Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 04:28 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times

Advertisements

Absolutely it could have been an internal candidate. I don't know what happened behind the scenes, just seemed really disorganized!

The timeline

-I sent my resume
-next day I was contacted via email and asked my availability to interview that week
-I sent my availability later that day (Wednesday)

I never heard back so emailed HR to schedule a different time. I was emailed back they had so one who accepted the job Friday.

Luckily I didn't have a lot invested in the position, just thought it was such a waste of everyone's time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 07:06 PM

856 posts, read 1,052,510 times
Exclamation Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Absolutely it could have been an internal candidate. I don't know what happened behind the scenes, just seemed really disorganized!

The timeline

-I sent my resume
-next day I was contacted via email and asked my availability to interview that week
-I sent my availability later that day (Wednesday)

I never heard back so emailed HR to schedule a different time. I was emailed back they had so one who accepted the job Friday.

Luckily I didn't have a lot invested in the position, just thought it was such a waste of everyone's time!

Veuve....Hello....

Well, I can see I am the only one here who is going to say I like what they did.

They saw a candidate they liked and instead of dithering, they hired that person.

Sounds like a company I'd recruit for since they apparently know how to make a decision.

Not one thing you've said indicates they are disorganized- that is strictly your assessment.

Probably the only 'apparent' glitch was them not calling you to let you know they were on the verge of a hire. They may have been hedging since they may not have known how it would fly.

Strictly business.

Move on and keep applying. I've seen worse scenarios, Veuve.....

Paul.........

Old 04-28-2015, 08:40 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Paul great perspective. Like I said I have no idea what happened behind the scenes. You could be 100% right!

Old 04-28-2015, 08:57 PM

856 posts, read 1,052,510 times
Exclamation Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Paul great perspective. Like I said I have no idea what happened behind the scenes. You could be 100% right!
Veuve,

You're a good sport.

Were I in your shoes, I'd consider it a ripoff.

There's no way of knowing for sure how these things will go, even for us experts.

I like the fact they seemed to have made a decision in a timely way but at the same time, I questioned their not wanting to see a few more candidates.

If I called it, then we have to assume they feel they made a best decision although, of course, that doesn't make it any better on your side.

I applied for a job once, for which I was clearly not qualified and it was explained to me that the decision to hire someone else was for just that reason.

I was invited to meet with the new person so I could pick his brain and learn a little. I took them up on the offer and I could see he did know his stuff, inside and out.

A few months later, I called the kindly old man who liked me but did not hire me. He was bummed.

"What's wrong?", I asked.

Seems the Benefits Mgr they hired -this same guy- had embezzled the employee benefits fund and had made off with thousands of dollars. He was 'clever' about it and it was not discovered until after he had resigned.

It hardly made me feel better when the HR VP told me he 'wished he had hired me, instead'.

Hopefully, the people who do hire you, Veuve, will appreciate you.

Bonne Chance!

Paul...........

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search