Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 12:24 AM

1 posts, read 580 times

Advertisements

I have been applying for jobs since end of August, had a couple phone interviews and a couple in person interviews. Each time the 2nd one was much much better than the first because I had researched the interview process more, along with help from friends who are knowledgeable about interviews. I had a phone screening which lead to an in person interview. That was last Thursday, a week and 1 day ago. I thought it went really well. This was at BJC. They said by the end of this week(today)they would probably have a decision and said I would be notified either way. I was really wanting a call today, I so want to work and would love this job. I have been a stay at home mom for 16 year and the last 11 years also was an in home child care provider. Does anyone have any knowledge of the interview process? I know every interview process can be different, but why does it take a week or longer,is that good or bad, do they have a lot of upper management paperwork that has to go through? I sent thank you letters, should have gotten them Tuesday, should i send an e-mail asking where the interview process is at and if the position has been filled? Sorry so long and so many questions, I am just driving myself crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 08:06 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
It does vary, but we will normally make a decision within a week of the last interview. Then we make an offer contingent on the background check, which may take another week. It would be rare to have someone notified that they were not selected within 2 weeks. Other employers can take several weeks, or even as much as two months. At the end of the interview, if they don't tell you, ask about the timing. Then a day or two after the anticipated date they gave you, follow up with a call.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:08 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Agree with Hemlock. However, I'd email them instead of calling. Calling puts them on the spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search