Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiapeach32 View Post
How so? You are a guy so dating someone younger might not be a problem however for a woman who is in her 30's in a city where few 30 year olds are singles lends few options. I don't want some 23 year old or some 50 year old.
Again, I had no problem finding dates when I was single (and in my thirties). Just saying. I dated a range from 26-42, so,yeah, single guys in that age range are, indeed, out there.

Also, I'm a transplant who moved here six years ago, was already 30 when I arrived...not a rah-rah-KC-homer, so it's not about "Oh, my beloved city."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 03:40 PM

85 posts, read 311,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Again, I had no problem finding dates when I was single (and in my thirties). Just saying. I dated a range from 26-42, so,yeah, single guys in that age range are, indeed, out there.

Also, I'm a transplant who moved here six years ago, was already 30 when I arrived...not a rah-rah-KC-homer, so it's not about "Oh, my beloved city."
Good for you!

Old 09-18-2013, 05:29 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Again, I had no problem finding dates when I was single (and in my thirties). Just saying.
You had no problems because you're a rarity in KC. Never married, not dragging multiple kids, educated, you make it on your own, etc...

Of course guys are going to be drawn to that versus the usual dime-a-dozen divorced single mothers with a fat butts and butch haircuts that's pretty damn prevalent in KC.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 PM

62 posts, read 143,234 times
I'm so glad a thread was created about this. I thought it was perhaps my unique situation. I'm a professional black woman with two Masters degrees. My job relocated me here from DC. Dating has been a real piece of work here but like I said I thought it was because I was a professional black woman. Here in KC, I just don't meet many black men on my level and professional white men just aren't as receptive to interracial dating, particularly if you are a black woman. In DC, there were lots of professional black men and lots of white men who didn't think twice about being in a relationship with a black woman. Making friends isn't easy either. I joined a church only to be treated odd because I wasn't married nor had children. I befriend one other woman who has since moved away that said the same thing.

My job has a sister company in Denver and I'm currently trying to see if I can get transferred to Denver. I hear it's a better place for professionals to mingle and date. I feel KC is an excellent place to live if you are married with children. Family life here is unmatched and that's for sure. Great neighborhoods and great schools. For singles, it's not so great. Sure there will be some who have lucked up but for that one who lucked up, there are like 50 who haven't lucked up. I say spread your wings and fly. Come back when you find your significant other and have children.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
You had no problems because you're a rarity in KC. Never married, not dragging multiple kids, educated, you make it on your own, etc...

Of course guys are going to be drawn to that versus the usual dime-a-dozen divorced single mothers with a fat butts and butch haircuts that's pretty damn prevalent in KC.
That's nice of you to say, but I don't think I'm a rarity at all...most of my friends are in similar or the same boat. And, come to that, while I am never married, never divorced, no kids, educated, have long hair, and can make it on my own, there are those who would assuredly consider my butt to be fat...but I'm okay with that. It didn't hinder me much, if at all.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady300 View Post
I'm so glad a thread was created about this. I thought it was perhaps my unique situation. I'm a professional black woman with two Masters degrees. My job relocated me here from DC. Dating has been a real piece of work here but like I said I thought it was because I was a professional black woman. Here in KC, I just don't meet many black men on my level and professional white men just aren't as receptive to interracial dating, particularly if you are a black woman. In DC, there were lots of professional black men and lots of white men who didn't think twice about being in a relationship with a black woman. Making friends isn't easy either. I joined a church only to be treated odd because I wasn't married nor had children. I befriend one other woman who has since moved away that said the same thing.

My job has a sister company in Denver and I'm currently trying to see if I can get transferred to Denver. I hear it's a better place for professionals to mingle and date. I feel KC is an excellent place to live if you are married with children. Family life here is unmatched and that's for sure. Great neighborhoods and great schools. For singles, it's not so great. Sure there will be some who have lucked up but for that one who lucked up, there are like 50 who haven't lucked up. I say spread your wings and fly. Come back when you find your significant other and have children.

Denver is much better! People there aren't as brainwashed by the religious BS like they are here.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
That's nice of you to say, but I don't think I'm a rarity at all...most of my friends are in similar or the same boat. And, come to that, while I am never married, never divorced, no kids, educated, have long hair, and can make it on my own, there are those who would assuredly consider my butt to be fat...but I'm okay with that. It didn't hinder me much, if at all.

By Kansas City standards, you are!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:05 PM

2,233 posts, read 3,166,730 times
If you are in your 30s and still blaming where you live for your dating struggles, then the problem is you. Expect to live lots of different places that are "hard to find dates in".

Old 09-20-2013, 05:18 PM

26,420 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
If you are in your 30s and still blaming where you live for your dating struggles, then the problem is you. Expect to live lots of different places that are "hard to find dates in".
A big part of the problem is not enough people wait until after 30 BEFORE getting married OR having kids in the KC region. It is a social culture issue more than anything and it is becoming more bizarre compared to other parts of the country these days. I watch trends and I am in the GIS industry and have an extensive knowledge of demographics to track the data.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:46 PM

24 posts, read 41,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
A big part of the problem is not enough people wait until after 30 BEFORE getting married OR having kids in the KC region. It is a social culture issue more than anything and it is becoming more bizarre compared to other parts of the country these days. I watch trends and I am in the GIS industry and have an extensive knowledge of demographics to track the data.
Okay, can you please share the data? Let's hear your extensive knowledge of demographics on the subject, so us less intelligent people can understand this bizarre social culture that is so prevelant in the Kansas City region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City