Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:42 PM

212 posts, read 822,115 times

Advertisements

On a interview the personnel director asked me this dumb question-- if I was god what kind of job would I make for myself. I said as god I dont work but hang out on beaches in the bahamas.

What was your dumbust question asked on a interview. How would have answered this dumb question. Also ever have a interviewer who was plain stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 05:36 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,919,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
On a interview the personnel director asked me this dumb question-- if I was god what kind of job would I make for myself. I said as god I dont work but hang out on beaches in the bahamas.

What was your dumbust question asked on a interview. How would have answered this dumb question. Also ever have a interviewer who was plain stupid.
How do you handle being yelled at?

I needed the job since it was more $$ but no way was I going to work somewhere the chances of me being yelled at were large enough it made the list of interview questions.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:57 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,731,584 times
The perennial stupid question. It's unavoidable.

"Why do you want this job?"

Because I need the money, you damn fool......

Old 06-05-2008, 06:26 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,079,286 times
"What can you bring to this job?"
"Myself for 40 hours a week."

Actually the above never happened, but my husband and I joke that's how you should answer that question.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:20 PM

225 posts, read 716,442 times
What time do you get up on the weekends.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:25 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
funny you should ask this, I just posted on CL R & R regarding a stupid question from interviewers-
Maybe it is just me, but I think this is funny....
So you apply for jobs all over the country. You aren't going to actually move until a job offer comes through and a start date decided........

Why is it that interviewers invariably ask,
"So are you going to move to ________?" (city where job is)

this is one of those bite your tongue moments...you explain that if offered the job you certainly will......BUT you are dying to say-
Well DUH, I guess I will, but then again maybe I will just fly my personal helicopter/lear jet in every morning. Do you have a landing pad, or an airport next door??

What kind of question is this? Do they even realize what they are asking??
Why would someone apply for a job somewhere else if they did not intend to move there?!?!
Am I missing something?!

Old 06-05-2008, 07:42 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,904,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
What kind of question is this? Do they even realize what they are asking??
Why would someone apply for a job somewhere else if they did not intend to move there?!?!
Am I missing something?!
Unless the job has the possibility of being a work-at-home job. I've had some interviews where I was asked that but only as a possibility. Some descriptions are advertised as "National" or work from any [company's] office, so yes sometimes, they can ask if you were willing to move to a particular location as a choice.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:13 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,100,541 times
Here is a good one:
question "Do you make your bed every morning"
response: blank stare followed by "no" followed by
awkward silence and new question

Old 06-05-2008, 09:12 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,904,111 times
For a Senior Financial Manager, I was asked what was my favorite subject in college, one of a list of questions on a cheat sheet. I ran away from that company as fast as I could!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:07 AM

434 posts, read 3,178,834 times
This did not happen to me but to someone my wife and I were friends with back in graduate school. We were living in central Pennsylvania and unless you went to Penn State a lot of interviewers did not seem to recognize your college. This person had graduated from MIT and spelled out on her resume Mass. Institute of Technology. The person doing the interview wanted to know if the school was a tech school "kind of like DeVry or ITT" because he had never heard of the school before. She tried to explain to him that MIT was one of the best schools in the country, but the guy doing the interview did not believe her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search