Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 12:23 PM

39 posts, read 70,896 times

Advertisements

It's so hard to wait. I'm 2 1/2 weeks after a second interview and haven't heard a thing. I even called on Monday as a follow up and the HR director has not returned my call. Hang in there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 12:20 PM

14 posts, read 39,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrunnerjm View Post
It's so hard to wait. I'm 2 1/2 weeks after a second interview and haven't heard a thing. I even called on Monday as a follow up and the HR director has not returned my call. Hang in there
Thank you and everyone else for the kind words and best wishes.

Long story short, I followed up again a couple days later with the HR and they notified me that I was not selected for the position (I made it to the final round and there were only me and another guy). I was very disappointed. I thanked the HR personal for her time and help and then I decided to move on.

Couple days later, I don't know what I was thinking but I decided to write an personal thank you email to the HR person again. I said to her even though I didn't get the result that I wanted, but it was a great experience for me to work with her. Also, I told her that I understand her position completely, and I didn't take it personal just because I was not selected for the job. However, I still think I am a better candidate. I was basically saying they made a huge mistake for not selecting me in a very nice, and professional way. She immediately replied to my email saying out of all the people she has talked to in the past, I made the best impression with her. She was not the one who makes the final decision, but she wished I get the job just as bad as I wanted it. I thanked her again.

Then, about 2 weeks later, I got a call from them while I was driving home from work. They decided to make me an offer! Happy ending..

One thing that I learned from this experience is that you should never give up. Got rejected? So what, I still thank her again for her time and help. It won't do any harm just to make someone happy. And you have to understand that not everything will always go your way, but the little things that you do might change the entire outcome. You will never know if you don't try it.

With that being said, the outcome does't even matter any more. It is your positive and respectful attitude that will make the difference in your future life. I hope all the best!

Last edited by Bluesky1854; 04-06-2015 at 12:30 PM..

Old 04-06-2015, 01:49 PM

595 posts, read 1,256,501 times
Agree 100% with bluesky1854. People start jobs and circumstances can change, so why burn bridges that are not negative?

Old 04-06-2015, 02:03 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Congrats OP!! Hope it all works out great for you!

Old 04-06-2015, 07:19 PM

472 posts, read 515,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky1854 View Post

Long story short, I followed up again a couple days later with the HR and they notified me that I was not selected for the position (I made it to the final round and there were only me and another guy). I was very disappointed. I thanked the HR personal for her time and help and then I decided to move on.

Couple days later, I don't know what I was thinking but I decided to write an personal thank you email to the HR person again. I said to her even though I didn't get the result that I wanted, but it was a great experience for me to work with her. Also, I told her that I understand her position completely, and I didn't take it personal just because I was not selected for the job. However, I still think I am a better candidate. I was basically saying they made a huge mistake for not selecting me in a very nice, and professional way. She immediately replied to my email saying out of all the people she has talked to in the past, I made the best impression with her. She was not the one who makes the final decision, but she wished I get the job just as bad as I wanted it. I thanked her again.

Then, about 2 weeks later, I got a call from them while I was driving home from work. They decided to make me an offer! Happy ending..

One thing that I learned from this experience is that you should never give up. Got rejected? So what, I still thank her again for her time and help. It won't do any harm just to make someone happy. And you have to understand that not everything will always go your way, but the little things that you do might change the entire outcome. You will never know if you don't try it.

With that being said, the outcome does't even matter any more. It is your positive and respectful attitude that will make the difference in your future life. I hope all the best!
Great ending...your attitude is praiseworthy. They're one lucky org to have people like you on board. Good luck.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkElephant View Post
Agree 100% with bluesky1854. People start jobs and circumstances can change, so why burn bridges that are not negative?
You are exactly right. You will never know if you will ever come across with them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Congrats OP!! Hope it all works out great for you!
I am doing great so far! Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisDamnLife View Post
Great ending...your attitude is praiseworthy. They're one lucky org to have people like you on board. Good luck.
Thank you very much for your kind words. It means a lot to me! I am still a young adult, but I know exactly what I am doing and how to do things right. This doesn't mean I am always right 100%, but I always learn from mistakes and from other people's experience.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:28 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
I think it's a positive sign that you are receiving updates because if you wasn't in the running there would be no need to contact at all about the hiring status. So I would just lay low for now and wait for the next update which maybe the one with the verbal offer.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:38 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky1854 View Post

Wow, glad it worked out for you in the end which is great now you can make the transition.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Wow, glad it worked out for you in the end which is great now you can make the transition.
Yes. It worked out great for me. I signed my official offer letter yesterday. Thank you so much for the kind words!

Old 04-09-2015, 08:00 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Congratulations! Love hearing stories like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search