Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 09:39 AM

248 posts, read 175,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
1.For the Lord shall have mercy on Jacob and again choose Israel, and He shall place them on their soil, and the strangers shall accompany them and join the House of Jacob.
Rashi's Commentary:

For the Lord shall have mercy on Jacob: to keep for them the promise of their redemption from Babylonia.

and again choose Israel: in the future, He shall redeem them with a complete redemption.

and join: And they shall be added on. Comp. (I Sam. 2: 36) “Take me now into… (סָפְחֵנִי) ” and also (ibid. 27:19) “From cleaving to the Lord’s heritage (מֵהִסְתַּפֵּחַ).”
2.And peoples shall take them and bring them to their place, and the House of Israel shall inherit them on the soil of the Lord, for slaves and maidservants, and they shall be captors to their captors and rule over those who dominate over them.
Rashi's Commentary:

shall inherit: they shall inherit from them, and similarly, “and you shall hold onto them as an inheritance” (Lev. 25:46).

and rule: Heb. וְרָדוּ, an expression of ruling and dominating, as (Lev. 25:46): “You shall not rule over him (תִרְדֶה).”
Lol how he contradict scripture and is revered is beyond me. What's your take though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 09:43 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
Lol how he contradict scripture and is revered is beyond me. What's your take though?
How is it that he contradicts the Scriptures?...Elaborate...

Old 11-06-2015, 09:48 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
The scattered children of Israel. The ancient people, anybody within the E1b1a group and all its subclades.
Sorry but no, I don't think anyone here will subscribe to the notion that Jews are from Central Eastern Africa. The majority of Jews who came from Africa have Spaniard related genes mixed with North Africa which shows that they migrated from Spain.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Yet the Talmud is arguably the most recognized book by Jews and has more recognition than the Torah in the official religion.
It is merely to help one understand the Torah, not replace it...

Old 11-06-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
Being a "Hebrew" has no value to me because it has no meaning. Hebrew is a language. Many years ago it was a signifier so I guess that's how you mean it. So you are a monotheist. That's nice.

I gave those verses to show that being "son of" doesn't always mean genetics. You now shift the discussion away (as you have no answer to that point) and say that there, it isn't about genetics, but being set aside for a purpose. That's nice but irrelevant. Then you say that lineage doesn't go through the woman Well, you could look at the lineage of David and see that his ancestor, Ruth, was a woman, and her presence in his line is important. You could look at the daughters of Tzlofchad and see that inheritance can fall to a woman. You could look at Yair, who was accounted son of Menashe by virtue of his mother. You could look at Deut 7:3-4 carefully and see that the child of a Jewish mother is considered Jewish while the child of a non-Jewish mother isn't.
You must not be well versed on history of the Hebrew people. They never went "extinct" and arguably the language is still survived under guises of other languages, I won't say for sure but that has definitely been looked into. What I will tell you is that you should look much deeper into the Hebrews' voyages after the destruction of both Temples.

Look rose, as much as you want it to go through the mother, nothing supports that the scripture you're speaking of says that Yahuah (with emphasis) doesn't want the sons going with the neighboring people's daughters because they will make them worship other gods.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
How is it that he contradicts the Scriptures?...Elaborate...
The last line, in regards to ruling.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Sorry but no, I don't think anyone here will subscribe to the notion that Jews are from Central Eastern Africa. The majority of Jews who came from Africa have Spaniard related genes mixed with North Africa which shows that they migrated from Spain.
Are you saying that the Jews at the time of dispersion did go past the rivers of Cush? Are you saying they did not land in West Africa and Southern Africa? The Jews of Spain you are referring to were Moors (Muslims by faith, Hebrew by blood) who, when expelled in 1492 went into West Africa. These are facts.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I am Hebrew by blood, no man can lie to me and say I am not. Even though we lost some of our ways and knowledge due to colonialism and the Maafa we have kept many and observe as much as we were able to pass down in our families.

You're right, I wouldn't convert to Judaism for certain reason(s). For instance, I wouldn't want my son going through metzitzah b'peh, that practice alone is one reason I would not 'formally convert'. Also I want to observe the right feast days and observe the Sabbath accordingly. In the Ancient Hebrew calendar there are 360 days, so it's a period of discovery for me.

Another thing, the man who you all will not name, definitely lived and existed and never once said to "worship him" but only the Father, yes I do observe his teachings and I see nothing wrong with that. All Hebrews in the Ancient days and some point or another came to recognize him as what you all don't recognize him as. In my style of learning, however, I want no room for skepticism and observe all points and sides as they are and come to my own conclusion because Yah have given me understanding and I am slave to no man or group.

I don't disagree with polygamy nor do I advocate for it, I have not seen it written in the law that man should only have one wife, it does say be fruitful and multiply with no specifics to number of wives but if you can point it out share with us.
Just so ya'll know where Soular is coming from...

Black Hebrew Israelites

Practices:

1.Some groups stand on the street corners of major cities and condemn people for their allegedly false beliefs while using vulgar language.2 The Hebrew Israelites are very combative and generally do not want to listen when their views are challenged.3

2.They frequently use Hebrew words such as Yah [the name of God, Yahweh, shortened as Yah], Yahoshua [Jesus], Shabbat [Sabbath], etc.

3.They keep the Jewish Sabbath and many other Jewish customs including circumcision, dietary laws, and the observance of certain Jewish holidays and festivals like Yom Kippur and Passover.

4.They use the Old and New Testament to support their teachings, especially the five books of Moses (Genesis to Deuteronomy).

5.They do not consider themselves to be Jews in the modern sense of the term as associated with Orthodox, Reformed, Conservative, or Hasidic Judaism.

