Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2012, 04:13 AM

377 posts, read 576,069 times

Advertisements

The Trope Trainer software gets updated and I haven't kept up. Doing so just now I learned some new stuff. Very complicated and simple at the same time. Lots of options to view this electronic version of the Sefer Torah. (Meaning every single character/space is accounted for officially.) I am interested in how the word YHWH is presented musically to the eyes. It doesn't matter to me how it's replaced orally. It IS of utmost faith in the Sefer Torah how it is optically presented in the Western Music notation. It is presented as (transliteration in English characters) Y' H WaH. That's how it's presented in the Tefillah Trainer too in Hebrew in the Western Notation. However, in the Davka Soncino Talmud (no music) it is presented as Y' HoWaH textually which I just discovered. It's important to always read the fine print. All this time I never noticed the "o" vowel added and it's amazing to me in the 21st Century.

Also I'm noticing that the Wiikipedia is using YHWH more and more when citing verses in research articles. We're all getting more honest in dealing with every single Bible worldwide. This is a good sign for Repairing the World. Script rather than bullets for shalom. No more "I know something you don't know" childish management of the Bible document. More and more recognition that the New Testament isn't that "new", just political management of the Bible Actually OT now means to me Original Testament. That's better than Old. If it's Old it has to be Original.

I think the Great Isaiah Scroll has helped confirm the accuracy of the Bible in all its forms and how important it has been up through this very moment for all the Earth. Now "they" are even adding the Talmud to explain the Middle East along with the Bible. A no-no when Christianity was first implemented as being the Divine Right of Kings.

We are so lucky to have Jerusalem Capital of Israel, the Jewish Nation. My adult B'nai Mitzvah haftarah was Is:52:1-12, gorgeous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism