Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 06:11 PM

49 posts, read 121,984 times

Advertisements

Found this today by accident. It is a sorry day in Independence. Things are really going down hill.

http://www.examiner.net/news/law/x353253155/Six-illegal-immigrants-taken...

SUR 13 gang from LA is here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 06:38 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoOP View Post
Found this today by accident. It is a sorry day in Independence. Things are really going down hill.

This could have just as easily gone down in Olathe or some other cheap suburban motel. I highly doubt that this is any evidence of Indenpedence "going downhill".

But nice first post in the Kansas City forum about anything outside of South JoCo. I notice you have avoided posting in the KC forum, (only the KS forum) Might want to stick to the Kansas forum if this is all you are going to contribute.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:04 PM

822 posts, read 2,046,676 times
Whoa, kcmo! Yeah, maybe it could have gone down somewhere else, but the fact is that it happened where it did--Independence. The OP was just commenting on a factual story.

As June would say to Ward, "you're being a little hard on the Beaver, aren't you?"

Old 09-03-2010, 07:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoOP View Post

We've had LA gang problems from time to time in various parts of the KC metro area. Usually the incidents are isolated except in heavily marked gang neighborhoods. It is good to see that the Independence,MO PD is all over this. KC's intersection of major interstates make it an attractive pass-through area for illegal aliens (I-35/I-29/I-70). I wouldn't take it as a sign that things are really going down hill. Just take note of suspicious activity and notify the appropriate law enforcement agency.

Some folks would rather turn a blind eye and stick their heads in the sand. Others chastize those who pointing anything unpleasant about the city in which they once resided. Thanks for posting just the same.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:28 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1969 View Post
Whoa, kcmo! Yeah, maybe it could have gone down somewhere else, but the fact is that it happened where it did--Independence. The OP was just commenting on a factual story.

As June would say to Ward, "you're being a little hard on the Beaver, aren't you?"
Yea, probably. I do apologize. I just don't get why somebody that obviously has little interest in the MO side would choose this topic as one of their very few posts about the MO side.

I probably wouldn't have said anything if it were not for the "going downhill" part.

Indy has really tried and in many cases is succeeding in shedding its image and addressing many of its blight and urban problems, yet these are the only stories people want to post or promote.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:34 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,540,499 times
I'm with kcmo on this one. This could have happened at any cheap motel/extended stay in the metro. Those type places attract scumbag mopes in droves. I wouldn't necessarily write off Independence as gang banger heaven based on this one incident.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,859,963 times
There have been stories similar to this one in various parts of the metro, including the supposed nicer parts. A person can go and find gang graffiti all up and down the I-35 corridor of places like Overland Park and Lenexa. You also see it in the Northland and elsewhere. I don't want to downplay it because it needs to be taken seriously, but Indy isn't the only town who needs to keep it's eyes open.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:29 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Default Who would have thought?

(Shaking head)

Another new thread quickly turned to just another battle in the MO-KS war - with the very next post, in this case. Just to be clear, the poster said " Things are really going down hill" and she's right. I sensed no intent to focus an attack on Independence in the post.

Some of you folks are thinner skinned about anything Missouri than anyone I've ever known is about personal issues.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't become a trend. Anything negative happening on the Missouri side will be answered with...well, it could have just as easily happened in Lenexa!

The entertainment continues....

Old 09-04-2010, 08:31 AM

694 posts, read 1,356,722 times
Story leaves me wondering what "gang" they had been fighting with? Maybe a turf war with Missouri's own young hoodlum's - the 'AAA' gang (Angry Amish A--Kickers) or maybe the fearless M & M gang (Miffed & Mennonite)?

Come on Examiner - tell us the whole story!

And cuddo-o's to the IPD for getting these punks off the streets. Makes you wonder if the open street warfare in Mexico was too much for them.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:58 AM

49 posts, read 121,984 times
I have some ties to Independence going many years back and know it quite well. There was no ill intent or need to take offense. If you notice in my title I said "Sadly" and I do mean that. Just because I live in So OP doesn't mean that there are other areas that I should not care about.

Avoidance? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City