizing he could not pronounce my first name, hung up. He then called back about 20 seconds later.

Urgent Need --- Data Warehouse Modeler / ETL Developer position for Travel Location !!
Amit Sharma <amit.s@vui-inc.us>

Hi,

Greeting of day, Hope you are doing Great,
My client is looking for Multiple Data Warehouse Modeler / ETL Developer position for Travel Location,

Company profile:
My client is a global provider of consulting, IT Services, and outsourced R&D, infrastructure outsourcing and business process services. My client is the largest outsourced R & D Services provider and one of the pioneers in the remote delivery of services.

POSITION – Data Warehouse Modeler / ETL Developer

LOCATION – Travel

Job Description
Build and support ETL mapping/workflows
Define transformation rules for source to target mappings and develop the software components to support the transformation
Interact with Business Intelligence Lead, other staff, and other program technical staff as needed to ensure proposed development strategy and implementation meets programs objectives
Develop ETL's using Oracle ODI for Data Extraction, Data Mapping and Data Conversion
Ensure all software developed for migration of production data is developed, controlled, and tested to the same quality level as production software
Proven experience of building high performing physical and logical models that work with OBIA and OBIEE
Good understating of ETL/ELT methodologies using Oracle Data Integrator, Datastage, Informatica, or other Enterprise ETL Tool.
Proven experience of working with business partners/data modelers/architects in building consensus, socializing data solutions/designs.

Mandatory Skills:
· OLAP Logical and Physical Data Model

· Teradata and its Utilities (BTEQ, Fasltoad, MultiLoad, FastExport, TPUMP , TPT)

· Background + experience on ODI, Data Stage, Informatica ETL tools

· Experience in OBIA / OBIEE BI Reporting tools

· Over 10 years of IT experience and over 5 years of experience on TERADATA development and OLAP operation with TERADATA database

· Proven track record in planning, building, and managing successful large-scale Data Warehouse

· Strong analytical skills

Requirements:

· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
· Eight plus years of related responsible experience in large corporate systems environments working with large and complex data warehouse systems.
· Must have at least 5 years of hands-on experience working with Teradata in multi terabytes environment.
· Must have at least 5 years of experience in writing complex ETL packages.
· Must have at least 5 years of hands on experience in database and SQL performance tuning.
· Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of Oracle ODI -Data Warehouse Architecture, ETL, Oracle, mainframe and Teradata databases.
Please revert back with these details along with your updated resume,

Consultant Name:
Contact Number :
Current Location:
Open to relocate:
Availability:
Work Permit :
Current Salary:
Expected Salary:
Email ID:
Best time to call:

Waiting for your response,
Please let me know, If you need any information from my side!!

Thanks,
Amit Sharma
Ventures Unlimited Inc.
309 Fellowship Road, East Gate Center, Suite 200
Mount Laurel , New Jersey 08054
Ph: 856-842-1988| Ext. 215| Fax: 888-534-5731| amit.s@vui-inc.us

Old 11-12-2014, 03:23 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This one called and upon realizing he could not pronounce my first name, hung up. He then called back about 20 seconds later.

Urgent Need --- Data Warehouse Modeler / ETL Developer position for Travel Location !!

Hi,

My client is looking for Multiple Data Warehouse Modeler / ETL Developer position for Travel Location,

Company profile:
My client is a global provider of consulting, IT Services, and outsourced R&D, infrastructure outsourcing and business process services. My client is the largest outsourced R & D Services provider and one of the pioneers in the remote delivery of services.

LOCATION – Travel

Job Description
Define transformation rules for source to target mappings and develop the software components to support the transformation
Interact with Business Intelligence Lead, other staff, and other program technical staff as needed to ensure proposed development strategy and implementation meets programs objectives
Develop ETL's using Oracle ODI for Data Extraction, Data Mapping and Data Conversion
Ensure all software developed for migration of production data is developed, controlled, and tested to the same quality level as production software
Proven experience of building high performing physical and logical models that work with OBIA and OBIEE
Good understating of ETL/ELT methodologies using Oracle Data Integrator, Datastage, Informatica, or other Enterprise ETL Tool.
Proven experience of working with business partners/data modelers/architects in building consensus, socializing data solutions/designs.

Mandatory Skills:

· Teradata and its Utilities (BTEQ, Fasltoad, MultiLoad, FastExport, TPUMP , TPT)

· Over 10 years of IT experience and over 5 years of experience on TERADATA development and OLAP operation with TERADATA database

· Proven track record in planning, building, and managing successful large-scale Data Warehouse

Requirements:

· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
· Eight plus years of related responsible experience in large corporate systems environments working with large and complex data warehouse systems.
· Must have at least 5 years of hands-on experience working with Teradata in multi terabytes environment.
· Must have at least 5 years of hands on experience in database and SQL performance tuning.
· Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of Oracle ODI -Data Warehouse Architecture, ETL, Oracle, mainframe and Teradata databases.

