Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 02:29 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,857,889 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

The old adage of "don't hate the player, hate the game" comes in here. I don't begrudge the person doing the job - it's the knucklehead that offshored the job in the first place.

Personally, I have no idea why anyone would every respond to an offshore recruiter. If a company offshores something like talent acquisition (offshore - not outsource. Outsourcing makes sense for some comapnies if they don't have the volume to justify a dedicated person/people for this task) What makes you think they won't offshore the job you'd be doing for them?

The key is to stop doing business with companies that offshore US jobs.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-18-2014 at 12:28 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 05:20 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
The old adage of "don't hate the player, hate the game" comes in here. I don't begrudge the person doing the job - it's the knucklehead that offshored the job in the first place.

Personally, I have no idea why anyone would every respond to an offshore recruiter. If a company offshores something like talent acquisition (offshore - not outsource. Outsourcing makes sense for some comapnies if they don't have the volume to justify a dedicated person/people for this task) What makes you think they won't offshore the job you'd be doing for them?

The key is to stop doing business with companies that offshore US jobs.
I agree. I don't like dealing with companies who offshore. That being said, my company has a division in India. It's almost unavoidable these days, and principles don't pay the bills.

As for my H1-B colleagues, I am always polite, courteous, and professional with them. (Even when they do not reciprocate.) I never have problems with the women and usually don't have problems with the men, though you do get a sexist jerk from time to time. I recently had some issues with a sexist foreign colleague but my boss quickly made it abundantly clear to him that his behavior would not be tolerated.

Also, I have had some Indian colleagues in the past that I would gladly work with again. I've even acted as a reference for one of them. Wouldn't have happened if I was a racist.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:48 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Are these legit though, or are a lot of them scammers? I responded to them, and in the Authorization Form, they're asking for my month/day (though not year) of birth. Is this a scammer?

Old 11-11-2014, 06:14 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,223,538 times
When they're pitching me a 3-month contract 500 miles away for a lowball rate, you're damn right I hang up on them. Sometimes I laugh derisively first. I'd do this with any nationality recruiter but realistically it's always been Indians. Haven't gotten any for a while, though.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:43 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
When they're pitching me a 3-month contract 500 miles away for a lowball rate, you're damn right I hang up on them. Sometimes I laugh derisively first. I'd do this with any nationality recruiter but realistically it's always been Indians. Haven't gotten any for a while, though.
Yup, the only ones who contact me about far-away short-term contracts for a lowball rate are offshore people. I have no idea why they do it but it's so common.

http://blog.computer-fella.com/job-a...an-recruiters/

Last edited by BigDGeek; 11-11-2014 at 06:54 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 07:11 PM

61 posts, read 77,646 times
I mostly get email first, set the time of call and always getting call on time. As pointed out here, I get some new calls and I take it lightly (when I am free of course) otherwise goes to voice mail. Take it easy.... I agree that foreigner recruiters and lots of intermediate recruiters are there. I sometimes wonder that what is the role of HR Managers- that they are not capable of selecting and recruiting themselves directly rather than depend on outsource/third party.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:43 PM

61 posts, read 77,646 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

No body is stealing anybody jobs! In the age of globalization and greed for more profit of big corporates has led this problem. As long as there will be no human and social value is incorporated in job system, these problem will continue. I mean those companies, which are making big money (eg Microsoft, Google, Oracle, Cisco ) must be compelled to hire more people, educate more students (free) and comply with social responsibility(after all they are earning profit from the same society, same people). It also depend on so many other factors like country policy, corporate rules, competition, globalization, greed for more wealth, difference between poor and rich, etc.
As long as there is huge gaps between rich and poor, greedy people/corporate on the earth exists, there will be always slavery, only its form will change.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-18-2014 at 12:30 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 09:43 PM

150 posts, read 173,819 times
I never get calls from Indian recruiters. I do, however, get many calls from aggressive white and black male recruiters who are very good at BS and will lie through their teeth to set you up with a crap job to make their numbers look good.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:12 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,290,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomman View Post
I never get calls from Indian recruiters. I do, however, get many calls from aggressive white and black male recruiters who are very good at BS and will lie through their teeth to set you up with a crap job to make their numbers look good.
Well, that's it then. No longer accepting calls from white or black recruiters. To hell with them!

Old 11-11-2014, 10:25 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,313,429 times
Im worried now. I got call from indian hr recruiter. Had phone interview and then set up in person interview at the company (well known) hq. The person interviewing me has a "normal" name. Is it worth while to go? Also a salary was never stated although I was asked to give them a range. This isnt contract btw its full time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search