Teachings:

Generally, the Black Hebrew Israelites teach that certain groups of black are the descendants of ancient Israelites and that white people (especially those in Israel today) are not true descendents. Some BHI's adhere to the Talmud (Jewish collection of teachings, laws, and interpretations based on Genesis through Deuteronomy) while others do not. A very small faction is racist and considers white people to be evil. Most Black Hebrew Israelites are peacable and oppose racism.

Following are some of the teachings that many Black Hebrew Israelites affirm. However, there is no universal consensus on all of these points, nor is this an exhaustive summary of all their beliefs. Not all divisions within the movement hold to all these teaching since there is vast diversity in the movement that has no official creed.

6. Black People:
;
Black people are the true Israelites from the tribe of Judah. They argue this from various passages in the Old Testament including Deuteronomy 28 (cf. Leviticus 26) which references ships (Deut. 28:68), serving in bondage (Deut. 28:48), mockery (28:37), and being defeated before one's enemies (28:25). Also, Lamentations 5:10 describes the Israelites who had skin as black as an oven. Therefore, to the Hebrew Israelites, this is conclusive proof that the original Israelites were black.
2.Hispanics, Native Americans, and Negroes are the real Israelites (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI1Zdt031r8). The Jews are the Negros in America. The Jews are one tribe of people from Judah.

The Twelve Tribes of Israel are divided up into various ethnic groups in amongst Hispanics, Native Americans, and Negroes.

3.Many of the popular people in history were black, including Moses, Pharoah, certain Roman emperors, etc.

4.Jesus was black.

7. White People:

White people are seen as conspirators who attempt to persecute the black people and hide their true identity as Israelites. Many Black Hebrew Israelites see white people as almost subhuman.

2.People on this earth are in the caucasian heaven right now since white people are dominating this world and subjugating black people.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Just so ya'll know where Soular is coming from...

Black Hebrew Israelites

Practices:

1.Some groups stand on the street corners of major cities and condemn people for their allegedly false beliefs while using vulgar language.2 The Hebrew Israelites are very combative and generally do not want to listen when their views are challenged.3

2.They frequently use Hebrew words such as Yah [the name of God, Yahweh, shortened as Yah], Yahoshua [Jesus], Shabbat [Sabbath], etc.

3.They keep the Jewish Sabbath and many other Jewish customs including circumcision, dietary laws, and the observance of certain Jewish holidays and festivals like Yom Kippur and Passover.

4.They use the Old and New Testament to support their teachings, especially the five books of Moses (Genesis to Deuteronomy).

5.They do not consider themselves to be Jews in the modern sense of the term as associated with Orthodox, Reformed, Conservative, or Hasidic Judaism.

Teachings:

Generally, the Black Hebrew Israelites teach that certain groups of black are the descendants of ancient Israelites and that white people (especially those in Israel today) are not true descendents. Some BHI's adhere to the Talmud (Jewish collection of teachings, laws, and interpretations based on Genesis through Deuteronomy) while others do not. A very small faction is racist and considers white people to be evil. Most Black Hebrew Israelites are peacable and oppose racism.

Following are some of the teachings that many Black Hebrew Israelites affirm. However, there is no universal consensus on all of these points, nor is this an exhaustive summary of all their beliefs. Not all divisions within the movement hold to all these teaching since there is vast diversity in the movement that has no official creed.

6. Black People:
;
Black people are the true Israelites from the tribe of Judah. They argue this from various passages in the Old Testament including Deuteronomy 28 (cf. Leviticus 26) which references ships (Deut. 28:68), serving in bondage (Deut. 28:48), mockery (28:37), and being defeated before one's enemies (28:25). Also, Lamentations 5:10 describes the Israelites who had skin as black as an oven. Therefore, to the Hebrew Israelites, this is conclusive proof that the original Israelites were black.
2.Hispanics, Native Americans, and Negroes are the real Israelites (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI1Zdt031r8). The Jews are the Negros in America. The Jews are one tribe of people from Judah.

The Twelve Tribes of Israel are divided up into various ethnic groups in amongst Hispanics, Native Americans, and Negroes.

3.Many of the popular people in history were black, including Moses, Pharoah, certain Roman emperors, etc.

4.Jesus was black.

7. White People:

White people are seen as conspirators who attempt to persecute the black people and hide their true identity as Israelites. Many Black Hebrew Israelites see white people as almost subhuman.

2.People on this earth are in the caucasian heaven right now since white people are dominating this world and subjugating black people.
I don't adhere to any Hebrew Israelite Group, first of all, I'm a realist. Take a look at history and backs up what most Hebrews agree with. Secondly, I don't believe that Hispanics, Native Americans, or any other group other than "Negroes" in both Americas and the Caribbean are Hebrews. It's not just black people here it's other black people in the Middle East who agree that Hebrews are black for example:

https://instagram.com/p/6tJwZHsdtz/http://

Old 11-06-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
The scattered children of Israel. The ancient people, anybody within the E1b1a group and all its subclades.

Haplogroup E1b1a is the main haplogroup in sub-Saharan Africa, where it reaches frequencies of over 80% in West Africa. It has been hypothesized that E1b1a originated in Northern Africa and then spread to sub-Saharan Africa with the Bantu expansion. However, Rosa et al. (2007) and others suggest that it likely originated in and expanded from West Africa (i.e., the Sudanese Belt) within the last 20,000 to 30,000 years based on the fact that the frequency and diversity of E1b1a in this region are among the highest found. E-M2 is considered to be the signature Y-DNA for the Bantu expansion, however, it should be considered the signature y-DNA for the Niger-Congo phylum or language, which means that E1b1a was probably the most common chromosome in West Africa when the Niger-Congo language emerged at least 15,000 YBP(years before present). - http://www.thefullwiki.org/Haplogroup_E1b1a_(Y-DNA)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism