Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 07:22 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,726 times

Advertisements

I had a great interview yesterday for an Executive Assistant position with a CEO of a health organization. My interview was at 10am, and it ended at 12:25pm. It was just me and him and we talked about a host of personal interests, the healthcare industry, aspects of the job, his background, my background. It was an engaging and informal type interview. He told me he interviewed two other candidates and he has one more today (Tuesday), he'll make a decision by Wednesday.

Do you think that based on the longer than normal or expected interview, that I may have nailed it ? I feel good about it, but I felt that way about two other interviews I had earlier this year that did not go in my favor.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 07:25 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,623,951 times
Look up Topgrading... it sounds like a Topgrading interview. My mom's company uses that and interviews with that can go up to 6 hours.

Topgrading is the Proven Best Practice for Hiring
What Is a Topgrading Interview? | Chron.com

Old 11-18-2014, 07:30 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
It's good that it wasn't short, but he could have spent an equal amount of time with the other candidates, so it's impossible to tell if you (alone) nailed it.

All you can do is wait and see.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you have good news to share soon!

Old 11-18-2014, 07:32 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
He's making the decision after only two days with you and one day with the other guy??

Old 11-18-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He's making the decision after only two days with you and one day with the other guy??

Last week he interviewed two other candidates. My interview was Monday morning, and the fourth candidate will be today.

He said he'll make a decision by Wednesday. I guess he knows what he's looking for. If he's doing this "Topgrading" thing with all of us, he knows what he's doing and will select the best fit. His current assistant's last day is this Friday, so he wants someone on board "soon".

Old 11-18-2014, 07:44 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Last week he interviewed two other candidates. My interview was Monday morning, and the fourth candidate will be today.

He said he'll make a decision by Wednesday. I guess he knows what he's looking for. If he's doing this "Topgrading" thing with all of us, he knows what he's doing and will select the best fit. His current assistant's last day is this Friday, so he wants someone on board "soon".
Ah desperate to fill the position.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:44 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
I had a great interview yesterday for an Executive Assistant position with a CEO of a health organization. My interview was at 10am, and it ended at 12:25pm. It was just me and him and we talked about a host of personal interests, the healthcare industry, aspects of the job, his background, my background. It was an engaging and informal type interview. He told me he interviewed two other candidates and he has one more today (Tuesday), he'll make a decision by Wednesday.

Do you think that based on the longer than normal or expected interview, that I may have nailed it ? I feel good about it, but I felt that way about two other interviews I had earlier this year that did not go in my favor.

Thoughts?
The fact that he told you that he had another interview means you should not get too caught up in the length of the interview. But it was a good sign he gave you an actual day when the decision will be made so that could lead to something good

good luck

Old 11-19-2014, 05:53 AM

I got feedback from the recruiter and she said that the CEO liked me a lot, but another person really met all the qualifications for the job. He'll make his definitive decision shortly. I'm already moving on and using this as yet another interview practice.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:41 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
I got feedback from the recruiter and she said that the CEO liked me a lot, but another person really met all the qualifications for the job. He'll make his definitive decision shortly. I'm already moving on and using this as yet another interview practice.
That's the best attitude to have. Sorry you're probably not getting this one, but hang in there and keep plugging.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That's the best attitude to have. Sorry you're probably not getting this one, but hang in there and keep plugging.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search