Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 12:34 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times

Advertisements

Was this the company from this interview?

Bad Phone Interview....What should I do ?

If so, this sounds like it was bound to happen. Not because of anything you did, but because the company is a trainwreck (which I suspected in that thread).

Be happy it only took 3 days, rather than 3 months. Less time wasted, and less risk of a heart attack.

And in the future, be cautious about who you give your time to, even for interviews. They went through 6 people in 2 months? Damn. They don't realize that *they* are the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 12:59 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcitygirl84 View Post
The Marketing Manager (drama queen gay guy) whom the original job was supposed to report to, didnt seem happy.
I have not ever once used the work computer once.
I found my computer on (when I logged off the previous day),
RM is clearly just throwing out little stupid unrelated things.
Your Marketing Manager could tell you don't like gay people, so he immediately knew you wouldn't be a fit. Then you are contradicting yourself by saying you never worked on the computer, but then you say you logged off, and had typed up notes about how to get more sales, so I don't trust your side of the story. And, you casually note about the RM throwing out unrelated things, but if those things happen in a small office where everyone normally gets along, the last thing they want is somebody making waves.

I'm sure we'll all hear more details as this thread continues, but that's my first take on it.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:08 PM

126 posts, read 206,454 times
Fyi, i used my own computer at home to type.

And i have alot of gay friends. I live in sf.

You dont have to believe me. I dont really care. I had a crappy week and the last thing i need is to hear from negative people like you . Have a good day!

Old 06-26-2015, 04:42 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
It sounds like a case of deflamation...

A lawsuit for defamation is meant to protect a person's reputation and good standing in the community. To prove that defamation was a part of your job loss, you must show that -- in the process of terminating your employment or subsequently providing references -- your former employer made false and malicious statements about you that harmed your chances of finding a new job.

Wrongful Termination: Was Your Firing Illegal? | Nolo.com
shouldn't be too hard to prove if she yelled that she wanted that job in front of other people... and you can always get the IT person to confirm that you were using phone with him...

Old 06-26-2015, 05:59 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,415 times
This is just so horrible, I would consult a lawyer, just on principle and sue them. This is defamation of character, and you were set up to be fired by a hateful, jealous person who wanted their friend to have your job. It is a terrible place and you will find something better, but don't just let this pass because they will keep on doing this thinking they can keep doing it.

Jeez, and I thought my workplace sucked. So sorry.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:05 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
That sucks. But keep walking and never turn back. Is it worth a legal battle to fight for a job with such a horrible vibe to it? I say no. There are other jobs.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:47 PM

126 posts, read 206,454 times
you know, I was thinking about sending a letter to the President and telling him about my experience working there. I wasn't sure if it was even worth me writing it, but I felt that he ought to know what is going on in his company. Another part of me is pretty bitter, and I just dont care enough.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:00 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcitygirl84 View Post
you know, I was thinking about sending a letter to the President and telling him about my experience working there. I wasn't sure if it was even worth me writing it, but I felt that he ought to know what is going on in his company. Another part of me is pretty bitter, and I just dont care enough.
If you are even remotely considering taking any legal action against this company, you definitely want to consult a lawyer before contacting them any further. Otherwise you might risk nullifying your case somehow. Better safe than sorry.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:10 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
That is awful. Don't bother sending a letter to the president. If he cared at all, things would be different. The president has chosen to look the other way and has chosen to allow these types of things to occur.

At least you can leave this company off your resume because it's only been a few days.

And next job, don't say much small talk for the first several weeks other than very very basic things that cannot be turned around. Not that anything you said here made a difference. But you need to get the feel for the political pecking order before you say much these days.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:16 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
sucks but move on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search