Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 03:30 PM

19 posts, read 29,786 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be in Kansas City for just two days next week. I can Google this, but I'd rather firsthand recommendations, if anyone knows of any good vegan restaurants, or restaurants such as Thai or Mediterranean that often have vegan selections. I'm not familiar with the area at all and will be staying near the sports complex. I'll have a rental car, but something nearby would be preferable.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,807,336 times
Cafe Gratitude, FuD (both downtown) and Eden Alley (Plaza) are purely vegan, probably a few others. Cafe Gratitude seems to be the goto place lately for vegan purists. Most any foodie type place is likely vegan friendly. But the area around sports complex is hardly a foodie/vegan haven, not likely to find many options there. It's mostly truck diner/fast food/sports bar type eats.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:02 PM

Thanks for the information.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:41 PM

709 posts, read 1,493,044 times
I highly recommend FuD - I think it is the most interesting/original. Cafe Gratitude and Eden Alley (vegetarian, but I don't think it is all vegan) are other good options.

For ethnic places that have vegan options: Blue Koi (39th St), LuLu's (Crossroads), Vietnam Cafe (Columbus Park), Thai Place (Westport). For Mediterranean, I like Aladdin Cafe (39th St) and Little Egypt (Midtown).

Some restaurants that have good veg/vegan options: Blue Bird Bistro (westside), McCoy's and Foundry (Westport) - just about any decent place will have at least 1 or 2 options. For breakfast/brunch try the Vegan Kitchen Sink at Succotash.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
FuD and Eden Alley are the two that spring immediately to mind. But there are lots of non-vegan, non-strictly vegetarian restaurants that have veg and vegan options.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOwlSaysHoot View Post
I highly recommend FuD - I think it is the most interesting/original. Cafe Gratitude and Eden Alley (vegetarian, but I don't think it is all vegan) are other good options.

For ethnic places that have vegan options: Blue Koi (39th St), LuLu's (Crossroads), Vietnam Cafe (Columbus Park), Thai Place (Westport). For Mediterranean, I like Aladdin Cafe (39th St) and Little Egypt (Midtown).

Some restaurants that have good veg/vegan options: Blue Bird Bistro (westside), McCoy's and Foundry (Westport) - just about any decent place will have at least 1 or 2 options. For breakfast/brunch try the Vegan Kitchen Sink at Succotash.

Excellent! Thank you.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:14 PM

377 posts, read 569,981 times
For excellent Thai, Lulu's Noodle House (Crossroads). Lots of good vegan options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City