Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:18 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times

Advertisements

OK, so everybody probably thinks I hate Kansas. That's just not true. There are a lot of things I don't like about Kansas, specifically related to how Johnson County interacts with the rest of the metro, but that does not mean I don't enjoy the Kansas side and take advantage of what it offers. I have many friends of relatives there etc. So putting aside all the things I don't like about Kansas, here are some of the things I do like about the Kansas side of KC.

The off street bike trail systems are fantastic. Indian Creek, Tomahawk Creek, whatever the trail is called that goes from Olathe through Shawnee Mission Park.

Lawrence (Mass St, the river levee trail)

Theater In the Park in SMP.

Mission Hills

Microcenter!

KC Wizards new stadium (kind of excited about this)

KC Renaissance Festival

Balloon Festival in KCK

T-rex Restaurant (kids like it)

Oklahoma Joe's, Rosedale and Hayward's BBQ

Lake Quivira

Corporate Woods Jazz Festival

Nebraska Furniture Mart (kind of miss this place!)

Downtown Overland Park

Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead

Pepsi Ice Center

Original Fritz's on 18th in KCK

Kaw Point and Strawberry Hill in KCK

Powell Observatory

Rosedale Arch and SMP Disc Golf Courses

Moon Marble Company‎

Speedway (not a huge race fan, but fun to go once in a while, and fun to drive them!)

Hallbrook (yea, it's a new area and doesn't have the charm of Ward Parkway or Mission Hills, but it's still a neat area to drive through and look at the huge homes)

So there you go

Last edited by kcmo; 04-29-2010 at 08:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 09:02 AM

476 posts, read 1,316,337 times
Take it to the Kansas forum!

I had no idea there was a Fritz's in KCK, let alone the original.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKC View Post
Take it to the Kansas forum!
Kansas side of KC goes here! Besides the Kansas forum is looney and they have a serial troll on the lose over there!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:37 AM

1,662 posts, read 4,503,629 times
<yawn>

Sorry, doesn't wash for me. Not that you care what I think (or should) but the tremendous amount of misleading information you try to pass off as fact regarding JoCo (to the point that you will even contradict yourself if it lends itself to the bash), your continued mischaracterization of the entire state of KS based on what you claim to have experienced in one tiny county ... (you can't even talk about DC without digging at KS!)

Listing a few things you like doesn't make up for all the rest. How about you just cut the crap and we call it even?

I'm not an expert on the entire metro area and neither are you. I make recommendations based on my preferences, same as anyone else. We should all feel free to do this without snide misinformation.

If you make a statement, you should back it up with some facts, not crap your friends say or what you think you remember from 15 years ago. Put up or shut up, dude!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:44 AM

64 posts, read 145,884 times
Fantastic post, KCMO! I'd never had Oklahoma Joe's before until we visited last November, and it was a-mazing! The line out the door was well worth the wait! The Bully Porter chili was insanely flavorful.

Gotta love Mass Street in Lawrence. I'm slightly envious of my friends who are going and went to KU. The Bottleneck is a great place to see alt-rock bands. Plus, I think Lawrence's Half Price Books is one of the best I've been to.

Theater in the Park...and SM Park in general...so many memories! And a fun place to volunteer!

Ever been to Heritage Park off 151st in OP? Hope it's still there...I used to go feed the geese there!

You've inspired me with a lot of new ideas (never been to Fritz's, heard it's excellent) and now I want to go to the Corporate Woods Jazz Festival!

Never been to Hallbrook, so it's on the list, too!

Another one I gotta add is Barley's Brewhaus in Shawnee, off Midland. So many different beers to choose from!

I can't wait to move, lol, wish I could just pack up and leave now!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
<yawn>

Sorry, doesn't wash for me. Not that you care what I think (or should) but the tremendous amount of misleading information you try to pass off as fact regarding JoCo (to the point that you will even contradict yourself if it lends itself to the bash), your continued mischaracterization of the entire state of KS based on what you claim to have experienced in one tiny county ... (you can't even talk about DC without digging at KS!)

Listing a few things you like doesn't make up for all the rest. How about you just cut the crap and we call it even?

I'm not an expert on the entire metro area and neither are you. I make recommendations based on my preferences, same as anyone else. We should all feel free to do this without snide misinformation.

If you make a statement, you should back it up with some facts, not crap your friends say or what you think you remember from 15 years ago. Put up or shut up, dude!
Post wasn't for you samantha, and you are right, don't really care what you think about it and certainly not asking you for a truce, sorry

Old 04-29-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Post wasn't for you samantha, and you are right, don't really care what you think about it and certainly not asking you for a truce, sorry
Yes I know it wasn't for me. It was a lame attempt to regain credibility.

Hey, whatever. You keep posting BS about KS, I'll keep calling it the BS that it is, you keep slinking away and posting more BS ... gee what fun ...

Old 04-29-2010, 11:39 AM

Once again, I don't dislike Kansas, especially the entire state of Kansas, I like kcmo though, I like kcmo with a passion, always have.

That's where all this started. It's almost impossible to be a true KCMO born and raised guy and not have some resentment about how JoCo generally interacts with the rest of KC area, especially urban kcmo.

That doesn't mean all people in JoCo are jerks or all of Kansas sucks. It just means there IS a lot of friction.

I don't have to "regain" anything nor do I have anything to prove to you or anybody else. You will see what you see and I will see what I see. From the feedback I get on my posts, plenty of people agree with me as I'm sure you will say the same. So, nothing more to say.

I can't prove everything I post with links, and even though you will ignore most of what I post and concentrate on something you think has flaws, I'm not going to get into those with you just so my main points can be brushed aside while I debate some detail with you.

Keep telling your story and I will keep telling mine.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I can't prove everything I post with links
Hey, I'll settle for just once in a while.

Things like "95% of the economic development in JoCo come at the expense of KCMO" Crap like that. That came right out of your backside and you know it.

Have some companies moved from KCMO to JoCo? Yes. Does it translate to 95% of the economic development? Not even close.

And have we yet established whether or not we can call JoCo "wealthy'?

And that's just from the last couple of days!

Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM

476 posts, read 1,316,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
Hey, I'll settle for just once in a while.

Things like "95% of the economic development in JoCo come at the expense of KCMO" Crap like that. That came right out of your backside and you know it.

Have some companies moved from KCMO to JoCo? Yes. Does it translate to 95% of the economic development? Not even close.
Cite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City