Consultant Name:
Contact Number :
Current Location:
Open to relocate:
Availability:
Work Permit :
Current Salary:
Expected Salary:
Email ID:
Best time to call:

Thanks,
Amit Sharma
Ventures Unlimited Inc.
I don't see what's wrong here. Other than it's a travel job so they cannot pinpoint a location. It's ETL work and you are more FE BI, right? But some people have both skill sets and also a FE BI person might have several ETL contacts and might forward the email to those folks. So I don't see the harm in the recruiter sending out his email to you.

I get many emails about jobs. If I qualify and if it meets my criteria, and if I am am looking for a job, then I contact them. If not, I just ignore the email. So what if you get a lot of extra emails for jobs, just ignore them. You might find a good one in there but you have to weed through several. They are using keywords to match your resume and they figure maybe you have new skills/extra skills and maybe you are a good match.
Typically you have email accts that are used only for job searches. This way you can deal with many extra emails coming in from recruiters, and the emails won't get mixed in with personal emails.

Why are you upset with this email? It's a typical ETL job posting - not abnormal at all. Sure, it's a travel job. But they tell you up front.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:05 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

Hi,

Company profile:

LOCATION – Travel

Job Description

Mandatory Skills:

Requirements:

Consultant Name:
Contact Number :
Current Location:
Open to relocate:
Availability:
Work Permit :
Current Salary:
Expected Salary:
Email ID:
Best time to call:

Thanks,
Amit Sharma
Ventures Unlimited Inc.

Good day Amit,

I am not interested in a travel job at this time. I am located in NYC, I can work Midtown, wall-street, Jersey city. I can also drive to some locations with in NJ.

For you further records I have attached my resume.

below is the info you are asking for
Consultant Name: me
Contact Number : my number
Current Location: my location
Open to relocate: NO
Availability: 3 weeks
Work Permit : Citizen
Current Salary:
Expected Salary: a gazillion Mongolian Tibrics
Email ID: Me@meland.com
Best time to call: I prefer email.

Thank you,

Old 11-12-2014, 04:28 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
I hang up on slimy staffing firms and recruiters, regardless of race or nationality.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I don't see what's wrong here. Other than it's a travel job so they cannot pinpoint a location. It's ETL work and you are more FE BI, right? But some people have both skill sets and also a FE BI person might have several ETL contacts and might forward the email to those folks. So I don't see the harm in the recruiter sending out his email to you.

I get many emails about jobs. If I qualify and if it meets my criteria, and if I am am looking for a job, then I contact them. If not, I just ignore the email. So what if you get a lot of extra emails for jobs, just ignore them. You might find a good one in there but you have to weed through several. They are using keywords to match your resume and they figure maybe you have new skills/extra skills and maybe you are a good match.
Typically you have email accts that are used only for job searches. This way you can deal with many extra emails coming in from recruiters, and the emails won't get mixed in with personal emails.

Why are you upset with this email? It's a typical ETL job posting - not abnormal at all. Sure, it's a travel job. But they tell you up front.
Read the greeting at the top. I'm hearing Borat saying that in my head.

Greeting of Day!

Old 11-12-2014, 05:32 PM

919 posts, read 848,041 times
Personal preference, I'd rather go through a recruiter than try to act as my own recruiter. They have better contacts than me and work the phone for a living. I don't.

Having said that, I receive a LOT of recruiter spam via email and phone calls and just ignore it. I'd say at least 75% is from Indian recruiters. They don't care about job suitability or geography, they just spam and spam.

BTW Google (non-Indian ) recruiters are the worst. Google has been after me for five years - one would think they would take a hint And this is as they have been laying off thousands of engineers (mostly from Motorola cell phone division that they bought.)

I am sure this is due to my past sins, i.e. posting my resume with contact info to job sites. But I never made my resume public or searchable by everyone, so maybe one of the legit recruiters spread it without authorization to the locusts.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:16 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,007,147 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Hang up on them..that is fine..
but do it on the basis of their actions..

Why not just say that recruiters that call and don't seem above board
and don't know the language get on your nerves...

It is when a whole group is judged that it becomes prejudice...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-18-2014 at 12:38 PM..

Old 11-12-2014, 08:46 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,811 times
I don't support them, but its a tough life for them. They do night shifts in India 9 pm to 6 AM for a paltry wage.Their Telugu Bosses who might be PR's or citizens and make big bucks.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I don't support them, but its a tough life for them. They do night shifts in India 9 pm to 6 AM for a paltry wage.Their Telugu Bosses who might be PR's or citizens and make big bucks.
I don't feel sorry for them. Not one bit.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:12 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,995 times
I am an American citizen, I will conduct business with any honest man of the world without regard for creed, race of faith. Well, as long as the State Department allows me to.

This is how we conduct business in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search