Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:42 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,572,361 times

Advertisements

A moment during an interview when you knew it was time to ''move on mentally'' and ''just get this over with''.
Maybe it was something said, body language or other subtle signs, etc.
Do tell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 09:02 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,475 times
1. Not that long ago I had a person call me from a company and I could not even understand them. When that was the case I knew I did not want to work for them if I could not even understand them.

2. This is not an interview, But a first day at my job when the workers all acted really stressed, were complaining about constant overtime and things being dysfunctional. And nobody knew what to do with me until 1pm.. (I got there at 8 am) I knew that was going to be a trainwreck. They let me go after 3 days.. I knew it wasn't me....

Old 02-01-2015, 09:11 PM

897 posts, read 1,180,938 times
1. Sort of like jbtornado. Someone from India called me, I couldn't understand him, and somehow I made it past the phone interview by bsing it. The in-person interview, with a different person, was terrible and I knew I didn't get the job when he started asking me to use my psychology degree to diagnose my previous boss. =x

2. The person would not give me eye contact. I gave up as soon as that person did, but made sure to act professionally.

3. This was at indeed. Just a phone interview. Gave me generic responses, answers and a timeline. Knew I didn't get it.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 PM

17,712 posts, read 29,839,573 times
30 seconds at Honeywell.
Got off the elevator and saw cubicles with low wood walls, cubicles with clear glass above the wood, cloudy glass above the wood.
Saw myself telling my wife that I got promoted to cloudy glass.
Torpedoed the interview and was very happy to leave.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:59 PM

405 posts, read 573,633 times
About 10 mins. in when the lady told me the job required 50% travel, normal people post if travel is required in the ad (wasn't a role that typically required). I got the job but I declined the offer due to the traveling. I would have never applied in the first place had that been stated. Big waste of time.

Last edited by sonyab523; 02-01-2015 at 11:19 PM..

Old 02-01-2015, 10:19 PM

133 posts, read 175,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
A moment during an interview when you knew it was time to ''move on mentally'' and ''just get this over with''.
Maybe it was something said, body language or other subtle signs, etc.
Do tell!
Maybe if you had a better outlook on life and job searching you would have better luck. Going into an interview with the mindset "just get this over with" is not going to help you in any fashion. In order to avoid going onsite for a bad interview, during the initial phone screen ask hard questions about the business. Do your homework. Negativity helps nothing

Old 02-01-2015, 10:25 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,920,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicLove View Post
Maybe if you had a better outlook on life and job searching you would have better luck. Going into an interview with the mindset "just get this over with" is not going to help you in any fashion. In order to avoid going onsite for a bad interview, during the initial phone screen ask hard questions about the business. Do your homework. Negativity helps nothing
Reread the original post please

Old 02-01-2015, 11:49 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
When I was told the hours were 3pm to 11pm after it stated in the job ad the hours were 9am to 5pm.

Once I heard that I decided to end the interview and didn't care that I was unemployed

Old 02-02-2015, 12:12 AM

897 posts, read 1,180,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
When I was told the hours were 3pm to 11pm after it stated in the job ad the hours were 9am to 5pm.

Once I heard that I decided to end the interview and didn't care that I was unemployed
haha, I went on a few interviews like that! The hours were 8-6pm, but when I showed up they said the hours went from 11am - 7-8pm. I checked out mentally at that point and just went through the motions of the interview.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:13 AM

3,396 posts, read 7,215,806 times
Walking through the front door of the office.

I work in tech, and generally prefer to work for smaller companies. There are an incredible number of start ups that are just a bogus shell of a company, and you can tell the second you walk through the door. Some places have loads of money and kind of astroturf a fake culture, and other places are just flat out broke and understaffed to meet their goals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search