Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 10:42 AM

444 posts, read 581,759 times

Advertisements

I receive a lot of calls from Indian recruiters. Some are located in the US while others are not and use devices to make it look like the call is coming from inside the US. These recruiters have no connection/contact with the hiring manager. They have no sales staff with connections to the company. They simply pick jobs off the wire (pontoon, etc.) Yes, in some cases lousy recruiting companies are using outsourced recruiting. I can tell you it is not working. My fiance is in the industry and it drives them nuts because the resumes she gets are not worthy to be presented to the hiring manager and it is killing her submittals...it is very difficult to explain to them what requirements are needed for the job. Recruiting and looking for a job is bad enough, never mind speaking with someone who you can't understand, or does not understand you...in most cases the jobs are a thousand miles away anyway because they don't understand the geography...

At this time, I just hang up on them! LOL

Old 11-10-2014, 10:51 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
I won't consider contract jobs so I just tell them I'm not interested the moment they call.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:23 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
I don't get calls from random people. So I don't have an opportunity to find out what I would do.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:36 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,771,662 times
I don't discriminate. I don't deal with 3rd party recruiters regardless of their national origin.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:41 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I don't get those kind of calls but when I was looking for a job a few years back I would get calls from recruiting agencies saying they had come across my resume and had a job they wanted to run past me. It was always an entry level job. I got so tired of explaining I finally said to one of them, "So you have my resume in front of you and you cannot see that I'm at A VICE-PRESIDENT LEVEL??????" I must have been put on a do not call list because after that I heard nothing from them.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:29 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
I get calls by the hour from Indian Recruiters.

Because there are so many calls, I just let it go to voice mail if I don't recognize the number.

I used to have a message that said, "If you are a recruiter, please hang up and send me email. If I am interested I will call you back." But that was before I retired. Now, as I did before I created the "email" message, if they are in the US and can show that they are not a fly by night organization, I might listen to what they have to say.

If I can detect that they are off-shore or that they are anyway connected to the big Indian firms that charge normal US rates, but then pay their local developers only the interest earned from those fees, I tell them, I am not interested. If they are interested.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:53 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySeal77 View Post
I receive a lot of calls from Indian recruiters. Some are located in the US while others are not and use devices to make it look like the call is coming from inside the US. These recruiters have no connection/contact with the hiring manager. They have no sales staff with connections to the company. They simply pick jobs off the wire (pontoon, etc.) Yes, in some cases lousy recruiting companies are using outsourced recruiting. I can tell you it is not working. My fiance is in the industry and it drives them nuts because the resumes she gets are not worthy to be presented to the hiring manager and it is killing her submittals...it is very difficult to explain to them what requirements are needed for the job. Recruiting and looking for a job is bad enough, never mind speaking with someone who you can't understand, or does not understand you...in most cases the jobs are a thousand miles away anyway because they don't understand the geography...

At this time, I just hang up on them! LOL

So if they weren't Indian, you'd receive their calls?
Lots of rogue crooters around regardless of their nationalities.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:58 PM

820 posts, read 1,208,832 times
Its easier to deal directly with the company, not through a temp service.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:17 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,296,407 times
I have gotten some of the sweetest overseas gigs in Singapore and Far East going through foreign recruiters. I don't discriminate because in IT field if you don't want to work with Indians then you might as well pack up and move to Mars. I agree that most of them are annoying and their rates are not that good but some of them do have good connections. I usually call back once they leave a voice mail or send an email. Works out fine for me.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:56 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
I got a high paying 100% remote gig with a Fortune 100 company...via a cold call from a recruiter with an Indian accent. Glad I didn't hang up.

Last edited by sware2cod; 11-10-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search