Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 06:25 PM

684 posts, read 791,676 times

Advertisements

C'mon! One obsessed lady from JoCo doesn't like and/or agree with a topic and so she turns it into a flame thread with her attacks, insults, and her irrational comments. Deliberately doing this just so the mod will close it.

TSC didn't get funding. It can be a very logical assumption that the University of Kansas... Hospital ads everywhere could've factored in. Because why should Missouri state legislators spend state funding on a complex that is catering advertising wise to an out-of-state and rivaling university?

A few samples that I could find of the University of Kansas............ Hospital ads around TSC. And just remember, Jackson County Missourians own this complex.

There's many many more, omitting the actual stadiums themselves. You can't tell me that this isn't overboard. I understand ads, but this goes beyond that for one specific sponsor to do this much.

Let's put it into further perspective, let's say the TSC allowed sponsorship from the Republican Party, but not the Democratic Party. Would not that offend two-thirds of the immediate fan base? Who are democrats. And so allowing a specific rivaling university to advertise is likewise, it offends two-thirds of the fan base. Who are Missourians.

Missourians own this complex, but just exactly what speaks Missouri when you visit it?

Old 02-18-2015, 07:12 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
KU ads all over the Truman Sports Complex is annoying. The only reason it annoys me is because it sends a confusing message to people visiting KC or seeing Royals and Chiefs on TV with KU ads. But you are thinking way too much about it.

Nobody outside of KC really cares or notices the KU Med ads. It's a local marketing deal for the KC region.

KU Med is not really the same as KU in Lawrence. It's not like they are advertising KU's main campus. KU Med is a major research hospital in the heart of metro KC. It's right on state line. It's more a Midtown KCMO hospital than a KCK hospital. KU Med is what is fueling much of the growth on the MO side of state line along 39th.

KU Med does a lot of great things for the entire metro area. They have a nationally recognized burn unit and they do a lot of free and specialized care like Children's Mercy does.

There are much bigger issues facing KC than KU Med ads at the TSC. At least they are not using the jayhawk logo! Now that would be going too far .

It's just a hospital man and a pretty good one.

Personally, I would love to see KU Med continue to grow into something much bigger. Look around at what large academic medical centers can do for cities. Houston, Cleveland etc. KU Med is good for KCMO too. They work with UMKC and Children's mercy. It would be nice to see all three come together and create an urban medical/research triangle.

I do agree though that JoCo and Kansas continue to do a lot of harm to the city. I just don't think KU Med is one of those that should be thrown under the bus.

Last edited by kcmo; 02-18-2015 at 07:22 PM..

Old 02-18-2015, 07:19 PM

396 posts, read 999,113 times
I can't figure out if you are a passionate troll or just a bit.... hmmm. Anyway, Let it go! Let it go!

The University of Kansas Med School is in Kansas City. They staff the athletic training for the Chiefs and Royals so obviously the have a presence. It's a smart investment for the university because it showcases a strong program to a national audience. Likewise, it's a good move for the Chiefs because they have a top notch health team AND are supporting a LOCAL school. Does UMKC have anything in terms of Sports Medicine anywhere close to on Par with KUMC? I have not heard of this being the case.

I will say we can agree on one thing. With regards to the Gov. The very concept that putting 2-3 million dollars in the budget for KC stadiums as an afterthought while St. Louis gets 10+ million dollars is ridiculous. As a Missouri resident, I'd put your energy into advocating for KC in a way that would actually do something, rather than fight with some lady from the suburbs on a message board.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:22 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
"Truly Missouri," (silly name, and shows what you are really here for - to troll), I think you are the one obsessed. You start flame thread after flame thread.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
KU ads all over the Truman Sports Complex is annoying. The only reason it annoys me is because it sends a confusing message to people visiting KC or seeing Royals and Chiefs on TV with KU ads. But you are thinking way too much about it.

Nobody outside of KC really cares or notices the KU Med ads. It's a local marketing deal for the KC region.

KU Med is not really the same as KU in Lawrence. It's not like they are advertising KU's main campus. KU Med is a major research hospital in the heart of metro KC. It's right on state line. It's more a Midtown KCMO hospital than a KCK hospital. KU Med is what is fueling much of the growth on the MO side of state line along 39th.

KU Med does a lot of great things for the entire metro area. They have a nationally recognized burn unit and they do a lot of free and specialized care like Children's Mercy does.

There are much bigger issues facing KC than KU Med ads at the TSC. At least they are not using the jayhawk logo! Now that would be going too far .

It's just a hospital man and a pretty good one.
It has a lot more to do with it than just the hospital. It's the whole perception that this city is becoming less and less Missouri. With ploys like this (branding their hospital) all over our paid for complex to further degenerate our Missouri image and location.

If Missouri advertisements were to ever be at the Kansas Speedway or Sporting Park; would you say the same for Kansans who would protests Missouri ads? That they are thinking too much about it? This is Missouri! So forgive me if I'm thinking too much about that.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Truly Missouri, I think you are the one obsessed. You start flame thread after flame thread.
Um No! Everyone who saw the last thread knew it wasn't a flame thread. Until, you came in with false accusations about JoCo this and that.

It's the only attack you have, and you just constantly keep playing it. You never cease.

And why do you keep attacking my name? Get over it! I'm from Missouri! And a tax payer too. Very childish!

Old 02-18-2015, 07:26 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Um No! Everyone who saw the last thread knew it wasn't a flame thread. Until, you came in with false accusations about JoCo this and that.

It's the only attack you have, and you just constantly keep playing it. You never cease.
You are the one who changed the direction of that thread and you even admitted it was a stupid thing to do. Don't be surprised if someone (and I wasn't the only one) calls you on it. Also, here you are starting ANOTHER stupid thread. It's pretty clear who is obsessed.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:30 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
I know I can always count on the KC forum to brighten my day.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:31 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
It has a lot more to do with it than just the hospital. It's the whole perception that this city is becoming less and less Missouri. With ploys like this (branding their hospital) all over our paid for complex to further degenerate our Missouri image and location.

If Missouri advertisements were to ever be at the Kansas Speedway or Sporting Park; would you say the same for Kansans who would protests Missouri ads? That they are thinking too much about it? This is Missouri! So forgive me if I'm thinking too much about that.
I know what you are saying and you are correct. KC is becoming a "Kansas" city and it's having some pretty dramatic negative effects on the city.

But I just think you are picking the wrong fight.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You are the one who changed the direction of that thread and you even admitted it was a stupid thing to do. Don't be surprised if someone (and I wasn't the only one) calls you on it. Also, here you are starting ANOTHER stupid thread. It's pretty clear who is obsessed.
No I did not! Almost every thread I create you are the one who is trolling you way into it by the third or fourth post. Inciting false accusations against me for ridiculous reasons of JoCo. And um, you were the only one who called me out on it.

If you don't like a thread or topic luzianne, then you always do the same game. False accusations and flame bickering to get closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City