Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 06:08 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniHaGever View Post
[/b]

Lol no they did not the idea that the Avot- fathers were already observing the torah before Matan Torah is just an aggada- to convey a point not something really to be taken historical or serious. Since if that were the case why did Yakov marry a woman and her sister something which the Chumash prohibits in Vayikra. Don't you think if Yakov knew about this prohibition he would have readily had two wives which were sisters Rachel and leah come on now.
https://judaism.stackexchange.com/qu...eeping-mitzvot

Old 07-05-2017, 06:27 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
They were Arabs.
How were they Arabs???....

Old 07-05-2017, 01:53 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And you just happen to have the correct doctrine, right?...
- my doctrine is not mine but His Who sent me -

- I am no longer a Protestant of 'The-Reform-Mation' of Catholic church Doctrine.

So, I'm no longer a Trinitarian.
I don't believe Jesus is The G-d of Israel's Torah.

I am a true non-denominationalist.

And, just for the record if it makes you feel better, neither do I eat pork.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- my doctrine is not mine but His Who sent me -

- I am no longer a Protestant of 'The-Reform-Mation' of Catholic church Doctrine.

So, I'm no longer a Trinitarian.
I don't believe Jesus is The G-d of Israel's Torah.

I am a true non-denominationalist.

And, just for the record if it makes you feel better, neither do I eat pork.
What's not eating pork have to do with anything?...

Old 07-05-2017, 02:11 PM

- Oh and since this is: Food For Thought?

Neither do I believe Jesus was, or is, Israel's Passover lamb.

Jesus gave The Unleavened Bread as His Body not Israel's Passover lamb as His body.

Jesus also gave the fruit of The Vine as His blood. And not the blood of The Passover lamb.
Anyway, Moses served no Wine at Passover.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
What's not eating pork have to do with anything?...
It has to do with God and me. And this thread is about Food.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
- Oh and since this is: Food For Thought?

Neither do I believe Jesus was, or is, Israel's Passover lamb.

Jesus gave The Unleavened Bread as His Body not Israel's Passover lamb as His body.

Jesus also gave the fruit of The Vine as His blood. And not the blood of The Passover lamb.
Anyway, Moses served no Wine at Passover.
Okay...

Old 07-05-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
It has to do with God and me. And this thread is about Food.
Pork is not the only non-Kosher animal...

Old 07-05-2017, 02:39 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Okay...

I will be the second.........

''Okay...''

AWEERIGHTY THEN

Old 07-05-2017, 02:44 PM

625 posts, read 312,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Which links are broken?
Perhaps they can be fixed.

Not sure exactly what you are asking. Are you saying that you don't understand why Abraham is considered the first Jew, and founder of Judaism?

You actually are quoting yourself from one paragraph up on the same page. That is rather novel and gave me a chuckle, thank you!
The link in post #24 is broken, or at least is to my computer.

The comments in post #13 by rosends seems pretty clear to me, and I don't think that I disagree with any of it.

I don't think that I am asking anything, or saying that I don't understand anything. I may not always be right, but I am never in doubt.

I can certainly understand why people would say that Abraham is the founder of Judaism. Others might say that haShem is the founder of Judaism.

I consider the idea that Abraham was the first "Jew" ridiculous. Yehudah was his great-grandson. Nine of his twelve great-grandsons were not Jewish, by the most liberal definition.

Remember that "Jew," by halachah, is an ethnic designation unmodified by religion. A person who was born a Jew remains a Jew even if he has been washed in the blood of the lamb, whatever that means, AND has subsequently become a Hare Krishna, whatever that is. Being Jewish is one thing, and following Judaism is another.

I only claimed that Abraham was not a Jew, any more than King George was a Virginian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism