Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 983 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of jobs available here in Texas and Louisiana due to the hurricane. They are mostly physical jobs but what I just heard on the news, they pay pretty well. Also check Dallas area because a lumber yard said they were shorthanded because of people heading south. I think you might find them on Craigslist. Just thought some people might want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 10:43 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
didnt you know people on here went to college so they didnt have to dirty manicured hands and can sit indoors all day?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:40 AM

2,762 posts, read 3,186,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
didnt you know people on here went to college so they didnt have to dirty manicured hands and can sit indoors all day?
Lots of people can't do that kind of work (construction), even if they wanted to, because they aren't physically able to do it.

Lots of other perfectly valid reasons too, like taking care of a sick family member and can't move etc....

Old 09-09-2017, 09:22 AM

186 posts, read 125,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain girl 55 View Post
There are plenty of jobs available here in Texas and Louisiana due to the hurricane. They are mostly physical jobs but what I just heard on the news, they pay pretty well. Also check Dallas area because a lumber yard said they were shorthanded because of people heading south. I think you might find them on Craigslist. Just thought some people might want to know.
That might be good short term but what about stability? Those jobs are only temporary. I don't think anyone wants to move somewhere and work a job for a few months only to get laid off later on. It's not should we say, economical?

Old 09-09-2017, 11:35 AM

119 posts, read 95,514 times
For what? $7.25 an hour or something? I'm on $18 hourly + overtime so it's gotta be at least that much to make me move. I won't even bother getting out of bed for less than $50,000 now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search